Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hyundai robex 180-3 or case 9020b ?

digfaster ยท 2011-08-28 09:08

im in the market for used excavator and ive found 2 that are in my price range. i know the 180 is a little bigger but that doesnt matter. i mainly do farm work or ponds but i ocasionaly do some work in town to. both of them are priced the same with around 5xxx hours. ive spent a little time on the cases but not a hyundai. any thoughts?

Replies4
  1. #1DDex2011-08-30 22:00

    I can make this decision easy for ya! I worked for a Gov agency who only bought equipment on the "low bid" system. The hoe was a robex 160-3. Complete piece of junk! At the 3000 hr range, they were spending around 10-15k a year keeping the thing digging. My family has owned Case equipment all of my life, while most operators turn their nose up at anything besides cat, the 90 series hoes and the newer cx's are great machines plus they are alot easier to get repair parts for . Experienced opinion only.

  2. #2dirthog2011-08-31 08:36

    The older hyundai were not the best but you get what you pay for the newer ones how ever have been very good we have a lot of them out and parts are not a problem. I will say this they are about one generation behind in most of there systems except for the engines which they just buy of others.

  3. #3firetruck dvr.2011-09-01 12:03

    I work for a govt. agency and curently operate a 160LC-7A hyundai. So far it has been a great machine (1000 hr. range). It has had no problems thus far. Can not say the same for the dealer. At around 300 hrs. the heat shield around the turbo came loose causing the oil cap to slightly melt. Not to the point of letting dust in or oil out but I wanted a new cap. Dealer said it was unavailable. We are talking about a mitsibushi engine here. Our cat 304 mini has the same cap so called Cat and had a new cap next day! So that makes me wonder what parts availability will be like when someting major happens.

  4. #4finaldrive2011-09-01 17:57

    I can supply you any Hyundai part direct from Hyundai in Korea. I stock the major hydraulic components for the majority of Hyundai's models (as well as Doosan, Daewoo and Volvo)