when i push out the dipper stick and pull in the stick all the way it stalls the engine. i tryed everything i can think ive changed the filters, cut them apart also no cutting. two new presure switches on valves. when using dipper switch there is a hissing noise. also if someone knows where to get a shop manual. gavin
Did this just start or is there something that led up to the problem? How many hours on pump?
No it just happened. 7500 hrs on pump pressure Test done on pump in the right ranges. I replaced 3 hoses last fall
Gavin, I wonder if the wire came off of the PRV or the coil is burned out. Sounds like it's not working. Later Bob
Thanks for the suggestions ill check it out Tomorrow and get back to you
Checked the coil don't see to be that
Gavin, have you measure resistance of PRV? should be aroung 13 Ohm. If below 11, change it.
Have you checked The flow and pressure settings And ajusted them back To The factory setting It could be a kinked pipe if Your lucky But My experience of these age And model cats is that you have either a stucking valve or you need a new pump or a pump rebuild
Sounds like when you are double functioning the machine the pump is killing the engine. The pump should have HP settings on it to stop this from happening. I'm not sure on this model cat, but the Uchita Rexroth pump may be tied into the ECM on the engine. I have fought other Cat machines similar to this and found out I had to get CAT Tech out with a computer to recalibrate the pump to the ECM. However this was when a new pump was installed. I have also seen a 330 do this when it had a stuck spool in the control. Once we got a new spool in it the old girl worked great.
Gavin, try turning the switch to "auto" this will bypass the ECM to see if it computer related.. Pull the plug to the PRV and test to see if it is sending any volts... Check for continuity for the ground side... Here is a link that you can try some of these tests I just went threw all of this to get mine fixed.. HeavyEquipmentForums Paul