I have been patiently waiting on one of those 60+ page threads again like the good ole days. You know......where someone knows nothing about the machine, wants to rebuild a major component, or troubleshoot issues and everybody gets involved giving advise, opinions, and differences in how to go about things but..........they have been escaping me! So.....what gives? What has changed? Is the advise that’s been given on repairs just too good and accurate? I’ll tell you right now, I bought a case of Orville Redenbacher buttered popcorn after the last huge thread. It cost me money and I haven’t even got to open it. Something just has to give!
Careful whatcha wish for...!
There was one (or more) potential threads in the wheel loaders section ( case 621 f I think) they we're trying to find out where the nonexistent charge pump was located, I just gave up and ignored it.
WHAT!? Oh what could have been.
People these days have no sense of adventure...........!!
the days of the throw away eq. ---- not worth fixing
I could start one My neighbor works at a bike shop. The other day a lady dropped off this little fold up Ebike, said everything worked and if they just wanted to give it a tune up they could donate it to someone needy. Nice gesture, BUT..... So he calls me up and says of course it doesn't work and they were just going to scrap it, would I want it. Since I am apparently the local ebike guy, I said sure. So he drops this thing off. Well it is the cheapest POS you have ever seen. All of the paper work came with it, worth $250 brand new. I spent a few hours on it last night, repaired the wiring for the charger so it works now, got the battery charged up, repaired the short in the motor cut off switch in the front brake. But for the life of me, I can't find the Dilithium Chrystals and the Flux Capacitor. Its a Schwinn AL1020 2009 year S/N POS0001
pics????
Is the battery fully charged? 1.21 gigawatts? When this thing reaches 88 mph you’re going to see some serious ****.
LOL, They got warehouses around here filled to the ceilings with them things!!! literally tens of thousands of em' and most of them go from 1500-3500bux a pop!!! even have threewheelers with dumpbeds on em'.
Can we make a thread on the Ebike that sets a new record of 60+ pages.? Only on HEF......
Gigawatts? That is so 80's This thing runs on Terawatts. I have been on google maps looking for a clock tower close by too, no luck This thing might have a turbo encabulator on it. Anyone still have a good set of Encabulator manuals kicking around? I lent mine out and the little *&%#$@#$# never brought them back. I have also been doing some math. Since it only has 16" wheels on it the 88 mph changes. So far I have Pie are Squared times E=MC 2 but I keep coming up 42, which as we all know is "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" And I am in Canada so metric. Lets just round it off to 32Kmh and see what happens. Could someone please pass me a Celsius adjustable wrench.
Sorry I only understand fredomheight
Geez I got totally lost in Boolean Algebra I would never have been able to arrive at the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" I think that the Mr. Fusion maintenance and parts manuals available for a small fee on Ebay will have the schematics you will be seeking...
You know. I'm sitting here a little scared right now. The battery pack is huge. I mean HUGE. I know it says SLA on it, but pretty sure it is powered with Plutonium or even worse. UNOBTAINIUM. That stuff is so powerful. That little battery pack could power a city the size of LA. If I were to screw up it could short out and all of Vancouver Island could just vanish in a flash. I have just sent an Email to the Hogwart Library asking if they have any manuals on Magic Wand repair. I broke mine last year. (Well honestly, I think I broke it 45 years ago when I first started pulling wrenches for a living, because it never worked quite right) I figure that if I can get my wand repaired, I could use it to contain the power of the battery. Or I could use it to whip up a damn good Gin and Tonic...
That would be Ebay.ca Metric remember
Well I'm kind of working on a project! Trying to repair a 1957 SunBeam MixMaster Model 12. Anyone know of a good but cheap source of parts. Seems it has two problems, main one being the speed controller has a broken spring arm that the contacts points are mounted to. Second thing is it appears to have a bad capacitor. Had a lead on a good used speed controller for $10.00 plus shipping so I emailed the guy and asked if he had any good capacitors. That was over a week ago! Did locate another guy who had the speed controller but he is asking $24.95 plus shipping. And to add to it he said he was starting chemo last Monday so no telling if or when I can hear from him again. And don't anyone mention this to my wife she would start the paperwork to have me committed. She thinks I should just buy a new one! Especially as I have one that is working good right now! One thing I can guarantee is in the year 2081 there will not be anyone looking for parts to fix a 2019 Sunbeam Mixer! Be lucky if you can buy parts for one next year!
