Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HYDRAULICS QUESTION in NH

rzacc ยท 2013-01-26 00:01

GREETINGS ALL. I have a 'new' old L325 NH Steer. It suddenly quit lifting it's arms. I just got this unit, and the fluid which was very low. I filled it, and the lift arms Quit working, but the dump works fine. Once in a while the lift will work, but intermittantly. When I activiate it, it does draw the engine rpm's down, telling me that the pump and control valve are working.....but that's about all. Anybody have any ideas as to whether or not an air bubble in the system would casue this? If so, how do I bleed it? Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance. Ron Z

Replies3
  1. #1NCPIPELINE2013-02-05 11:45

    Sounds to me like a sticky valve

  2. #2rzacc2013-02-06 20:58

    Thank you, sir, for the reply. I found out, much to my embarassment, that these units have a safety that prohibits the movement of the lift unless there is weight on the seat. And, if the connections or switch is bad, it will not life. Duhhhh/ Thanks! Ron

  3. #3NCPIPELINE2013-02-07 06:31

    lol, good ol presence switch