I need to replace one of the hydraulic hoses that goes from the pump to the rest of the machine on my 225D. It leaks bad under pressure at the hose end. My question is that since this hose comes from the pump will oil flow from the tank when hose is removed or will pump hold the oil back. Don't want to drain tank if it does not need to be done! This is a pressure line not a suction line. Thanks!
Be sure and release the pressure on your hyd tank first. It might leak a little, but it should be free flowing when hose is disconnected. I have all sorts of caps/plugs myself, including hockey pucks for code 61 fittings. In the case it's a weird fitting that I don't have a cap or plug for, I've collected those tapered plastic plugs over the years to block an open port and stop oil flow. At my local Home Depot, in the hardware section, they have tapered rubber plugs, they come in handy as well to block a hole.
Got it replaced! Took hose off pump and oil stopped. Lost about 3 gallon. Mostly oil that was in hose and valve body.