hi guys I got a John Deere 260. I got it with the hydrostatic motors in Parts put things back together and seems to be working fine....I put new seals in of course. the only thing I notice is that the motors seemed to squeal quite a bit if I don't have the RPM's up three quarters to full when making a turn....is that normal? also there seems to be a little bit of chatter when I first engage the 2 speed and take off.... that goes away right away though. I appreciate any advice the only thing is I don't want to keep running this thing if there seems like there's something wrong.....I just don't have enough experience running these things to know for sure. Thanks. .. Hartwa.
At low speed the charge pump can't provide enough flow to make up for the internal leakage on the hydrostatic. The high speed lowers the displacement, increasing the pressure in the motor for a faster output shaft for a given volume. Higher pressure, more leakage Run it atleast 2/3 to full throttle. Have you checked the charge pressure after you assembled?
thanks for the response. I didn't check the charge pressure I got a book that will tell me how to do it so...I should do that. I assume if the charge pressure is too low that means that internally there's too much leakage in the hydrostatic?