Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydro seeder

Reuben ยท 2010-05-18 15:10

Not sure if I posted in the right place....We are buying a hydroseeder and decided on the Finn T75. IS that our best bet for brand? Does anyone esle recommend? pros? cons? etc?

Replies8
  1. #1580bruce2010-05-18 15:24

    I hydroseeded for about 9 years.Bowie is ok,but I think Finn is the best.Great product support,great machine.I ran a 330.

  2. #2Orchard Ex2010-05-18 20:12

    I have a T-30 that I bought last year. I looked at lots of brands and Finn seems to be universally respected throughout the industry. They also hold their value well. Mine has been relatively trouble free and I like the hydraulic controls for the agitation as well as the power hose reel. Not sure who your dealer is up there but mine is Wolbert & Master. They have been great to deal with. I think that they have an office in Scranton. The 75 is a interesting size in that the trailer version is just below the CDL class A weight limit.

  3. #3rino14942010-05-19 05:37

    Does your salesman kinda look like santa claus ??

  4. #4stuvecorp2010-05-19 09:09

    I have a 550 gallon Turfmaker and it has been great, the bonus thing is I could have bought two Turfmakers for the price of one Finn.

  5. #5Orchard Ex2010-05-19 12:25

    Nope. I wouldn't say he's a marathon runner, but he's no where near Santa Claus size. His name is George, he's been great to deal with. He's in the Edgewood MD office.

  6. #6Reuben2010-05-23 11:22

    We ended up buying a FINN T90...I did a lot of research and plain and simple they appear to be the best with the best support... Filled the tank up just to see how well it would spray and the canon probably sprays close to 150'. It has a four cylinder Kabota diesel enigine on it and that was a huge selling point for us.

  7. #7stuvecorp2010-05-23 12:34

    You were probably better to go with a bigger hydroseeder, I would love to have a bigger hydroseeder. Hydroseeding is decent money but can be very frustrating, that's what keeps guys away from it.

  8. #8Hydro1012010-06-14 22:30

    shoulda got a bowie.. had a finn t120, you couldn't give me a finn for free instead of my bowie...