Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Oil Recommendations

CFry ยท 2020-11-17 23:12

I know the question has been asked, but I have climbed through the bowels of the internet without a concise-ish answer. I have a series 1 Case 450ct. Getting ready to replace the seals in all the cylinders, and was trying to sort out what the best deal was on hydraulic oil. If Case oil works the best, I will purchase that, but if there are other 10w30 options out there, I would pursue those as well. I understand automotive oils, and modifiers/additives, but tractor requirements seem like Voodoo to me. Example. Traveler Premium reads like it has a Case compatible additive already in it, but the standards have been difficult to research. Is there a good bulk alternative that I could use, or one that meets the spec with the additive already present? Not trying to short change myself, but dont like giving my money away. Will purchase the additive separate of a good bulk oil if that is the best path. Thanks for any input. Chuck

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2020-11-23 21:03

    I did a lot of research when replacing a wheel motor and used a name brand tractor trans, hyd. and differential oil. The standard tractor oil is 10-30. My wheel motor came from this outfit who specialize in skid steers. Type of Hydraulic Oil used in Skidsteer. (loaderpartssource.com)