Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

i am getting antifreeze in my oil

Sidney S Sattler · 2018-01-23 11:14

I have a 4300 series International truck that that seems to be losing antifreeze into the oil. The truck is on warranty from the factory. Will the motor be damaged if I drive it 50 miles to the dealer?

Replies12
  1. #1Jonas3022018-01-23 11:45

    Yes if there is antifreeze in the oil you take a risk driving it

  2. #2Bls repair2018-01-23 12:04

    Head gasket,or cracked head,or block.what ever the problem don’t use it till checked out.

  3. #3AllDodge2018-01-23 13:42

    I would not drive It takes a very small amount of water in a piston area to break things.

  4. #4Wytruckwrench2018-01-23 13:53

    I would call the dealer and talk to them about it. Is it by chance a trash truck?

  5. #5Former Wrench2018-01-23 14:41

    Diluted can result is premature bearing wear and other problems. If it is under warranty, demand the dealer tows it, or they should offer in writing, additional assurances that future premature engine wear/failure will be the dealer's responsibility.

  6. #692U 34062018-01-23 15:46

    How bad is it leaking? That would be my deciding factor.

  7. #7PJ The Kid2018-01-23 15:56

    What power plant does it have? just our of curiosity. Also, if the oil is milky, don't drive it. Unless you want to eat an engine.

  8. #8catskinner 102018-01-23 16:45

    Don't chance it. Tow It. Tom

  9. #9Wytruckwrench2018-01-23 16:48

    I assume it’s your newest truck you run up the canyon. Talk to your dealer and see what they have to say.

  10. #10xgiovannix122018-01-23 17:23

    tow it

  11. #11kshansen2018-01-23 17:24

    If this was some old wreck of a truck I might be tempted. But if it is under warranty from dealer I would agree call them and if they say to drive it in have them put it in writing on their letterhead. Even if you have to drive down in a car to get the copy!

  12. #12DMiller2018-01-23 19:30

    I gotta second the tow it. DON'T sacrifice the warranty to be cheap.