Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic hose connection jcb

coals · 2019-05-10 21:05

Hi, Does anyone know the industrial name of JCB fittings with o-rings? like Jis, Unf, what else? I have a loss on a fitting of a 3cx (1990) and I wanted to change it. Can you help me?

Replies12
  1. #1willie592019-05-10 21:24

    Got a pic of one of the male and female fittings? Can't say for certain on that 3CX, but every Bamford I've worked on has British Pipe Parallel.

  2. #2coals2019-05-10 21:30

    Ok may be BSPP (It is parallel). But about o-ring if damaged can I change it? I am not sure but may be somebody has changed connection with not right kind (without oring) Thanks for now

  3. #3coals2019-05-11 10:45

    O-ring is missing. I don't see it. Is it possibile buy only oring? thanks

  4. #4Billrog2019-05-11 11:03

    Yes

  5. #5coals2019-05-11 11:06

    Ok nice. Where? Jcb seller? On line? Thank you

  6. #6GregsHD2019-05-11 11:35

    No o-ring on that fitting, chamfer and cone. most likely BSP-P being its an UK built machine.

  7. #7coals2019-05-11 11:42

    Yes Jcb is a Uk firm. But is it possible put inside a new oring? Or that fitting is different from oring equipped fitting? This backhoe is used I don't kmow if that fitting is wrong for the machine or only oring is missed. . I hope can you understand my bad eng. thanks

  8. #8GregsHD2019-05-11 11:54

    No o-ring, check the sealing surfaces of the fitting and pipe. Look at the BSPP example in this diagram, you will see how it seals.

  9. #9funwithfuel2019-05-11 12:57

    That looks like aftermarket option plumbing with the cut bend and thread your own pipe kit. That pipe on the boom doesn't look to have ever been seated. Also the witness marks on the boom foot say the fitting has been dragging. Fitting may be cracked. Common w BSPP swivel ends.

  10. #10TVA2019-05-11 13:41

    The hose end is BSPP or DIN, the pipe - who knows?! Need more pictures! If the globe in hose end has a groove for O-ring then it is DIN DKO. Check the thread, if it’s metric than it is an DIN or even possible French GAZ. If it has the imperial TPI instead of metric pitch, then odds are it is Withworth thread of BSPP!

  11. #11coals2019-05-12 01:58

    It is imperial, doubtless! It is a genuine old Jcb hydraulic piston. My only doubt is about globe shape and if generally it has seal o not. For my opinion hose has been rebuilt with wrong fitting. I will buy a new hose if seal is not available separately. The fitting on the piston is crooked but intact. Thank you

  12. #12jcb jeff2019-05-13 02:21

    These are a gates fitting id guess these use a small o ring on the end of the inner cone. The o ring should sit in a small groove right on the end a pain to get o ring on sometimes in the small fittings 1/4 bsp. The fitting is BSP the o ring was to stop leaks apparently but if over tightened they would cut the o ring through and cause it to leak. They are recommended to be torqued up instead of dogged up as to speak. JCB will have BSP with or without the o ring fitting on the cone they will also use O R F S fittings on the Mini digger range and fittings into the valve block are often SAE.