I have a 580C in which I have to change the hydraulic fluid due to age and water contamination. I know the preferred fluid is probably case HY-TRAN, but I have a lot of AW-46 hydraulic fluid. (like two 55-gal drums) My question is would the AW-46 fluid be ok in the 580c hydraulic system? I think its 15w. I only use the tractor in the summer months, no cold weather operation. Thanks!
I think you should be ok as long as we are talking about the regular hydralics and not the transmission. Hy-trans is for the transmission. I used AW-46 for the hydralics in my 580b. That is what was available here, but i think it is right stuff. I know it works. I don't have a book on my backhoe so i don't know what it specs for the fluid. At any rate i think you should be fine. I have been told more than once that these machines are pretty much bullet proof. As long as you aren't using ATF or engine oil, any thing that says "hydralic" should work. Just my opinion. Hope i helped. Joe
I used 10wt oil in mine.
AW -46 will be fine. The hyd system is just a simple system. Have fun Paul
Hy-Trans oil is a dual use oil. It is the commonly used abbreviation for Hydraulic-Transmission oil. It is usually more expensive than the AW types of hydraulic oil.
That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that.
Hi all,Newbie here, does anyone here know what oil my 416C calls for in the rear? got a parts book but no service manual Ive got a job in the am and cant touch oil with a 6" wire...thanks....ocg
You mean the rear transmission? Manual transmission? Or something else? More info ocg.