Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic rotary joint on Altec LR4 50

treeman7691 ยท 2014-09-21 21:29

I had a leak on my Rotary joint. [LR4 50 Altec] When I replaced it both of my upper cylinders put pressure against each other bending the upper cylinder. I am almost positive I put the hoses back correctly. What could make this happen? Currently my boom is inoperable. I can make it move but only when I move 2 controls at once. And then it is slow and seems to be only working intermittently at best. Other than having a leak, it worked fine before I took it apart. Any ideas? Hoses on backwards? Debris in lines? Air in lines? Also now when it starts up it is engaged without touching any controllers. I have to turn my pony motor off or as soon as i start it seems to put pressure against each of the cylinders to the degree that it bends the cylinder. Thanks for your time:Banghead

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2014-09-22 02:46

    Most likely hoses on wrong, sounds like you not only have two functions intermixed but, and I am not familiar with this particular unit, it sounds like there's a pressure line connected to the wrong port? Either get your hands on a good manual or bite the bullet and pay for a service call would be my suggestion.

  2. #2treeman76912014-09-22 05:47

    Thats what I thought too Thanks so much for your time and info its greatly appreciated