Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I am somewhat confused

Bulldog Red · 2021-05-12 19:11

I'm trying to figure out if I have a TD-7 or TD-8.It measures,far as I can tell,54 in from centerline sprocket to sprocket which I am told means it is an 8.The serial number on the right side of the engine is 239.I can't seem to find the model number above the right final drive,was this a small stamping?The book says right rear mainframe area,but I haven't found it yet.Was the naturally aspirated D-239 used in both the 7 and 8 machines?

Replies3
  1. #1shopguy2021-05-12 20:11

    Yeah they both had 239’s ,look at the tracks 7 has 6in pitch and 37 links 8 has 6 1/4 pitch and 36 links according to my old Burco book

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-05-12 21:43

    https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/87779-td7-vs-td8-comparison/

  3. #3Bulldog Red2021-05-12 22:28

    Thanks for the info.I'm asking these questions because the machine is down on my son's property and I haven't been able to look at it personally,but I will this weekend.