I got nothin for this tangent lol. I’m sure my daughter could wax poetic about Hogwarts if need be. Just don’t let the magic smoke out!
So I found this old Cat D6 or D7 for a really good deal, got it home and it did fine for couple of hours . Then the engine started making a knocking noise. I tried to tell where the noise was coming but could not tell exactly, so I kept running it and the noise only got worse. So, since I was a good ways from the house, i decided to get on back, but about half way it belched some black smoke and stalled out and won't turn over anymore. My buddy says it is probably the starter since it work turn over. Wooo... Cat wants a lot for that starter. Think I might change the engine oil at the same time to see if that helps.
Well I have an email in to Lucas to see if they can supply AC Smoke all I have found so far is for positive earth:
First things first! Have you tried using a new key? Could be the old key is getting weak and can't push the volts fast enough to work the starter.
Maybe you can cannibalize this one, https://www.ebay.com/p/1122359584?iid=303258346340&rt=nc
That is the wrong one for North America. You need the one that says for right hand drive vehicles. It is even more rare.
My car did something like that one time. Made a bunch of noise then quit. Wait, no wasnt the car. Hmmm, must have been the truck. Yeah it was the truck only it started up again, and it didn't smoke and it didn't make any noise. But I did change the engine oil. And I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express... Maybe you should go on a holiday?
You need a carburetor off of a Tesla truck to reroute excess battery output to the Whittle engine which, when properly coupled to the drivetrain of a Allis Chalmers fuel cell tractor will produce enough filtered water to meet the minimum flow requirements of a Fukushima approved “continuous use” decontamination shower used every half hour by the Nuclear Energy Commission sanctioned monitor who will keep careful watch on the excess plutonium inside said battery. The 88mph thresh hold is commonly mistaken as minimum speed needed to sustain time travel. This is not in fact the case. The 88mph target is the minimum speed needed to gather enough forward potential energy to remain in motion while carrying the several thousand tons of lead shielding in addition to working arrangement of your device. The unubtanium Supply has currently been bought out by Air America to power a prototype vehicle capable of carrying a payload large enough to bring contraband back from their hotels on the moon to account for the black budget of the US. ....sorry, I cannot help with the metric conversions....
Ice cream has no bones...
http://mobsea.com/Ice-Cream-Flavors/Chicken-Ice-Cream
Metric is easy. 100C is where water boils. Make tea or boil potatoes 0C is where water Freezes, make ice cubes for Gin and Tonics -40 is the same as -40. Add a wind and this is the temperature where all life stops. (Forget that 0 degrees K, that is just a conspiracy theory)
I found a starter on line , finally got it on . Changed the engine oil and filter. Got a wick filter and some 0-20 oil. Engine still won't turn. So I'm at a lose, what to do next? I did notice a lot if oil leakage in the belly pan also I found a chunk of metal in the there that must have been from the previous owner. Any advise?
Must be the battery. Go to your local junk yard and see if they have any used batteries from a Geo Metro. I had a Geo Metro, it would always start.
Have you tried repainting it yet? That almost always fixes everything depending on the brand of paint.
No but I am going to order a new key , the one I have does look worn out . I hope that does it because my budget is getting thin.
Not sure I should have clicked that link.
There was possibly too much carbon on top of the pistons and the engine stopped at top dead center and two of the pistons are locked in that position because of the carbon build up, try five gallons of marvel mystery oil in the crank case. Seen this happen on a cruise ship I was on last year. Normally it's caused by running too wide of a ring gap on those two cylinders.
Amazon has the aftermarket keys for a lot less than Cat, but they can cause weak cranking. Go Cat all the way.
LOL......all of you are off your rockers!
And grind the two tabs off the top of the two prongs so you can crank more than one at a time. Double your machines, double mint gum.
Well I didn't finish with the helpful hints-On that cruise ship the entertainment manager came up with the idea to break the engine free. The captain ran a real long rope around the propeller shaft and down both sides of the ship and had the guests yank back and forth until it broke free, then he had the ones on port side run with it and pull started it off the propeller shaft.
