Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Problem

Dick Paulus ยท 2018-07-31 08:33

I had 4 cylinders rebuilt and put new hoses on plus new hydraulic oil and filter on a Komatsu D31E-18 dozer . I can lift the blade up and down and tilt it but it won' move side to side. I've rechecked 4 times that the hoses are correct according to the Parts diagram. Does anyone know what I should do to fix this?

Replies3
  1. #1Dave Neubert2018-07-31 19:32

    Did it work before and does the hyd. sound like it is loading the engine or going over relief when you try to angle blade. maybe you have the hoses opposite on the cyls. it should be the hose on the front of the cyl. on on side and on the other side the same hose should go on the back side

  2. #2PEVO2018-08-01 15:18

    x2 on hose...... on just 1 angle cylinder being backwards...either way you push the lever they with cancel each out =no movement but engine will load. one way to check your angle lines and see any pressure is to crack the fittings and see if they spray when control is articulated. yea its sloppy but effective

  3. #3Dick Paulus2018-08-01 16:28

    Thanks Dave I solved the problem by accident. You were right that for almost all 6 way dozers the hoses are hooked front to back on the other cylinder. In this case for some reason Komatsu did the opposite and did the control in the control valve. The instructions for bleeding the air out was to raise the bade above the level of the frame which I did but this put a bind in the blade when I did as they said to turn the blade side to side with the air bleed plug loosened 3 turns till the bubbles stopped. I tried everything I could think of with no cure of the problem. I called the Komatsu dealership to schedule a mechanic but while waiting for a call back I tried just raising the blade 4 inches off the ground instead of above the frame. . Surprise it worked. It was a little slow at first but got smoother after a few turns back and forth.