Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyster H40XL MAST ISSUE

GREATDANE89 ยท 2024-01-17 09:08

Hello, I a have a Hyster H40XL that has 3 stage boom on it. The lift will go all the way up with no issue, however on the down it will stop at the last stage and go no further, basically the forks are 5 feet off the ground. I chained the boom up as to not fall when I removed the hose which some oil came out, I even removed the fitting that threads into the cylinder, removed the chains, tried to lower it & the lift did not move. Ive checked all the rollers, rails, chains & kind find nothing binding, I cannot find a manual for this unit any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Replies9
  1. #11693TA2024-01-17 09:17

    Is it a "Vista" mast?

  2. #2GREATDANE892024-01-17 09:28

    No it does not.

  3. #31693TA2024-01-17 09:41

    What is the mast number? They will be stamped on the right side just above the tilt cylinder mount. Probably build by Cascade as many were for Hyster.

  4. #4GREATDANE892024-01-17 10:55

    This is what is stamped into the side its kind of hard to make out. G50864481 R4610 1357298. Thank you

  5. #51693TA2024-01-17 11:02

    I'll see if I can get a break down so I can see what you have.

  6. #6GREATDANE892024-01-17 11:16

    Thank you

  7. #7RS92972024-01-17 19:34

    Out of curiosity, did you check the freelift cylinder to see if its dented? I have come across that before and found the cylinder with a dent and wouldn't let the rod down

  8. #8GREATDANE892024-01-18 10:26

    Yes. it is smooth no dents. It stuck at the top of the stroke fully. Thank you

  9. #9RS92972024-01-18 18:02

    Do you have something high enough that you could pick up with a little weight and see if weight will bring it down? Just something I would try .