Stopped by the dealer to see what hydraulic oil they had available, I am changing the filters and thought I would drain the tank at the same time. They are a multi-brand dealer (ag and equipment) and offered CNH AW46 but said they would run the AW46 in the attached picture (69.00 vs 38.00 for 5gal). Only thing they said was not to run it past 3000 hours but you could run the CNH out to 5000 hours. I doubt I will put 500 hours on the machine over the next 5 years, so hours are not a concern. They did not carry link belt oils and really did not want to order any, stating it was too expensive. I have always paid for branded oils in the past (like cat hydo and kubota super UDT) but paid out the nose for the oil. Is the no name AW46 good enough?
any name brand premium aw46 hyd oil should work just get a good high quality oil I would check on 55gal drums it may be cheaper but it's harder to handle if you do drain it go a head and vacuum the bottom of tank and clean the suction filter out also check for rust on the top inside of the tank you may find some small pieces of seals,packing and O-rings in the bottom don't be alarmed as long as they are small grains of rice size.also maybe some fine brass filings just not much if you find metal filings that could be trouble