Been pondering, reading about etc. battery operated grease guns. (for over a year) So today at northern tool, bought my machine an early xmas gift, the 18v Lincoln. brought it home, charged it up, loaded it up and proceeded to.... wrote it once and felt like I was on the wrong site, lube her, it, up. Works very well, Guys, and 1girl... I've been using a pump grease gun for 30 or more years and they have done fine for their intended use. But this just spoiled me, if it holds up. Sometimes you kinda need a 3rd hand if you have a hose, seems battery replaced that need. Time will tell. I'll keep ole faithfull close by as a threat You know like having a generator in case the power goes out. Then you don't need it.
A battery-operated power luber?? Whatever is the world coming to? I'll wager, that next thing, operators will be asking for suspension seats, A/C cabs, and radios!!
I have a cordless Lincoln for several years now. When you go through 4 or 5 tubes a machine your hand does get tired with an old school gun and don't try to switch hands mid stroke eather
Pumping up a grease adjuster with a pump gun after you've put a flipped track back on, now that just sucks! Power Lube makes the task way easier. It's not as fast as the bohunkin air grease pump I got in the shop, but sure as hell beats a hand pump gun out in the field. :yup
I scored a brand new, air-operated, 20kg drum luber from off a big new Komatsu excavator - because all the miners here HAVE to have central auto-lube systems on ALL their big machines. The buddy who was doing the central auto-lube conversion flipped me the factory luber, because it was going in the trash otherwise. I mounted it on a trolley and roll it around the shop, and it sure beats a hand-operated gun any day of the week!
You forgot the ride control!!!!Sure beats the old days when you'd have coffee spills all over your shirt after roading the hoe down the road at 22 MPH bouncing all around. Yes,NOTHING like having my trusty 14.4 Lincoln gun.
As I'm gathering "stuff" that needs to be greased, that battery operated grease gun has got some appeal. The tendonitis in my arm is telling me this would be a good investment. Also seems like it would make doing the lube maintenance easy (easier?) and quick. No excuses not to........
I use an air op grease gun but a 'lectric one would sure be handy for the tight spots.
I broke down a couple of yrs ago and bought a 12 volt Lincoln from TSC. it was some of the best money I have ever spent. I think I am gonna be quite pissed when the battery falls out on me.
Ozdozer nice score:drinkup
Best investment I have made in preventative maintenance. Owned a lincoln for 2 yrs now will buy another but cost of batteries sucks.
X2!!! I get all my batteries rebuilt at usually half the price of new from a rebuilder on Ebay.Better than new and will last longer.Can't remember his name right now but he's from Texas and I can always find him when I need to.He'll also give you some great advice on the proper way of caring for them.
If you ever need a repair kit for your Lincoln let me know. I have plenty in stock
Sorry it took you over a year to research, ponder, purchase an electric grease gun....that's unfortunate but in the end you got it done and can enjoy what others have for at least a decade. Well done, enjoy the gun....Go lube her up !
Been pondering for years. Still can't justify it. I am a battery hater. I also have electric rc's. batteries are expensive and don't seem to last for me. In the end, I'm still paid by the hour. May do and air operated one as the company provides that power.
I know what you mean on the battery thing. Today's lithium batteries are very good. They last long , charge quickly and are generally nothing like the POS batteries of the past. These ele tric grease guns are very nice to own. I have the Lincoln unit and can grease a dozen pieces of equipment in about half the time it took in the past with a manually operated unit. For me time is money and a saving of 50 percent time is huge. Very happy to own one of these, sure make daily greasing in the feild much quicker for me and my crew....
Curious---how long did it take you to ''ponder'' in finding a wife? Something about 3 hands but I don't want Steve getting mad at me.
If any of you guys are running the Milwaukee tools that are getting real popular (especially the 3/8 and 1/2 fuel impacts) then they also make a grease gun that takes their batteries. I don't know how well it works, but worth looking into if you are already invested in that battery platform.
No electric here, but I sure like the air powered ones. Much cheaper (and more reliable/robust?) than electric. Of course there's the hose. I'm not a pro and don't have cordless impacts or grinders either. Sharing the battery platform would take some of the sting out of battery cost, but that battery that was on the grease gun might not be allowed back in the house.
'' but that battery that was on the grease gun might not be allowed back in the house.'' Delmer---the grease fittings on your iron get greased,NOT the cordless tool battery!!!!
Battery Powered Grease Gun I realize that the "Batteries" may be problematic, and I switched to the DeWalt 18 volt system about 3 years ago, as they have a very wide assortment of tools. I guess I have 10 or 12 now .. all using the same batteries. I had been itching to get their greaser for some time, and when Amazon dropped the price by another $40 bucks, I pulled the trigger Dewalt is wanting to schmooz us into their new 20 volt line-up .. ain't gonna happen for this boy. I have lots of 18 volt batteries, and Ya gotta luv the 42" line, especially for those hard to get to places. If you've got some DeWalt 18 volt stuff, perhaps take a look at the DeWalt .. http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCGG570B-18V-Cordless-Grease/dp/B00IYB0OIA The one caveate is .. the Spring is extremely strong. Cheers!
Did you ever grease all the alemite fittings on a old cable Dozer? Man the sheaves on the front take a lot of hand pumping. I Bought my father in laws old air grease gun at his estate auction. He ran Texaco stations for decades Its one that uses a 5 gallon bucket of grease.. I mounted it on a push lawnmower chassis. That and a portable air compressor powered by a 5 hp gas engine makes greasing stuff a breeze. Also I install a alemite on the hand grease gun. I can fill the hand gun from the air machine. Things like ball joints that have a sealed rubber should never be greased except by hand. You place a finger on the rubber and when it starts to move you quit pumping. A power machine will rupture the seal and it will fail quicker than if you never greased it.
A few months ago I bit the bullet and dropped $200 on a Milwaukie 12V Grease gun. It is a nice kit and when you have multiple pieces of equipment to grease when it is 100 degrees out you will wonder how you lived without it. The only thing I wish it came with is a 12 volt charger for the truck.
I run a lot of the 12 volt Milwaukee tools in my service truck. I bought a $20 power invertor , from Walmart, that plugs into my cigarette lighter socket. Just plug your 110 volt charger into the invertor. Problem solved