Need to have a Uchida=Hydromatik excavator hydraulic pump rebuilt or repaired, who does this in the midwest?
I don't know about the Midwest, but try calling Ron at Fluid Power International. If he can't service it, he'll likely be able to give you some info. http://www.fpihydraulics.com/
Thanks Willie. Will give them a call. When I started the machine had a knocking noise in the engine/hydraulic pump area and only about 1/3 of the normal hydraulic power. No other signs before, so I am pretty sure it has to be the hyd. pump. I
Would a knocking suggest a damper plate failure maybe?
I have Fluid Power Service in Lancaster, NY do all of our pump work. We send customers pumps in from all over the country to get rebuilt by them. 2 day shipping from Midwest to them. What series is it? A8, A10 ? What machine is it in?
finaldrive- The machine is a, early 1990's Koehring 6620-LC-7. The hydraulic pump is a Uchida-Hydromatik model# A8V107ERBR. The machine has been working excellent with no problems at all, then we started it yesterday morning and had a knocking type noise in the engine /hydraulic pump area. The boom begain to raise on it's own and the hydraulic power slowly left, we limped it to the shop. Checked the hydraulic filters for metal did not find any except a tiny spec in the pressure side of the oil tank top. Started it today and we have no hydraulics whatsoever and still the knocking noise. Not sure what to do now, and before we remove the pump I want to make sure that it is in fact the pump and not something else. Could really use some ideas on what to do next. Thanks
Could be a drive pump coupling from flywheel has gone south. You can typically tell when they're going down when you shut down engine and hear a clucking sound as soon as engine stops turning.
Will check the drive pump coupling closer. It appears to be turning by looking inward toward the flywheel from the inspection holes at the rear of the pump housing.
Parts are available for that pump, no problem. As far as troubleshooting goes, I would plumb guages in and check pressures. The boom raising on it's own sounds like a problem in the main control valve. Either a relief or a spool sticking. Follow the oil, it will show you where the problem is.
finaldrive, i have been looking for a parts/repair outlet for timbco/ loehman final drives except for the dealer. i don't see these on your website either? any thoughts? this is not a repair i need done right now but had to purchase 3 in 2012 from the dealer (modern machinery) ....................theironoracle
I am glad to hear that parts are available for the pump. When you say "follow the oil" that my be a problem for me, due to the fact that I am unsure of the exact oil route through the system. Where are the relief valves located, are they in the pump itself or elsewhere? When the boom went up, it went all the way and is still sticking straight up in the air with the dipper rolled in. I am also thinking that a pilot pump failure could cause this boom raising thing. I have called a mechanic because this problem is way over my mechanical ability.
The problem with Lohmann final drives is the support from the factory. It is awful!! Parts are ridiculously expensive and the lead times for the parts usually run 8-10 months for delivery. We CAN repair any drive, but cannot if we (like you) cannot get the parts. Sorry, it's been like this for over 10 years. Ever since MOR Engineering was dropped as the supplier in North America. Bosch Rexroth is supposed to support this product, and they do. But with the same issues I explained above.
finaldrive, great info the dealer has a good supply of them never waited more than 2 days they can get spendy for remans though......................theironoracle
Try giving Sunsource a call. They rebuild a lot of pumps for excavators. They repaired/rebuilt the pump on my Hitachi EX400. http://www.sun-source.com/web.php/Detail/locations.html
I have got a price to rebuild it from Fluid Power Inc. & Sun Source both are appox. $5500.00- $6000.00 worst case scenario. I am unsure yet that it is the main pump. We are going to do some more checking to be sure. It may be the coupler where it connects to the flywheel that is broken, it appears to be turning on the outside of it, but I am thinking the inside shaft may be sheared off or something of that nature, just can't see it. Either way we are going to have to pull the pump. QUOTE=Scrapper;399192]Try giving Sunsource a call. They rebuild a lot of pumps for excavators. They repaired/rebuilt the pump on my Hitachi EX400. http://www.sun-source.com/web.php/Detail/locations.html [/QUOTE]