I need a flow control valve for a high speed hyd motor on a firewood processor I am building. my motor only requires 8 gpm, I dug threw my treasure pile and found a flow control valve. A Prince, RD150-16 or RDS150-16, I'm not sure witch, no tag to tell me. My question for you guys is, the RD150-16 does not have a relief where as the RDS150-16 does, how can I tell the difference between the two. I would like a relief valve and I don't know witch valve I have. Is there a external difference between these valves that will help me know if I have one with a built in relief. And yes I know if I go buy new parts I would know for sure, however the purpose of this build is to build a machine that I could sure use with the pile of parts and steel taking up space in the shop. This is not going to be a production machine, just some thing to make life easier cutting for my own and family's and friends fire wood. Thanks ahead of time for any help you guys may be able to give.
The one with a built in relief, is it adjustable, and do you have pictures of both valves for us to see, that might help, also have you checked with prince's website or one of their dealers and ask them, they would certainly have more knowledge of their products than we would be. Just some suggestions