Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydraulic pump disconnect / engage mechanism

noeljohn250 ยท 2026-05-15 18:52

I have a grove rt600e. The hydraulic pump disconnect / engage mechanism keeps disconnecting while im both operating and idling. Fluid levels are fine. Doesn't matter whether im slewing,hoisting,or telescoping the boom,or using the jacks it can happen at any time.even when im idling. Any ideas on what this is, Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1funwithfuel2026-05-15 21:21

    I don't know about the Grove, but link-belt uses a dog clutch. The dogs are back cut when new vs straight. So the harder you lean in on the demand the stronger the engagement. Straight cut clutches as they wear, tend to taper towards the peaks which obviously want to cam out of engagement. Most guys figure out a place to anchor a bungee cord or ratchet strap to hold the clutch lever in position. Hope this helps, good luck.

  2. #2crane operator2026-05-16 15:43

    I have a RT 600e. I don't think there is hydraulic disconnect on those for roading, like the older RT's have. I would suspect the pump coupler possibly failing. It would be worth checking making sure you have good power for the coils upstairs, no voltage loss. And installing a pressure gauge so you can see if it's dropping out pressure when you are loosing function, vs loosing electric. You are just going to have to start narrowing it down, and testing and gauges are the way to do that.