I have a Kubota SVL 75-2 that I just changed all the filters and hydraulic fluids about 50 hours ago. We were running one of our attachments when I noticed a lot of fluid leaking around the shaft we finished up our job and put up the equipment. I pulled the hydraulic motor and took apart the case, I found the bearings had gone out causing contact on the walls of the motor, and causing the seals to leak. My question to you guys is after tearing down the motor, I found small pieces of metal in the motor (looks like aluminium glitter) do you think the filters on the machine would catch this before it would have gotten to the pumps and drive motors. What do you recommend doing. I called a local Kubota shop and they tell me the filters will catch most everything before any damage could happen and not to worry. Any ideas or experience with these type of issues.
The filters will catch most small stuff except in the situation of a start up in the morning on cold oil. The filters usual have some provision to bypass oil around the filter when you have a high differential between the inlet pressure and the outlet pressure. The oil then goes directly to the reservoir. Did you remove and check your tank strainer for particles as well. If it was clean, you have not have any problems. Many machines have a return filter on the machine and also one on the return side of any attachment circuit that uses motors.