just wondering is it safe to ru n hydrulic tols of a bobcats hydro system like ahand held braker our a jack our a saw
What model Bobcat are you working with? Is someone going to remain in the seat?
a 773G and someone will be in the seat
Well, I've not heard of someone working hyd hand tools with one, I suppose it could be done though, a 773G is going to have more than enough flow to handle any hand tool, probably with engine at idle. I would have operator set red parking brake switch just for added safety.
what about the hose couplings on the skid steer
Well, you would have to rig your tools with flat face couplings. Like I said, I've never heard of anyone doing this.
A local contractor used to run a hyd concrete saw from his Bobcat. He had about 20' of hoses on the saw. Just plugged them in and went to work. I don't see any issues with it. Bobcat's have so many safeties built in to them that it wouldn't move. Health and safety guys might not agree.
Without knowing any particular OSHA rules that would prohibit this, I tend to agree, but that's the main reason I would prefer an operator stay in the cab to be in control of the running machine, emergency shutdown, and so on. One I would be uneasy doing this with would be the 743, their parking brake wasn't the greatest. A 773 G Series, not so much a problem.
As long as the start/stop controls are operated by the guy holding the tool, I don't see any problem.
I have a Stanley BR87 hand held breaker that I run with a 763C. I talked to Technical Support at Stanley before I purchased a used unit. They told me the breaker would handle the pressure, however it requires 7-9 gal/min to operate. He told me if the flow exceeded 9 gal/min it would not hurt the breaker, but it would not operate properly. I hook up the breaker, start the loader, set the parking break and activate the auxiliary hydraulics. I begin with the loader at just above idle and increase engine speed and operate the breaker. I increase engine speed until the breaker is hitting hard and even. Note some of these hand held tools must have the hydraulic flow in the correct direction. Make sure you test the lock on hydraulic flow direction before you connect the hydraulics. You can damage an attachment if the flow is backwards.