Hi could you please give your opinions about this backhoes' exterior styling. thanks in advance!
looks nice from the outside, never heard of them though. More specs?
That is a funny looking "backhoe"
real funny, it is clean. What is wrong with it? My name is not on the side of it.
Just looks like any old Samsung or Daewoo to me
:waving ohhh looks that way to me too. i also see very few excavators with tail lights on the engine body.
After searching the web I found that Hidromek is a Turkish manufacturer and their website doesn't work.
I was going to say the lights would not last long, but then looked at the photo's again and they are pretty high up on the counter weight. I am with dawn, give me one to try for a while.
I'm with Squizzy, it looks like any other Japenese track hoe.
My Kobelco has them on. Personally, I don't like it. You can flip a switch in the cab and when ever you swing to the left or right, it will flash the turn signals for the way you are swinging.
In all honesty, I'm not sure there's much a designer could do to alter the exterior style of an excavator. It certainly looks every bit as nice as just about any excavator out there. I think most of us would find them appealing anyway, because of what we do, just as I'm sure some people (not in this industry) would find all excavators ugly. I'm curious, Mr HMK, are you connected with this manufacturer? ("HMK"... H ydro M e K ...It seems you may have chosen that as a user name for a reason.) If so, please, continue to feel free to ask our opinions. As I'm sure you can tell, you'll get very honest answers. If I may ask a question--do manufacturers put a lot of effort into how equipment looks? (I guess I know the answer to that to some extent--look at the curved surfaces on later model tractor/loader/backhoes as compared to the boxier styles of 20 years ago.) So, another question--is there a perception that "style" is an important part of a customer's decision making process? If so, how important?
Nice lookin' hoe. I'd like to run it and see how the hydraulics are compared to a kobelco. :thumbsup
Hi digger242j; Firstly I like to thank you for your cordial comments. Q;I'm curious, Mr HMK, are you connected with this manufacturer? ("HMK"... H ydro M e K ...It seems you may have chosen that as a user name for a reason.) If so, please, continue to feel free to ask our opinions. As I'm sure you can tell, you'll get very honest answers. A; Yes I'am connected with Hidromek. But all comments are my personal opinions. Q;If I may ask a question--do manufacturers put a lot of effort into how equipment looks? A; Well.. this depends on manufacturer but most of them are putting huge effort to built more customer oriented products. Not only technical points but also styling. Q;(Nice question!)So, another question--is there a perception that "style" is an important part of a customer's decision making process? If so, how important?[/QUOTE] A; There is one fact that; Almost all manufacturers have nearly similar level of manufacturing technology but there are different customer values and tastes. There are 2 answers for this question; First is differenciation and sencond is customer tastes. Customers like to buy what they "need and like". For covering the demands of customers we differenciate. In order to be different we use; different components, different engineering techniques, different colors, and different interior/exterior design. (there are also other points such as financing, pricing, aftersales strategies etc.) Styling is not the unique element, but it become more important since last 10-15 years. Anyway; by this way our products and brands loose their similarty in competition, and cover the tastes of our target markets (spesific market segments). We have to be different, to be strong in our own or target markets. Last rule: Customer is the king :yup A question for you. Why dont you buy ugly dolls for babies? Does it makes sense to 1 year old baby?
The counterweight styling looks attractive in my opinion but I really think styling would come in last for most purchasers... a good pedigree comes first which is why Caterpillar can sell machines even if they are poor performers. Can you provide some specs or a link to a suitable site for engine type, pump type, hydraulic system type etc. BTW... I recall seeing the Hydromek loader backhoes at the last Conexpo - looked awfully like a JCB to me.
I've got to be honest with you, I think effort placed in focusing on "styling" on machinery is wasted energy. I purchase tools and equipment solely on their ability to do the job. Price doesn't even play a big role with me, I'll pay quite a bit more for a machine that will do the same work better and faster, and be more reliable. I guess if all things were equal (though they rarely are) I'd pick a better looking machine over an ugly one, but again, the ability to do the work the machine was purchased for is most important to me.
i would like to see a camera system on the machine on the rear and maby the side to see in the blind spots also lots of well protected lights so u can work in the dark if needed and a built in aromor system to cover the glass roll down would be sweet and any other points of enterance like the fuel cap and the stack if u want to stand out on the job site come up with a color that is yours not just yellow
that machine looks like my hyundai
I would like a one piece front window, when im working with the window closed it seems that the 1 1/2" of the window frame along the lower edge (right above the travle pedals) is always in my way. Actually, do any manufacturers already have this?
A cup holder. curlate the ac or heating vent around a cup holder to help keep yout draink hot or cool. .Personal 2 way radio to talk to ground crew with headphone jack and PTT switch on joy stick. Clean space down both sides of the stick for laser magnitic receiver. Central lube W/autolube option. 6 way backfill blade heated/cooled seat. Tool storage. Coat and hat rack that does not block view space for working plans, gloves, lunch, along side of seat. someware to set your candybar, sandwitch, crackers, when loading truck. Lower window storage when removed Enough from me.