I was trying to get 60+ pages for you as a Christmas present. Can't have all that Orville Redenbauker go bad now. 58 to go...
Keep it up!
I think the reason that there are fewer of those (these?) types of threads, is we are all better at spotting arse holes... Kinda reminds me of this thread, which appeared on an un-named(by me!) forum, of little consequence or value, several years ago... Posted by KRM on January 08, 2002 at 06:59:38 from (152.163.197.208): I drove by the new equipment dealer in town the other day, and I saw the strangest tractor I've ever seen, and on top of it the driver looked to be Elvis! Well, I stopped the old pickup and walked over to this strange looking tractor. It had the biggest tri-directional cleated tires I'd ever seen. It would make any "Big Foot" owner green with envy. The tractor had the strangest movements and I couldn't tell if it was a "commin or goin". A lot of the motion was due to the gyrations of Elvis who was drivin it. I looked up at the driver wearin dem silvered sunglasses and asked, "Dat you, Elvis?" Well, to show who he wuz he begun singin "Love Me Tender......". I said, "Whoa, I ain't one of them." Well, then he begun drivin that monster ETD all over the lot, kickin up mud and rocks, and doin wheelies. All the time he was demonstrating the ETD, he was singin "You Ain't Nuttin But A Ground Hawg" while "barkin" the tires when he got on pavement. It was an incredible display of power. Then Elvis went to the back of the lot and started climbin over some traded in Belarus and Yingsu tractors while he sung, "Fools Rush In Where Steigers Fear to Tread". It was incredible! Then Elvis hooked up a round baler to the rear PTO and a square baler to the front PTO and operated it in the tri-directional mode in the field next to the dealership while he sung, "Bale-House Rock". I stood there agast and thot to myself, "If that don't raise the dead, nuttin will." Well, at that time the salesman walks up to me and splained to me all about the ETD. He said that before the formal introduction that the company had let a farmer running a beef operation in the next county use a prototype for a while. Well, the farmer was pilin some stuff in a concrete silage bunker runnin cross ways in the bunker pushing it up against the walls to make it easier to get with a loader tractor at feedin time for the cattle. When the farmer looked down, he saw some fence wire. He had the ETD in a creeper gear so he thot he'd git off and get it while the ETD kept a movin. Just as he picked up the wire and started wadding it, his wife calls him to dinner. Being powerful hungry, he forgot the ETD and rushed to the house. Just as he was wipin the gravy of his chin, he remembered the ETD was still in gear. Well, he jumps up with the corner of the table cloth still tucked in his shirt and runs out the door flinging paper plates, plastic forks, and styrofoam cups everywhere. Just as he turns the corner, he saw the most amazing sight. There was the ETD still goin. When he got off the ETD before dinner, the wheels were turned a little and the ETD had kept movin toward the wall. When it pushed the stuff up to the wall the monster all-wheel drive climbed the wall and fell over backwards and continued up-side-down to the other side where it did the same. With the wheels turned slightly, the ETD and flipped and flopped from one side of the bunker to the other until all the stuff was neatly piled against the walls. He got there just as the ETD was gettin to the other end, then climbed on and drove it back to the barn. Well, I then asked the salesman, where does the term tri-directional or ETD come from? The salesman seemed to get a little foggy in his explaination and said, "It goes in directions other than forward and backward. It's does things near the ground more than any other tractor - it's an Extra Terrestrial." What? You mean it has little green aliens making it or driving it? Does it fly? I asked. "Naw, not exactly, but I can't tell more because it's classified. Then I asked the big question, Is ETD an acronym for Extra Terrestrial Driver? The salesman immediately clammed up and wouldn't talk about the ETD's features, but started given me the sales talk. He said they're goin fast and there's a shipment to be flown in about a 6 weeks. Then I asked how do they fly these monsters in with no airport nearby. He wouldn't answer me. Well, I quickly wrote out the check for the $10,000 earnest money deposit, and the salesman said it would be delivered to my farm in six weeks on February 30th. Happily, I walked back across the parking lot to my pickup knowing I was going to have ownership of the leading edge of tractor technology. Then while walking in the parking lot, I noticed several blackened depressions in the pavement. Hmmm, I'd better get my friend who owns the blacktopping company over here and pay the dealership a visit. There may be some business in it for him. As I drove out of the parking lot, I heard them paging Elvis on the PA system saying "ET Phone Home"...... I thought his initials were EP. KRM KRM forgot to include in his description, that the ETD, being a prototype used the earliest form of the turbo encabulator transmission, with the dingle-arm recall, that wasn't updated, when it blew, the tractor ended up dis-appearin up its own exhaust pipe, never to be heard of, or seen again!
