Hydraulics only work when reving the engine is this a sign the pump is going out?
low fluid???
All hydraulics slow? What kind of machine? A general indicator of internal hydraulic leakage is heat. If you haul on a function hard for 15 seconds a couple times and the pump housing gets significantly warmer than everything else or it gets smoking hot, it may be bypassing internally. If the pump has an external case drain line you could perform a case drain leakage test if the manufacturer provides a spec and test procedure for case drain volume. Another thing I have seen cause slow function speed and low power is a relief valve getting jammed partially open by debris.
Gear or piston pump? Type of machine? Service history? All functions, a particular function? Help us help you.
It's a fiat hitachi loader fr160 2 it works on idle when it's cold but not when the machine is hot it still has plenty of hydraulic power it will lift the whole loader if I jam it under a tree stump just have the engine reved up a little I have no idea what type of pump it has a zf-6wg200 transmission if that helps
everything I look at shows it to be a gear pump. Stone simple. I would look at maybe changing your return filter. It won't help your idle situation, but it'll reduce stress on that poor pump. If she'll raise the back end off the ground, you aren't doin too bad. What is your cycle time? Full throttle , bucket on the ground, pull the raise lever, time til it reaches the end of rod travel. should be somewhere in the 5-7 second range.
It's pretty quick when it's reved up it doesn't struggle lifting anything full 4 yard bucket goes up quick
I would check your suction line for dryrot, it will allow air intrusion. Other than that it sounds like you're in ok shape. Load sensing piston pumps will work at idle , gear pumps need the increased displacement from higher RPMs to do work. Maintenance never hurts. I'd check that feed/suction hose, change the filter and oil so you know where you're at. It should be done every 2000 hours anyway.