Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic oil in 955L … What kind & how much?

DPForumDog ยท 2013-09-18 21:34

How much hydraulic oil should a 955L hold? We have already put 4 gallons in it. It didn't show up in site glass and now I wonder if It needed to be running for it to show up in the site glass. Also the manual calls for 10W, but the guy I bought if from said that I should use straight 30. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1DMiller2013-09-19 05:13

    Hydraulic fluid level should be checked when the machine is off, the bucket fully down and the bucket flat to the ground, should be in the glass then. My Allis has twenty five gallons of hydraulic fluid in it and uses a 10w oil, if the previous owner suggested a heavier oil it may be due to leakage or failing packings in the cylinders he was compensating for.

  2. #2Nige2013-09-19 07:34

    From the manual the specified oil is 10W hydraulic. Oil level check is as per the procedure posted above.