I'm sorry but your math formula is wrong, Pie are round, cake are square.
No Jethro-pie are round corn bread are square.
This oughta help with the metric/freedom conversion. I didn't know Lucas was still producing replacement smoke, I've been hoarding this N.O.S. for what seems like forever.
And in response to DIYDAVE , this little fella
Cornbread is round when made the proper way in a cast iron skillet.
I saw this on the news this morning, I guess they was trying to push start the one.
I have a 1968 Dodge that was made in Canada. The engine really runs rich. Do you think it would help if I used metric gas? I'm thinking that since metric gallons are smaller the engine is getting too much fuel with our bigger US gallons.
Zip tape & Duct Ties will fix whatever the problem is.
... and/or a hammer
I had a cat 3405 motor that some tech had put the wrist pins upside down... it would always crank slow... figgered it out accidentally one day when the owner called me to see why it stopped running - he had rolled it over down a hill one day while popping out stumps and sure enough knocked the batteries loose!!! so I helped him get things wired up again and he gave the key a twist and VRROOOOOMMM it spun up real fast then we flipped it back right side up and he drove it back to the barn. Well the next day he went to start it and back to slow cranking.... that's when it hit me!!!! had to be the wrist pins, so I told him to park it upside down from now on
I've got a truck with a 355hp 3406e with 1.7m miles on it and I want more power. Can anyone on here send me the 800hp Marine Brake Saver file? Do I need special cables to connect to the ECM or can I do it with Bluetooth?
I had a hard time sleeping last night. I kept thinking about the Tesla carburetor and if it would indeed work on the ebike. I just wasn't sure if the teeth would mesh with the Turbo Encabulator But of course my math was off because I was using square pie instead of round corn bread. So if I adjust the Pork to Salsa ratio it should work. So what do you guys think, Grey or Black?
Purple
Use a BFG
Our poor newbies are going to be soooooooooooo confused
True story- a couple of weeks ago I stopped by a customers place. I had been there 2 weeks prior when they had their pressure washer unit in their shop, several of the hoses off the pressure pump, some fittings removed and just lying there. I asked why it was still in the shop? The lead mechanic told me that they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't move water so I asked some simple questions as to why the hoses and fittings were off the pump. He told me they thought that there was a blockage of some kind in the suction side and that when they couldn't find any blockage that they just gave up. He said the engine ran fine, but no water at all. I asked if the pump was turning...…..he didn't know. I reached my hand behind the belt guard (cant see the belts because of the guard) felt an end, and pulled out 2 broken belts. I said "well, its not going to pump water with these broke." He looked at me like he had just found out I was bedding his wife. That washer was in their for a month because no one even thought to check if the pump was even turning.
I've been called a Google mechanic in the past but truth be told I is so, I know what I'm saying, it just may not be 100% accurate or factual.
Were those belts J1587 or J1939 CAN?
and another- same company. Miller welding machine (225 Bobcat) has been sitting in their shop floor for 9 months. The lead mechanic was told that the rings were shot and that the drive coupler for the generator was broken. About a week ago, I had just finished repairing a street broom for them and had some extra time, so I enquired about the welding machine. The lead mechanic told me that they had charged the battery in it and cranked the engine over but it would never start. So I asked "Did anyone check anything?" The reply was "No, we were told its junk so we haven't bothered." I stuck the battery charger on it, gave it about 10 minutes, cranked it...……..turns over but doesn't start. I removed the air cleaner, dropped a bit of gas in the carb, and hit it again...…….started and ran for about 5 seconds......HMMMMMM? Pulled the fuel line off that little b*****d plastic fuel pump, turn the engine over......nothing, no fuel movement. The only thing that was wrong with the welding machine was a bad fuel pump. Coupler was fine. The company had spent $4K on a new welder several months before...…….pretty much because no one there can troubleshoot issues. Again...….
