Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I’d like to get more work for this truck…

John Banks · 2006-02-01 13:26

I am trying to generate some work for the Freightliner. We use it on our own projects, but there is still some considerable down time for the truck. I would like to obviously get it running as much as possible. I have designed a postcard which will be sent to the typical contractors, landscapers, excavators, etc. Please read the following and I would appreciate your comments, suggestions,etc. Our 2005 Freightliner Six-Wheeler can access areas where larger trucks can’t. We’re able to haul small loads more efficiently than larger trucks. Can’t keep up during your busy season? Call us to supplement your fleet. Keep your customers happy without adding the year-round expense and maintenance. Our truck is not lettered, so your customers will continue to rely on you for their needs. If your truck breaks down, call us 24-hours a day for emergency hauling service.

Replies6
  1. #1CT18fireman2006-02-01 14:54

    John, I sent you a PM

  2. #2John Banks2006-02-01 14:59

    Jesse, I did not receive anything...

  3. #3CT18fireman2006-02-01 15:41

    Thanks for responding. As far as the postcard, I think it is a great idea.

  4. #4chipsearthworks2006-02-01 17:42

    John, sounds like a good idea also try contacting some of the local quarrys, see if you could get put on a list ( if they have them) for lower then triaxel loads, because as i am sure you know you can get get tris a dime a dozen in our area but alot of theses homeowners have heart attacks when they see a tri pull up to there house to deliver a few yard/tons of stone,mulch,etc. So i say the card is a good idea and try the quarrys. Sounds like a good niche just ,my opinion

  5. #5John Banks2006-02-01 19:35

    Thanks Chip, yeah, I've got Tilcon, Gault, Devine, etc on my list, although I think I'm too small time for them. But it's worth a try. I wouldn't mind hooking up with one or two guys to run material with, even if it's only a couple/few days a week.

  6. #6CT18fireman2006-02-01 22:14

    Hey John there is a guy that hauls out of ASI in New Milford with a smaller truck. I was talking to him one day while picking up some clean sand. He told me he is on call and works for them maybe 2-3 days of the week. When a smaller order comes in they have him call the buyer back to arrange a delivary time. It probably would work to get on that type of list.