Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulics shudder

bleep ยท 2024-07-18 15:04

Hi. I m having trouble with the hydraulics on the Yanmar Vio55 2012 Supposedly it was serviced before buying it a year ago and it had little use. It was sitting for 2 month with some small hydraulic leaks by the tilt bucket and somewhere around the pump area. On startup the hydraulics is shuddering when moving the tilt bucket, the dipper and the left track (track had trouble before, as it needed to be tightened every now and then). I topped up the hydraulic fluid as it was low, but the issue persisted. I was told to run it to push air out but that didnt happen. If anyone could help pleas

Replies6
  1. #1Bullitt2024-07-18 21:02

    sounds like pilot issue

  2. #2bleep2024-07-19 18:20

    If I am the pilot its certainly true, but what does it mean in the technical world, sorry?

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-07-20 00:08

    Pilot operated hydraulics. Someone could explain it much better than I could.

  4. #4bleep2024-07-20 03:07

    Okay thank

  5. #5John Shipp2024-07-20 03:40

    Bleep, I think the suggestion means to check your pilot oil pressure, if for some reason it is low this could cause the stuttering symptoms you have on the main valves.

  6. #6Cliffy2024-07-20 17:56

    The oil leak around the pump area is where i would be looking. If it is on the suction side of the pump, the pump may be drawing air instead of oil and cavitating even though it below the oil level. If the oil in the tank becomes white and foaming after a bit of use, this is a good indicator of cavitation.