Pretty silly of my to ask , I guess. Such a simple question, but better safe than sorry. I have an '08 L190 and the Operators Manual states I should use API CH-4, CG-4 (actually they can't make up their mind which one) SAE 10W-30 Engine Oil. I was looking online at different oils and comparing prices and I saw a Valvoline? SAE 10W-30 diesel oil. I didn't know they made diesel oil in that weight. I just wanted to make sure they mean the regular conventional oil for gas engines and not a diesel oil for the Hydraulic oil in my skid steer. Again, I know, stupid question, but just want to make sure. Thanks for your help!
I've always been told to use the same diesel engine oil in both the engine and hydraulics on new Holland skid steers, never heard or been told to use gasoline engine oil in the hydraulics before. Basically one kind of oil is supposed to do the whole machine, no chance of screwing up and putting the wrong oil in the wrong place.
Thanks, Randy. I don't understand then why they would specify one for engine oil and another for hydros. Manual says, Engine Crankcase Oil: API CI-4 SAE 15W-40 engine oil. Hydraulic System: API SH/CH-4 SAE 10W-30 engine oil. If it really doesn't matter, I would rather just use one type of oil. But for some reason they're saying two different types of oil. Go figure.