Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai 160 LC-7

Gray Price · 2022-05-29 11:20

I have an Hyundai 160 LC-7 that has a very weak curl. Everything else seems to be working fine. It will hardly curl through a small stump. I have adjusted relief valve but no difference. What should I be looking at?

Replies6
  1. #1JD955SC2022-05-29 12:01

    Bypassing cylinder? Run it for a while and put your hands on it if so it will be excessively hot

  2. #2skyking12022-05-29 14:18

    Could you check that bypassing by elevating the bucket off the ground and seeing if it just settles in curl overnight? That would only work if the boom did not settle overnight too

  3. #3uffex2022-05-31 07:23

    Good day May I question as to the bucket you have and if you have a quick coupler, have you measured the pressure when the bucket stalls out? Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Gray Price2022-05-31 08:34

    I do not have quick coupler and I’m using a 4ft long stump ripper. The ripper curls in but will not hold and drops back open quickly. I have adjusted the relief valve and did not see big difference.

  5. #5uffex2022-05-31 09:01

    Good day Gray I suspect you are opening the shock - port relief valves, how does the stump ripper compare with a standard bucket measuring from the arm hinge to the tip, see attachment. To establish if it is a machine or an attachment issue. Can you explain which valve you have adjusted and what pressure you have? Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6uffex2022-05-31 09:10

    Gray I should mention your post needs to be in the excavator part of the forum that way you will get faster response.