Dawn you don't want much :bouncegri
That would be very nice:yup
backhoes i have seen pictures of backhoes made by this company they look just like a jcb this looks like an early 4cx (uk spec)
i would love to see a little big larger tool storage, and have it WELL SEALED, tired of opening up the box and finding soggy smashed tubes of grease. Ive always had plenty of room for plans behind the seat, but a heated/cooled box to throw your lunch in would be great. I would like to see the lower window gone and have just a one piece front. Another thing that pisses me off is when machines dont have drip rails above all the windows, then you get dirty streaks running down your window, or if you swing around with the front window or door open and you fill the cab with water.
Cat has this :yup
Suposedly the box on our hyundia is cooled, but i have never had it work to well.
Our Cat has 2 rubber plugs in the box. Take out 1 or both plugs to depending on how hot/cool you want it.
This is 2003 model HMK102S. Hidromek is the first manufacturer of 4 wheel steering backhoe loader in the world! (it was HMK100S made in 1991)
This is the new prototype -backhoe loader- which will be launced at 2007.
i second all of the above and would add 3 items just because im lazy; auto lube mandatory!:sleeping fold down catwalks on both sides (i'm old and don't have any balance left:Banghead ) small door type(simular to dozers) entry for checking fluid levels (it might actually get one on a regular basis) the camera idea is a damn good one. (replace balance with eye-sight in above)
Well your wishes could be answered for that 6 way blade if you went to Kobelco and bought a bladerunner. its quite the machine. we have one working in town and it seems to be pretty good. I dont like only because if your going up or down piles its going to get in the way.. or your working in un-even ground wroking with stumps etc. I could just be a hassle to work around and be something extra to break or go wrong. if you could find a market where your only doing a certain type of work ie: making feilds in parks or schools... services in roads.. or where ever grading is going to be your main type of work. http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/FILES/tbl_s22ProductText/PDFFile90/470/ED190.pdf Looking at the one here.. it seem that its an extra thing to hit and that the operator has swung around forgot about it and hit the blade a few times.. it does have its strong points tho. Hell that kobelco has even got wood grain in side the cab!!!!!!
I don't buy any dolls for the babies. I buy them toy excavators! :wink2 (But your point is well taken--I don't buy them ugly toy excavators...) I guess that answers the question of whether style has any meaning in the excavator market. Obviously it plays a part. I'd be interested to know whether anyone would not buy a clearly more capable machine, based solely on the fact that it was ugly? (Or would they even admit that that was the reason? ) I would have thought that, as Steve said, the ability to do the work is the determining factor. I suppose it's a case of beauty being skin deep--appealling styling can be the deciding factor between two equally capable machines, but no amount of styling will sell a machine that's just not good at doing the job.
Company round here has a number of 308 sized Hitachi's and Kobelco's..painted purple with pink highlights now whatever turns your crank handle right...each to his own but a Guy has gotta draw the line somewhere..Purple and pink excavators....:nono :ban
Maybe you can get a lower insurance premium, since you'd be almost guarenteed that no one's going to steal it... :beatsme
It may be that flashy colours often help increase work ( maybe not productivity :bouncegri ). If everyone notices you and you stand out then chances are they will be calling you first. atleast thats what big company that use flashly colours say....
Now, there's another point for Mr HMK to consider. Take a look at the pictures of the high reach demo machines that Geerte Yke posted. Beelen apparently paints all their machines in a green and white color scheme. They look pretty sharp that way, and I'm sure they're recognized as "Beelen's machines", before they're recognized as any particular brand. Can an excavator (or any machine) be desigened to stand out from the crowd, if the entire crowd is painted the same colors?
I personaly would be painting my machines Black and having blue and silver flames put on them. if I owned equipment. It may not be a flashy colour.. but it sure would get noticed. If I eventualy owned machines and trucks they would be matching forsure. Everything would be black with blue and silver flames. Yes that may be a bit much for some people and a waste of money to others.. I must have a disease or something because I must have things co-ordinated and matching. The other thing to some people is that black is such a hard colour to keep clean. why black...? I really dont know why black. but I would be prepared to pay some kids in middle school to wash and detail the machines and trucks on the weekend. 40 bucks a truck... 50 bucks a machine. its amazing how many kids are willing to do that around here. most of the smaller companies here hire kids to do that. I like things to be meticulous aswell so theres another reason. but you also have to find Drivers and operators that are confident enough to look after the machine/trucks other wise the paint job would be worth less if its all scratched up. Oh yeah while Im on the topic of custom paintjobs... the windows would all be tinted to go with the black paint :bouncegri If I ever get the chance to do this one day.. beasured pictures will be posted!!!!!
I am looking to purchase a new backhoe and the hidromek has been brought up by one of our drivers. Does anybody seen any reviews on the product as yet. 102S or 102B i've been looking at on the web. We currently have the JCB 3CX onsite and we've nothing but trouble for 3 yrs. mainly issues with the feet and metal in the hydraulic fluids.
To me, to be honest, it looks like a case