Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyster transmission oil

chrissyj · 2016-04-11 13:28

Hi all I have a 12 ton hyster forklift and I am looking for transmission oil specs if any one can help please, it has Perkins engine and is dry brake model if that helps. Many thanks Chris

Replies11
  1. #1alskdjfhg2016-04-11 14:33

    Does it look like this? Mine is an oldie, yours may be newer. It also has a perkins. I topped off the gearbox with plain old gear oil, but I'm no expert.

  2. #2chrissyj2016-04-11 15:17

    Hi alskdjfhg, Thanks for the reply I think it may be a little newer than your forklift and have been told it has to have a hyster trans oil but I can not find a spec for it ie 10w or ATF and was hoping one of the techs could answer my question Many thanks Chris.

  3. #3gtermini2016-04-11 16:15

    In the smaller ones with the single speed powershifts, they spec an oil that crosses with JD20C Hygard or equiv reg viscosity. Greyson

  4. #4chrissyj2016-04-28 13:15

    Thanks for the replies we ended up getting oil from dealer and it came as a 10w30 trans/hydraulic oil hope this mite be of help to others Many thanks Chris

  5. #5Reed2016-05-06 05:32

    Please give me lift specs Model Sn# I will be able to give any spec you need Thx Reed

  6. #6Reed2016-05-06 05:35

    Without sn# Best guess is hydraulic fluid I use (tractor premium)

  7. #7Jsmitty19792016-05-11 11:30

    Would you be able to help me with some fluid types and capacities for a Hyster H50FT? Serial L177V01627F. My local dealer is useless. I work for a Komatsu dealer but we perform lube services for all makes and I am constantly having trouble finding applicable fluid types and capacities for equipment.

  8. #8Reed2016-05-11 12:24

    It uses hydraulic fluid I use tractor premium or 46 either one. Should have dip stick did you drain? If so I will look up capacities • transmission oil (wet brakes, H40-70FT) = John Deere JDM J20C Is what the manual states

  9. #9chrissyj2016-09-12 17:45

    Hello Reed thanks for your reply we got oil sorted and have flushed the trans out but still having issues I am not sure if it's tram fault or electrical I still get loss of drive and error 33 on dash stop and leave it restart and all ok would you have any thoughts. Cheers Chris

  10. #10Reed2016-09-12 18:00

    My best guess is engine speed sensor. Clean or replace

  11. #11chrissyj2016-09-12 18:22

    Thanks for that I have had the sensor out and cleaned it up but still get the same fault will just have to keep on at it and see if we can get it sorted thanks again Chris