Any electrical problem = NEED TO REPLACE THE ECM
Yea but if I got that one I'd be too tempted to try fixing it and then have to try to convince wife I really needed three mixers!
No, but maybe the rockers need adjusting to relieve excessive compression pressure putting too much load on the key switch!
Boy are you in luck. I have a friend of a friend of a friend that has a Commodore 64 with the 50 10" floppy discs and he has the special bluetooth cable that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I believe it is the 800HP marine brake saver, but it might be the 2000HP version. Depends on the intercooler. Now, I think he wants about a grand for it, so if you were to send me a money order for $10,000, I will cash the money order in, send him $10 and send the other $8000 back to you. Special one time internet offer
Instead of hot fudge topping a good dose of canned gravy and I'm in there!
I think I stop by that place on a regular basis and offer to haul away the junk equipment for scrap prices!
Well Just notice that in about 24 hours this thread has hit 66 posts so it might be heading towards a record!
I can't believe that with so many "experts" on HEF they have all failed to diagnose that the problem is obviously a cracked superheater tube......
My experience is that the cracks propagate from pinholes due to cavitation in the superheater coolant system. Most people don’t know to check this out. You need a cool superheater.
The tubes are prone to burning out...
I've never seen a cracked superheater tube cause a problem. Check the filters.
Only if you Spinal Tap the amp [11].
Okay then. I have changed the battery oil. I was a little worried about the several thousand tons of lead needed for protection from the plutonium in the battery so I wove a large Faraday screen around the Ebike. I have the new Telsa carburetor coming, trying to find a new jar of left hand drive Lucas smoke on Alibaba ( I want original Lucas) I have filed the key down I think I have the pork to salsa ratio just about perfect The cornbread is in the oven Douglas Adams is a Rock Star I painted it British Racing Green Sat on it upside down AND IT STILL WILL NOT START And now you tell me about superheater tubes... I'm going to change the oil again....
[Thick Indian accent] Is it plugged in sir.????
Dont change it, just add Lucas additive with viscosity thickeners and friction modifiers. That will ensure the pork:salsa ratio doesn't get out of proportion.
Go get yourself a can of compression and spray it down those superheater tubes, but be careful to not spray too much in there, there’s a chance you could blow out the muffler bearing....
I would connect ET and check the superheater software. You may have to do a reflash with the current version.
I find that reflashing only works when you augment the BFH in pulse mode to help it flash.
"If a hammer can't fix it, it must be an electrical problem".
OK, I got the ECM reflashed but now it will only idle and none of the gauges work.
Okay, I have done a bunch more research on the interweb thingy. You guys have steered me wrong again.. I need organic battery oil. Apparently there is some element in organic battery oil that will improve the efficiency of the superheater cooler. So off to town to find some new organic battery oil.
Is the lucas additive organic?
Well, If you get tired of messing with it I hear there are some crack mechanix over at ziegler cat that can sort this stuff quick and in a hurry
You want the graphite stuff.
Oh yeah!!!! definitely go graphite... only the pure stuff mobile one!!!! I can remember when the best thing was to run that in the big watercooled street bikes
You need the terminating resistor under the J1939 drive pulley to equal 120,000 ohms to work with the terrawatt power your using or you'll have unwanted voltage leaking all over the ground. Dont step in it, slicker than snot on a doorknob.
You dont want that organic battery oil, it won't support the data transmission, you need synthetic API jiggledygoop . Nige can back me up on this. It's the best cheap stuff at the farm n fleet.
Dear sir, can’t you see this is no place for the truth?
I would forget about the oil. Any oil will work just fine. That changing the oil business is an industry wide conspiracy perpetrated by the few remaining dinosaurs living in the hollow earth to filter out the inorganic material from oil so it will be more easy to extract their DNA from it for cloning purposes. ....oh yeah, and as a bonus I will tell let you think out the coincidence of the disappearance of oil bath air filters to the timing of the first meetings of Green Peace....
just call these nimrods, they can help. Look at all they've done to help 3rd world countries compete with advanced and developed countries. We clean the environment so they don't have to.
