Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic thumb for case extendahoe?

workshoprat92 ยท 2015-09-13 19:47

Hey has anyone seen a hydraulic thumb aftermarket kit for a case 580sk Extendahoe. the extend portion is a welded fabricated part so I would think welding to it should be fine. Cant really find any good kits or anything specific to this model machine. Just wondering if any of you out there have seen anything like what I want on a 580sk Extendahoe?

Replies7
  1. #1GaryHoff2015-09-13 20:44

    I have put a few on the 580 m series. Not sure if there is going to be a lot available for older machines. I think the brand was ami or efi. Not a lot of use for the thumb, as it adds a lot of weight.

  2. #2lantraxco2015-09-14 01:11

    I think Amulet has both, mechanical and hydraulic.

  3. #3workshoprat922015-09-14 21:36

    I looked at the amulet and while its a very nice unit I just dont see $2700 dollars plus shipping worth of implement there. Normal figuring for manufacturing is cost plus 200 percent. that means at $2700 it is costing them $900 to produce. I just dont see $900 worth of material there. i think this is the one I am going to go with. http://www.excavatorthumb.com/ht1035-hydraulic-excavator-thumb.php the price is much better and it includes shipping.

  4. #4workshoprat922015-09-14 21:45

    I looked at the amulet and while its a very nice unit I just dont see $2700 dollars plus shipping worth of implement there. Normal figuring for manufacturing is cost plus 200 percent. that means at $2700 it is costing them $900 to produce. I just dont see $900 worth of material there. i think this is the one I am going to go with. http://www.excavatorthumb.com/ht1035-hydraulic-excavator-thumb.php the price is much better and it includes shipping.

  5. #5lantraxco2015-09-15 00:59

    Which Amulet were you comparing, they make several models? I've never liked the thumbs with the independent hinge pin, but if it makes you happy, go for it. I must be doing it wrong, I've never made any where near that kind of markup on anything I've built!

  6. #6workshoprat922015-09-15 08:05

    I called and they recomended the ct20-40 model.

  7. #7workshoprat922015-09-16 22:20

    Was at case dealer today and got to talk to service guy. Figured out I can buy a used valve and stack another valve into the stack for an auxillary valve. I would then have to rig up foot pedal or lever to run the valve. Also I would need to make new longer through bolts for the stack but it can be done. Now the question is can I find a good deal on used valve?