Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Hose…

Plongson · 2018-03-01 17:23

I need to work on a cylinder and I want to get a couple of caps and plugs for the hoses and cylinder fittings when I remove them... I must be brain-dead...but what frigg'n size do I need to buy for a fitting that takes an 11/16" wrench? These are on the back of my JD 210LE. Just stock JD stuff...I'm thinking #4 AN (or is it JIC??)...would it be 1/4" hose? THANKS!

Replies5
  1. #1Junkyard2018-03-01 18:08

    Most Deere stuff I run across is flat face O-ring. Lots of #6. Whether it's JIC or FFO that size wrench should be #6.... 11/16 seems slightly undersize though.

  2. #2Plongson2018-03-01 19:06

    Thanks Junkyard...this is on a box scraper cylinder. 11/16" open end fit great and 3/4" was way too sloppy. These have no O-rings and are the 37° style. We don't have a hydraulic shop in town and all Granger and McMaster-Carr show is $$$ stainless. I might just get a can and let it leak and hold the hoses up high.

  3. #3Junkyard2018-03-01 19:13

    EBAY has plug/cap kits for sale worth the $. About $40-45 each set. Hardware store around? Plumbing plugs and caps will work in a pinch.

  4. #4willie592018-03-01 21:16

    JIC hose fitting using 11/16 wrench would be a -6 fitting, -4 takes a 9/16 wrench, -8 takes a 7/8 wrench. There are heavy duty JIC hose fittings out there made by Gates and others, on the heady duty fittings a -6 would require a 3/4 wrench. And typical size hose for -6 would be 3/8 hose

  5. #5Plongson2018-03-01 21:41

    Willie and Junk...THANKS for the info. I like the idea of a kit but now I have a better idea of the fitting size!! Thanks again... Paul