Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic system flush help

Tomco ยท 2025-05-24 21:50

Hi All have a question for those in the know , I have a dirty hydraulic system , bad filters and lack of maintenance for years I was wondering is it possible to do a full system flush , and would it be ok to flush with diesel I think it really needs a good flush , this is on a little Hitachi ex60 urg 6 tonne machine 95 model just curious if anyone else has done a full system flush at all look forward to any ideas or hint many thanks Tom in Australia

Replies4
  1. #1fortworth-cowboy2025-05-24 22:58

    I would not do it with Diesel, lack of lubrication can kill your pumps. Put new filters on, new hydraulic oil, run all components at ~140F/60 C several times over relief and then flush. I would do that at least 2 times, each time with new filters.

  2. #2Zewnten2025-05-24 23:30

    Only thing I might add is rent a filter cart while operating the machine.

  3. #3fortworth-cowboy2025-05-25 00:24

    These things are difficult to rent

  4. #4HarleyHappy2025-05-25 08:56

    These days with Amazon and knock off pumps, next time I need a filter cart, I will build one. This was suggested to me by a personal friend and Curtis Hydraulics owner, last month, after he let me use his filter cart, for just the cost of 2 new filters. Around here Curtis Hydraulics, is the shop to go to. He is expensive though.