Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic lift cylinder

JeffLikesGrease ยท 2023-09-16 04:27

Howdy people, I'm new to this group, so please bear with me. I've got a question on the main hydraulic lift cylinder on a JLG platform lift. The cylinder had hydraulic fluid pouring out of the top end, right where the rod pushes out. I took it out of the machine, had it professionally rebuilt, put it back in the lift, but now it won't extend or retract when operated. I had raised and propped the platform arm up so I could get the cylinder out, but it won't extend in order to get the top pin back in. I can hear it straining the motor when the control is worked, but it's not moving. Any ideas what to do would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Replies2
  1. #1AllDodge2023-09-16 07:36

    Don't know the equipment but my Groove had an issue after breaking a line and loosing most the oil. Took a while of moving all cylinders, wheels until the air was purged out

  2. #2Entropy12023-09-17 19:55

    FME plugs were not removed prior to reinstallation?