Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Issue on Wacker Neuson 28Z3

Flumes · 2024-05-16 17:07

Just bought a used 2010 Wacker Neuson 28Z3. Hour meter said 630 hours so I figured it was a good deal for something to play with around the yard. The issue Im having is I can lift the machine with the blade but I cannot lift the machine with the bucket. Seems it has very little power. Also noticed when I push the stick out or bring it towards me, sgain…very little power. The machine travels great in lowand high speed. Where do I start troubleshooting? Im new to this mini ex world so go easy on me. Thanks in advance.

Replies7
  1. #1ozarkag2024-05-16 18:41

    Do you have access to a pressure gage? Also will need the fitting to connect to the test port(s)

  2. #2Flumes2024-05-16 19:11

    Im thinking a test gauge kit I found on Amazon might be worth it. Its a couple hundred bucks but compared to the rate they charge at the diesel mechanic shop around here, I think it will save me a bit of money. Plus, I’ll learn something I hope

  3. #3Flumes2024-05-23 19:02

    Put gauges on all four pump test ports and all pressures are very close or bang on the recommended settings. Should i put a gauge on each of the cylinders also?

  4. #492U 34062024-05-23 19:18

    Is there a fine grade switch/setting someone turned on?

  5. #5ozarkag2024-05-23 20:46

    If your gauge is reading main pump pressure you should be able stroke each function and record the pressure. If you have a low port relief it will show up.

  6. #6Flumes2024-05-23 22:04

    Not that I could find. Its an option I dont think I have.

  7. #7Flumes2024-05-23 22:06

    Nothing is showing up. Put gauges on both stick and boom cylinders and both are matching pump pressures both extended and retracted. Weird