Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic oil for 580l

Maybeso · 2024-05-13 20:43

I know to use hytran for the transmisson, but what would be a descent hydraulic oil for case 580 l

Replies14
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-05-14 09:24

    ALR's post is from the thread you posted in 2020. Hy-tran Ultra is MS1210. There are aftermarket brands that meet the ms1210 spec.

  2. #2IceHole2024-05-14 17:11

    1000 THF

  3. #3Maybeso2024-05-14 18:23

    Would that be chevron brand?

  4. #4Maybeso2024-05-14 18:26

    The problem with where I live here in southeast Alaska is I only have access to napa, a chevron distributor and there's a rental outfit that sells john Deere oils, no access to hy-tran

  5. #5Tinkerer2024-05-14 22:46

    Chevron 1000 THF is good alternative to HyTran.

  6. #6Maybeso2024-05-16 20:44
  7. #7Tinkerer2024-05-16 21:22

    Just for the hydraulics.

  8. #8Maybeso2024-05-16 21:38

    Does chevron make an oil that could be used for wet brakes and the hydraulics like hytran. The reason i ask Id like to buy a 50 gallon drum and change my hydraulic oil and have some left over i could use later elsewhere in the machine. When I serviced the rear end and transmission a few years back I bought john Deere hygard and some of the additive from case

  9. #9cosmaar12024-05-17 00:04

    THF 1000 is what I use in my 555E rear end and hydraulics.

  10. #10Coaldust2024-05-17 01:02

    THF 1000 is a good product. Delta Western in JNU, SIT, YAK or KTN could hook you up. I saw some on the shelf in JNU last time I was at the terminal.

  11. #11Tinkerer2024-05-17 07:56

    It can be used in the transmission, but as ALR advised, the Case axle (anti-chatter) additive should be put in it.

  12. #12Maybeso2024-05-31 20:12

    Do you know, could it also be used for the hydraulic system? I only ask because I'm trying to buy a quality oil that will work for the rear end, transmission and hydraulics, because I'd rather buy a fifty gallon drum, it would be the cheapest means for me considering where I live

  13. #13Maybeso2024-06-01 18:14

    Ok, I've gone back and re-read all this information, I apologize, missed a spot. Where I live I can get chevron 1000 and john Deere hygard , my question would be, in your opinion, which would work the best for the transmission, rear end and hydraulics? Thank you

  14. #14cosmaar12024-06-01 23:09

    In my opinion it’s personal preference and to be honest if those were the two options I decided on, I would pick whichever is cheapest.