Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Service Wrenches

Brodiesel ยท 2017-02-12 12:30

Starting to do a lot more hydraulic work and I'm realizing I need some compact short wrenches like the Martin set. What are you mechanics using? Im just trying to be smart and not just buy buy buy, I spent alot of $$ on tools these past couple years. Maybe I dont need a whole set and I can just buy the common line sizes instead. Thoughts?

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2017-02-12 14:43

    Did you see this thread? HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2bobcat12017-02-12 15:17

    I have bought cheaper wrenches in sets and singles and cut them down to what we needed to get through. For the years when there was no budget. LOL

  3. #3Millerboy792017-03-02 22:18

    I'm not sure if you have harbor freight by you but they sell a metric and standard set for like $50 a set.

  4. #4mikebramel2017-03-02 22:24

    Proto crowsfeet work almost always

  5. #5excavator2017-03-03 12:20

    I've got the Martin type hyd. wrenches, they work great once you have the fitting broke loose. Also have Snap on 4 way wrenches along with a large array of cut down wrenches. Here's a list of JIC and ORF wrench sizes. JIC#6-11/16". #8-7/8". #10-1". #12-1 1/4". #14- 1 3/8". #16- 1 1/2". 20- 2". O ring face #6- 13/16". #8- 15/16". #10- 1 1/8". #12- 1 3/8". #14- 1 1/2". #16- 1 5/8". # 20- 1 7/8". Of course then you have BSPP, DIN, Komatsu ect. which are different again.