I was sitting here over lunch and nice tall glass of Hilco Lube and pondering your situation. Does your Turbo Encabulator have Ward Lenard control? It is possible if that is the case that you will have to install a newer software version since the first Ward Lenard controls to not take into account the newer discoveries of Unified Field Theorem and work under the assumptions of many less dimensions and fundamentally break down at the quantum level producing many glitches.
This reminds me of something totally unrelated. I have been using Napa Gold filters for a while now and none of my engines have made the FIRST OUNCE of gold. I am not amused! For shame Napa says I! ....oh wait are microns metric? Maybe I need to be looking for gold microns instead of ounces.
By the way, I hear that pork prices are about to go up due to the tariffs. Better run the pork as lean as you can so you can sell the rest.
If the super heater is cracked from over heating you probably have a super conductor problem they start run hot when you use organic battery oil (thank California) it was there idea to outlaw inexpensive standard battery oil and replace it with organic Trouble with organic battery oil is it's made from unobtainium really pricey and has half the service life and if it gets used on a system that was broke in with standard it just uses the oil as fast as you can put it in. I garentee walmart has the best prices for pork salsa so you can hopefully sort it out and not have to do a complete conversion back to distillate fuel
I was wondering where those guys went after they designed the last Cat Acert C15 engines.
Why do you think the monkey wrench is listed in the serviceman's reference manual first on the special tools page....
When your engine does finally start making gold in the filter look in the oil pan the bigger pieces are usually there.
Right next to the Kelvin Bridge for checking out Turbo Encabulators?
Those would be the nuggets.
yep, and if the nuggets don't look refined enough just put them in the nugget filler tube at the top of the motor and run them through again... they'll get refined one way or another
I really think you need to consider upgrading to a billet battery. They are much stronger and allow you to run anti-gravity oil. Make sure you buy the blue kind though as the purple one...well you really don't want to know what it does to certain body parts if you spill it. Once you get the billet battery make sure you change your wire colors. Anti-gravity oil only works if the flux capacitor is hooked up with green wire. Red wire leaks.
Just got back from town. Gosh, what a mess that was, christmas time and all. I had to punch out some old fart that was pretending to be Santa Clause. We all know that Santa is busy up at the north pole building toys, he won't have time to be standing in front of the store ringing a bell and collecting money. (The court date will be in January sometime) I digress, so got into the parts store and asked the counter guy for some Metric Organic Battery Oil and a bottle of Lucas Graphite oil. Wouldn't you know it, sold right out. He did say that he thought that the local hippy er, I mean health food store might have it being organic and all. So I headed over that way. They were very nice over there. I told them that I wanted some organic battery oil for my Ebike because I'm trying to save the whales. She didn't have any but she did sell me some nice smelling Lavender oil that I could rub on my wife's feet if I wanted to. So I went to one of the other parts stores. I don't usually go there because they can be a bit pricey. Once again I asked the counter guy. Now this guy knew his $&*%, he got the book out and looked it up for me. Wouldn't you know it but they were out also, but they had a cross over that he said would work. Unicorn oil, comes in both metric and SAE. Now before you guys get your panties all tied up in a knot about harvesting Unicorns for their oil, he assured me that it was made from genuine Panda Bear, its just named Unicorn oil so people don't get upset. But there is a bit of a shipping lag.
Ohhhhhh Yeah I know what you mean. I spilled a bit of the unwanted voltage. How do you pick that stuff up, it just keeps sliding out of the dust pan.
BUT BUT BUT I JUST ORDERED MY UNICORN OIL ARGHHHHHHHH
So I don't need the synthetic and the Unicorn oil will do after all. So happy.
Well now, I am not 100% sure but I think the Encabulator is using Montgomery Scott control. This might be one of the problems. I'll look into it a bit deeper.
So I used Pascal's Law to rework the Pork Salsa ratio I know that it is not a law that you would normal use for salsa but I figured it would work in this instance. It does allow me to run a little leaner on the pork. For those of you who can't remember Pascal's law it goes something like this. The amount of Basil in a spaghetti sauce is directly proportional to the amount of tomatoes used. Please don't get confused with the other Pascal, I mean what would pressure have to do with salsa.
I'm going to go with the Unicorn oil first, too many red wires.
