Got a R130 LC3 Farm machine that i finally got around to fixing up. Ive had coolant issues forever, so I broke down and replaced the head gasket. That turned into oil pan gasket and a couple other seals. Also pulled the fuel tank out and cleaned that out to remove a bunch of rust and other "gunk". Replaced the last filter today and was bleeding the injectors with no issue. Ive always turned over the engine with the injectors cracked to bleed the system. Had good fuel spurts so I tightened the injectors, went back to start it. Turned the key and now i got no power to the panel no buzzer from the key no nothin! I got a good 24 volts at the batteries. Ive checked a bunch of connections but nothing really looking positive. Checked all the fuses and they all look good. Any suggestions.
So maybe a dumb question, but is this test on the wire harness that connects to the controller? Im assuming that you unplug the connector from the controller and test pin #7 on said connector. If thats the case, how is Pin #7 supposed to have power?
Good day I suggest start at the battery and work towards the start motor. Kind regards Uffex
Probed a bunch of connections and nothing was making sense. Everything had power. Pulled ignition switch, probed a bunch of connectuons on the switch, and wala, started working. Figured it was the switch. Put the cab back together, confirmed switch still worked. Figured it was a faulty switch so i ordered a new one. No go now.
Better recheck all the wiring to the switch. Recheck all fuses. All grounds okay. Check everything uffex mentioned would be a good start. Simon C
So I again probed all the connections and lines and grounds i could find. Looked at the full schematic and troubleshooting options in the manual i have. Nothing was making sense. Took a step back and retraced my steps when it started working prior. Noticed that the step hand rail on the side of the machine (that has been bent down due to operator error) was removed. I had taken it off to repair it and while i was troubleshooting connections I placed it back in place as to not run it over if i got the machine running. When i thought i fixed it, i pulled the handle back off to repair. SOOOO, I replaced the handle and apparently that is being used as a ground strap between two pieces of machine. At least thats what it seems like.
That is very well possible. They use what ever costs the least amount when manufacturing. So is it running properly now. If any more questions fire away. Simon C