Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyster D6 N Logging winch

Peter Kennedy ยท 2011-12-11 04:28

Can anyone tell me how much oil the gearbox takes in this winch ?? I am going to replace the old oil with 85W/140 gear oil Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1RDG2011-12-11 05:53

    I would think there would be a level plug some where or may be a dipstick on a filler plug. RDG.

  2. #2Peter Kennedy2011-12-11 06:04

    Thanks RDG Any idea of how much oil I will need ??

  3. #3RDG2011-12-11 06:42

    I have a cat hand book here but its for 1976 but its got no oil quantities for winches , best bet would be to try the local cat dealer, they would have an idea. RDG.

  4. #4caterpillarmech2011-12-11 08:03

    When you call in give them the s/n # of the tractor and the winch. I think the winch is a stand alone attachement and will not be in the same book as the tractor.

  5. #5Peter Kennedy2011-12-11 15:15

    Spot on there caterpillarmech The winch is made by Hyster not Cat I think that 10 ltrs will be about right to start with. The dozer is way out in the bush and a long way back to town if we dont take enough oil with us to do the oilchange How are things with you over there ??

  6. #6caterpillarmech2011-12-11 16:04

    That should be plenty. I think the only hold a couple of gallons. 10 liters is 2.25 gallons. It is just enough to sling around inside the case. Good luck and be safe out there.

  7. #7Old Magnet2011-12-11 18:32

    Manual says approx. 3-1/2 gallons of SAE90.

  8. #8Peter Kennedy2011-12-12 14:37

    Thanks everyone I got 14 liters yesterday so its off to the bush today .