In place of uni-oil you could maybe use European 20w. I was first introduced to it back in the 90s. I was looking for oil for a trans in Mercedes bubble nose . It called for 20W. We thought SAE 20 , evidently 20W stands for whale. Good luck getting it imported to America.
If the shipping lag for Unicorn oil is too long maybe you could add a few drops of this to corn oil and call it good.
HeavyEquipmentForums
^^ I was tempted....
And if you think I was joking and making this one up I did just get a reply from a guy who has the parts and for $20.00 including shipping I'll have this one running again! If you ask nice I might even post a video of it's test run!
We're at 10%
Don't you mean 10.526315786789562987 ?????
I say Go for it!!!! once it running you can blend your own uni-oil maybe even mix in some THD or whatever they call it these days and cure ALL your motor issues
Proper way is only the locale you live in, everyone on my dads side is from Ar or La so yeah I've seen it cooked in a cast iron skillet, and it tastes the same cooked in a square pan. Crick or Creek.
Yeah, sorta, a good well seasoned cast iron pan has that homey rock hard burnt edge that some folks find reminiscent. If you like dry cornbread, that is.
Hi everyone, Newbbie here, I have a Dump truck with I think a 11 speed transmission. i haven't had it long i just bought it an hour ago and i havent really driven trucks like this before. A few questions, is it big enough to move my toro dingos i have three for major excavation work and i'm thinking about expanding my business so i will probably buy 2 more dingos. And the other question, when shifting or starting out it really grinds going into gear, I had to brace my foot against the shift lever and push as hard as i could to get into gear at a stop light. Can anyone tell me or help on info about how to adjust the clutch. I looked up in there and can't see anything wrong but it sure stinks and put out what i thought was some smoke after driving it home. ThaNKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU GUYS MIGHT BE abable to help me with.
^^ That grinding sounds normal for a 'new to you' truck... I wouldn't worry about it too much although if you want you could get a can of WD40 and crawl under the truck and spray a bunch up innto wher the clutch is... I find this really help me smooth out my starts Hard to say on the dingo's if they are the newer models with the bigger bucket you might not be able to haul more than two at a time, the handy thing about them is you can use one to load/unload the other or if you're only going to take one to a job then I'd just dump it out when you get there as they are really easy to flip upright if it doesn't land right.
Gee thanks-i was told the same thing on another forum about using WD$0 trick. How much or how big of a can should i get? Money is tight right now with trying to expand and all. That's a great idea on loading and unloading the dingos, i'm sure glad i got on this forum, wasn't even here 20 minutes and already got a reply with great advise.
You might wanna swing by the new members introduction thread. After that, The first thing you wanna do is unload 2 or 3 tubes of grease in that release bearing. I find that that helps quiet the grinding noise.
No Problemo If you get the regular medium sized can I'd personally shoot the whole thing in there... but if it's the big jumbo can about half will do the trick
hot damn-another good tip you guys are amazing
Oh yeah!!! totally forgot about the release bearing trick....
Oh, another good trick for those 11 speed trannies... don't use 1st,3rd, or 6th gear as it just wears out the tranny faster when you use all the gears everytime you are getting up to speed.
Best to make sure which end of the horse the cowboy had the pan tied on that day before getting too excited unless you run with a big enough crew to have a chuck wagon.
It's ok to use em, just don't use em up.
Well i just went out tryed your trick with the W40D, it works great after the engine stopped reving. But I noticed I have another problem-the side walls on the inside tires are kind of chewed up looks like those have been rubbing on the frame. I was told it has running beam suspension.
Just switch the inner tires with the outer ones and you'll be good for a long time this is the reason they suggest rotating tires as it keep the wear evenly distributed between all the tires.
It is supposed to do that. The tires are only cushion to keep the running beam from contacting that actual wheels.
I knew I was missing something and you guys would have the answer. You know there just arn't many good forums like this one, I'v been a lurker for a while reading all the good answers and just knew i could get some good honest help if i asked this place is the greatest.
I'm going to step back for a bit here. Just had some incredibly good news. My youngest son and his wife are up for a Christmas visit. Going to be a grandpa again. Woohooooooooo This in number two for us and number 1 for them. What a great christmas present. I'll be back once they are on their way tomorrow some time BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!! Until then, keep the Uni Oil warm for me.
