Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai robex 180-3

Chewy63 ยท 2013-10-22 20:09

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this model (or any for that matter) excavator. I'm thinking of taking a road trip to look at one. It's a '98 I believe. Any known problems with this machine? Things to look for? I have never operated an excavator. It will be for farm use to start and hopefully other work when I'm ready. Ty Erin

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042013-10-22 23:17

    I have only messed with 2 Hyundais, I found that the engines and hydraulics were fine, (standard components), but the rest of the machines were built cheap.

  2. #2Chewy632013-10-23 10:20

    Would it keep you from considering one? How do they compare to hitachi, daewoo, or any other foreign brand? Would I be better off spending the same money on, say, a 312 cat even though its smaller? Tia Erin

  3. #3mitch5042013-10-23 10:54

    I might still buy one, if it was in good condition and cheap,IF I had a good dealer nearby, and if I wanted a cheap machine . Hitachi, Komatsu, Kobelco are all fine, if you have a good source of parts, and service if you need it. I've never been closer than 100 yards to a Daewoo, so, :beatsme most Cats aren't built in the US either. The main thing is condition and local support.

  4. #4finaldrive2013-10-28 14:34

    The R180LC-3 is an oddball. There were 2 pump options and 2 final drive options. The rest of the parts are pretty much the same as R210LC-3.