Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic fluid in oil

Komatsu owner ยท 2014-09-20 18:01

I have hydraulic fluid going into oil and then being expelled thru oil breather tube. I haven't had this machine long it seemed to be losing a lot of hydraulic fluid. I just pulled the skid panel and started it to see where it was leaking and it was coming out of the oil breather tube. I thought it would be a hose but I found something I wasn't expecting. I don't know where to start to find the problem. I welcome any suggestions. Thanks

Replies13
  1. #1Komatsu owner2014-09-20 18:05

    Sorry about the double post

  2. #2kshansen2014-09-21 10:57

    Would help to post what this machine is, make, model and even S/N. That being said a wild guess would be a seal leaking in a pump mounted on the engine.

  3. #3bob4552014-09-21 14:38

    If it a Komatsu dozer the pilot pump is on the rear of your engine and if the seal on the input shaft goes bad hyd oil will get in the oil.

  4. #4Komatsu owner2014-09-21 16:26

    It is a Hitichi dx45m dozer I looked today and the pump is at the front left side of engine. I will take pictures later. It look as if the return line is on the bottom of the pump and pressure line is on the top back of the pump. It also looks as if the pump is driven from water pump but am not sure. I will take some pictures and post and maybe some one can tell me how to service it.

  5. #5Komatsu owner2014-09-21 16:28

    Sorry I didn't put in the post that it is a Hitichi DX45M dozer

  6. #6Komatsu owner2014-09-21 16:55

    Pictures of Hitichi DX45M dozer hydraulic pump Here are the pictures of the Hydraulic pump on the Hitichi DX45m Dozer.

  7. #7Deeretracks2014-09-22 00:02

    I think I'd be pulling that pump and inspecting the shaft seal.

  8. #8Komatsu owner2014-09-30 18:40

    It is the seal does anyone know where I can pick up one?

  9. #9Deeretracks2014-10-01 01:37

    If it's just a gear pump any decent hydraulic shop should be able to match it up. Was the seal popped out or just worn out? Very important.

  10. #10kshansen2014-10-01 05:19

    Very true if there is another problem with the pump letting too much pressure build up behind seal just putting in a new one will not fix the problem.

  11. #11Komatsu owner2014-10-01 10:11

    It looked to be worn out (just the inner part of the seal was messed up). I have it at a hydraulic repair place but they have not touched it in over a week. Does anyone know the replacement number of the pump?

  12. #12Komatsu owner2014-10-26 17:40

    I had that seal replaced but it did not stop oil from getting in the oil. I need a manual for the DX45M Hitichi dozer. If someone owns one of these dozers and know what else could be wrong I would like to hear from you. If someone knows where I can get a manual I would like to know.

  13. #13Komatsu owner2014-10-26 17:42

    I am going to try to trace the Hydraulic lines to see if there may be another pump on the dozer.