It seems learning to troubleshoot problems on my skid steer properly is going to require me to purchase a set of pressure gauges. What are the common gauge ranges I should be looking at? Should I prefer one that reads psi or one that reads bar? Any other considerations? If it makes a difference, my machine is a Cat 246.
I bought this kit from Amazon and it's served me well. It comes with several different thread types of adapters so that you can just about test anything. My only complaint is that the gauge is unique to the hoses and the hoses are short. I already had other gauges and longer hoses. I mainly bought it for the adapters. I personally prefer psi to bar. But either way is good. You can always Google a conversion.
Oops forgot the link. https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Distor...uge&qid=1595522275&sprefix=hydraulic+g&sr=8-9
Thanks for the info and link. I think when I was reading about those I saw that the gauges use British Standard Pipe threading. So I'm guessing with an adapter it would accept a standard hose? The price seems reasonable.
I don't use the gauges in the kit much. But the adapters that came with it are what you would find on a lot of different types equipment. You might find the adapters separately and get a hose and gauge separate. Your local hose shop maybe able to make longer hoses so that you can use the gauges in that kit.
If your in the repair business, you need multiple gauges that are capable of reading 50 psi to 10000 psi.
I just need something sufficient to work on a single skid steer.