Gooday. I have a John Deere 690a excavator. I need info on hydraulic hose size, The machine is hundreds of ks from the nearest town, the hose on the extreme left when sitting in the cab has blown, the one over the boom, its about 1.4m long. Can someone tell me the thread size of the thread and hose so I can get something to fit. Regards, Warren.
Why not take it off and bring it to the hose place? That's what we do for all our machines.
Gooday. I have a 24 hour drive to take the hose off and replace it. When the hose blew it was starting to rain and the operator had to get out immediately or he could be stuck there for weeks, so he had no time to take it off, also he had only sockets with him. If I can find out the size it will save me a long drive. Regards, Warren.
If you have a Deere dealer nearby they should be able to supply the proper hose if you can describe exactly where it is and what it goes to.
Gooday. Contacted John Deere, they told me they don't keep any details of hose sizes, told me to contact a particular firm and they couldn't tell me either.
Useless mob, you'd think that they have the sizes in the parts book
You're telling me. From your description it sounds like it's one of the main lines that bend beside the right window and feed the stick/bucket cylinders? There should be 4 and all are identical (6 if you have aux hydraulics for thumb or hammer etc). I find it very odd they can't tell you what size it is, I know cat has a tag on all their lines that you can give them the number off of and it will be ready by the time you get there with the old one. If it's one of those it should be a 4 bolt split flange fitting with an oring (or at least that's what would be on a Cat) If you can find a picture and tell me exactly which one it is along with the serial number of the machine I may be able to help.
Try this http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt You will have to figure out which hose you need this take you to the section