Older zoom boom 6044 (ser # B6044008490) Cable broke from the joystick to the Frame tilt valve. I replaced the cable and the machine tilted just fine to the left but barely moves to the right. You can hear it loading the engine its just not moving. I have tried adjusting the cable thinking it maybe wasn't stroking the valve enough but it didn't make a difference. Here's the relevant page out of the parts manual. not much help. So Since I can hear it loading the engine I'm thinking there's something bypassing when your stroke it to go tilt right but not left. However the book has no hydraulic schematics. Anybody have any ideas where to start?
Look for lock valves or counterbalance valves on or near the tilt cylinder(s) probably a malfunction there. Might show with the cylinders in your parts book. Might be why the cable broke, somebody leaning on the lever trying to get it to move?
Sorry for the delay, I was out of commission for the weekend. That was about all me and another guy could come up with too. I'm going to get back out to the machine this week and see if I can figure something out.
Good Luck with this! It looks pretty complex.
Follow up. Went back out to the machine and tried swapping the counter balance valves...no change. Was taking pics of part numbers and realized there was a shutoff right be the pressure test port. Somebody had closed it.
:drinkup