Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hytorc Jgun dual speed

twr ยท 2018-12-09 17:45

Has anybody used one just wondering how they hold up.

Replies11
  1. #1twr2018-12-10 17:45

    Or something similar as long as its air operated

  2. #2crane operator2018-12-10 18:38

    I helped some guys build a amusement ride tower and they had a cordless lithium hytorc multiplyer. Digital readout for the torque settings on the back of the gun. The installers loved it. No cords, hoses or anything. I think it went to like 2,000 ft. lbs. I don't know if the installers really knew the cost of the tool, but they said above $10,000. Which sounded awful expensive to me.

  3. #3Theweldor2018-12-10 19:05

    They were pretty close on the price. That stuff goes for a lot of money.

  4. #4funwithfuel2018-12-10 19:59

    I got a norbar pneutorque. Its consistent. If I'd gotten the larger tube, she'd have been a beast. Shes fine for inframes . Pulls up to 370 consistently with no effort on my part other than to move the socket.

  5. #5Nige2018-12-11 04:12

    We use Hytorcs for a lot of stuff, we just don't use that model. Nobody could ever call them cheap but IMHO they are good and stand up well to the type of treatment they get working in a rough tough dirty environment. That has to be worth something.

  6. #6twr2018-12-11 08:21

    I've found some used 1" and 1 1/2" just don't know if they have two lives in them.

  7. #7Nige2018-12-11 08:32

    I would personally class all power tools like Hytorcs, or even air impact wrenches as another example, as a consumable. They have a life, when the tool reaches the end of its life toss it and buy a new one. it's all part of the shop operating cost. If it's a personal tool the upside it that it's likely to get treated a lot better and last longer, but at some point it will still be beyond economic repair and have to be tossed.

  8. #8twr2018-12-11 08:42

    Yes Sir

  9. #992U 34062018-12-11 16:27

    Used a RAD gun a few times. Not as compact as a hydraulic Hytorc but I loved it for doing tracks on large excavators.

  10. #10DMiller2018-12-21 18:49

    Always preferred HyTorc.

  11. #11nowing752018-12-22 13:29

    Just used the batt HYTORC and it was great for doing track pads with the torc turn as a one step process.