Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydrolic excavator problems

Peterjohn ยท 2024-01-04 07:21

I left my excavator on a hillside overnight. Tried to start next morning and it started. Then it made a noise then shut off immediately. Checked everything and found my hydraulic fluid was empty. Looked all around excavator couldn't find any leak evidence. Nothing! 30 gallons later very expensive by the way. I restarted my excavator and it started fine. Then stopped abruptly. Kinda like my pressure washer back home when hydraulic pressure in the line is to high and I can't start it until I release the pressure by pulling the sprayer trigger. It's a johndeere 190dw. 2-questions 1-where did my hydraulic fluid go? 2- how do I relieve the pressure?

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-01-04 08:34

    Welcome to HEF Peter . 30 gallons is a lot of oil to go missing ! A leak into the swing gear cavity would be my best guess to account for some of it. . Does having the pilots enabled or not have any effect on the noise / pressure issue ?

  2. #2funwithfuel2024-01-04 14:49

    Is there adequate fuel?