This baby was given to me for free as a "throw-in" when I bought some equipment last year. I found a data plate, but it NOT legible. Some FOOL painted over it, like a big dumbie!! Can anyone help me identify this baby???
I forgot to mention that I do KNOW (for sure) that it is a CATERPILLAR brand.
Yair . . . Most painted over plates respond to the careful application of a bit of emery cloth or paint remover. Cheers.
If I remember correctly, the data plate is aluminum & the info was screen printed on that plate, the some body painted over it. I seriously doubt that it was stamped. If it was, that paint is on there very, very thick. It is a shame that it wasn't taped over before they painted the machine. It started up & ran wonderful. It was set outside for about 3 years, before I got it. I'm trying to get it together, to try to sell it. It needs some brake, tires, battery & alternator work to be put back in service. I think that the master cylinder is seized up. I'm having to guess that the wheel cylinders might be as well = GO FIGURE!!
is the "M" painted on there or was that a factory result. Because that could mean Mitsubishi which would make it a sister of Caterpillar in terms of lift trucks.
Looks to me like some vintage of Caterpillar V50D OR V50E
I just looked at mine.. at work.. T50C.. w/a 1404 engine.. don't hold me to that.. just might lead you in the right direction..
I have found serial and model numbers stamped into the mast on various forklifts.
Thanks guys for all of the replies. I know this is an older machine. She ran great from the day I got it off the roll-back tow truck. It sat all that time, so she still has great spirit to carry onward. She's just begging to be used everyday again!! Where on the mast / frame can I look? It seems there is absolutely no standard for where they can or should be. I'd be glad to take the time to make a brand new data plate, as long as I knew what it was.
Thanks guys for all of the replies. The large "M" was added to the machine, over top of the yellow paint. I went ahead & carefully removed that mess. I think it was used as a way to identify it for use by a certain shift or department. I know this is an older machine. She ran great from the day I got it off the roll-back tow truck. It sat all that time, so she still has great spirit to carry onward. She's just begging to be used everyday again!! Where on the mast / frame can I look? It seems there is absolutely no standard for where they can or should be. I'd be glad to take the time to make a brand new data plate, as long as I knew what it was.
Those numbers are embossed on the plate. If you can strip the paint with a solvent, you should still be able to read the ID. Once you have the numbers & letters you can decode them here: http://store.intellaliftparts.com/blog/caterpillar-forklift-serial-number/ Since it’s a pneumatic, the model will most certainly start with the letter V.