I have a Cat 267B and when I push my oil diverter switch I still have pressure when I try to hook up my attachments. I replaced the switch, and still nothing. Is there a valve or solenoid I need to replace? If so, a diagram and part number would be nice. Thank you in advance for any help.
Help us to help you by posting a Serial Number. Also try posting a photo of the “diverter switch” so we know which one you are referring to, because Cat doesn’t call it that.
CYC01047- It's the switch for auxiliary bleed-off for attachments. 223-5941
Ah, you mean the Work Tool Pressure Release switch. Gotcha. How many wires come into the connector plug for the switch.? I think there should be two, a black and a grey.
I am not sure. I am planing to check that out today or tomorrow. Wondering if there is valve or solenoid that could be the problem.
I think a check of the wires and make sure the signal side is working correctly is the first thing. From what I can see the circuit in which that switch is located is only a control. Wire P987 Green from the switch goes to Pin 19 of the Auxiliary ECM, the other wire 200 Black goes to ground. Press the switch and when the ECM detects that it is connected ground on Pin 19 it performs a pre-programmed action as per the software loaded in it to release pressure in the Work Tool hydraulic lines. From the manual..... Activating the switch relieves the pressure on the auxiliary hydraulic lines. This feature will be used with tools that require an auxiliary hydraulic connection. When the Auxiliary Pressure Release switch is pushed, with the machine off, the ECM will activate the auxiliary solenoids releasing pressure back to tank. For normal operation, turn the machine off, press and hold the Auxiliary Pressure Release switch, this will cause the Auxiliary Hydraulic Control ECM to power up and provide a switch to ground input to pin 19 of the ECM. The ECM will energize Auxiliary solenoid A1 and then energize Auxiliary solenoid A2, for 2 seconds each. The auxiliary pressure release switch is a momentary normally open switch. So thinking a bit more about the statement - " The ECM will energize Auxiliary solenoid A1 and then energize Auxiliary solenoid A2, for 2 seconds each." - What do you think the chances are of two solenoids failing at exactly the same time or would it be right to think that if neither of them are working then maybe it's the single control that energizes both of them that is most likely at fault.? You could check that they are getting power when the switch is pressed. See the attachment, the Aux Solenoid Valves are #4 (circled). EDIT: Sorry, forgot the attachment.