I'm running into problems with a filter, the only numbers (07281061) on it don't seem to mean anything to all the people I've asked. I slogged through all the pages of the manual and the OE part numbers keep translating into parts for a W5A not a W6F at my local dealer. Are these interchangeable parts? Of course, I wanted the parts like pronto, didn't think it would be this difficult, that's my luck. I don't want OE filters, they cost too much, especially for a piece of equipment that spends its time thrashing through the woods. I know, I know, some people only use OE, well I'm too cheap I guess. Can any help me out? I have S/N and some other numbers if that would be helpful. Thanks for reading this.
I found this PDF manual including parts breakdown: http://www.alliedsystems.com/pdf/Winch/Manuals/599750W.pdf What is it mounted on? There are different part number depending on the crawler and winch serial number. Lots of different filter numbers, but I couldn't find your number in the document. Andrew
Considering most people only change that filter when the winch quits working, with a Hyster that's usually from water contamination from not changing the filter and oil and all the clutch plates are shot, so buying one OEM filter is actually a non-decision, just do it once and forget it like all the other loggers.
Its on a Cat, I think it's a D4 (I'd have to check on that) but the S/N is W6FP143537 (G43?).
Maybe it was a D6?