Just picked up one of these at an auction.... After messing around with it for a while I'm thinking I should have passed. But anyway anybody have any experience with these old compactors? This one has a Detroit in it I can't determine the year but I think it's mid 70s. It has a 44/11 R 20 single rear tire can't seem to find a replacement anywhere. Appreciate any information anybody has on one of these.
There is a local contractor that runs one here I see from time to time that’s about all I know about them. As far as the tire goes you might want to look at the tires they use on fertilizer spreader tucks. Mitch runs spreader trucks he might be able to steer you in the right direction.
just look again at the tire it is 44/41.00R20 thanks
Those machines were famous for the seals in the rotary manifold failing and causing weak drive power.