Congrats Wrenchy
Crick
It depends how far up the crick you are with or without a paddle when it becomes a branch don't ya know. Bob
I have one of those in my neck. Should I be worried.?
No- you're doing it all wrong. You have to shift using the fibonacci sequence. All those other gears are part of the illuminati conspiracy. (It all goes back to Da Vinci) I've got this island with a secret treasure on it, they've been digging for the treasure since the 1600's but I found it, I got my first truck yesterday to haul away spoils. We'll be bringing up treasure tomorrow, or after the next commercial break. Gotta go, I've got to pull my SIM card before the next satellite goes over, I think I hear the black helicopters. I'll post the pictures of the strange lights we've had in the sky next time.
Never worry about a crick in your neck. Now if your neck creeks you need to oil it.
Put my SIM card back in just for you, (send bail money if they pick me up). You need to change your diet to all free range organic local grown keto. Only meat stripped from live cows as they stand in the pasture, don't cook it either- that will release the free range radicals. I'm not going to use the bail money for bail either, just send it to the TOR server link I attached. My nigerian prince is just about to be released, I have to get the money to him before Christmas, or the Slovenian mob is going to take him out. Anyone else that can help financially, send ******* only to me. Jeffery Epstien is handling the money side from Dubai. Erase this message from your mind, before the NSA gets ahold of you, especially if you are on GOOGLE- Ipad, apple, amazon. They're all in on it and will rob us of our cut.
With new and improved natural lava lubricant ?
Now with kosher unicorn essential oils!!!!
Sorta lost track are we fixing a ebike or a cricket. I’m so confused, John
Fixing EVERYTHING in this thread!
Uni-oil will fix both
The lava lubricant is the only natural additive that will keep your organic unicorn essential oil kosher in an aerial, roundup-ready application. Without it the oil coagulates and forms droplets too large to effectively meet proper coverage rates above the 100knots minimum application threshold speed.
Yet another use for water displacement formula 40. (WD-40)
I thought lavalube was a "personal lubricant" to enhance intercourse, because it claims all natural. Am I gonna have problems now?
Come on guys, stop hijacking this thread. Its not very respectful to the original poster. I am sure he would like to have he problem solved...…….Any one remember what it is?
Hey guys. I found the problem. The magnetic bearings were missing. Must have been left out of a rebuild by the previous owner. Fortunately they were discovered under a nearby bush and I managed to replace them in the correct orientation using the good old-fashioned Right Hand Grasp Rule. https://web.ua.es/docivis/magnet/righthand_rule.html
Irrelevant comment removed.
As to that E bike, does it use the co-axle fallopian tube? I heard there were some people out here trying to use the bikes as submarines. It seems people were finding them in the water down by the ferry boat docks.
For Heaven’s sake, WHY??
That sounds suspiciously like the possible reemergence of the prehistoric Great Northern Alligator! Be careful! They stalk weary helpless prey like ebikes when they go to waters edge for a drink to refill their batteries on long trips when there is no access to the unicorn oil.
https://images.app.goo.gl/RraRH1ZKFdYbqGpa7
Because I felt dumb telling everybody I couldn't see a bucket on a dingo someone refured too.
I think it had something to do with a right handed unicorn trying to learn how to ride an ebike in a circle....
So where's the bucket???
See how constructive abstract thoughts can be Tinkerer?^^^^
This thread may have potential.... HeavyEquipmentForums
Wow ! A black dingo with a bucket. It doesn't appear to be on his boom tho. Vetech's thread is going to make a new record on HEF for going the furthest off topic ever ! Lets see if the views of this thread go beyond Contract Loggers thread with views of 1,235,986.
Here are some helpful hints for your project- Take all of the major components 1/2 of the way apart. Leave the component parts on the bench (or wherever)- do not complete repair/rebuild . Later, when you are ready to tear something else apart, put everything that looks sorta-kinda like it goes together in a 5-gal bucket (I like a cardboard box as it soaks up the fluids and then will fall apart when I pick it up, which is handy). Order a bunch of parts online. Immediately open the box when it arrives- do not use the parts ! This is called letting the parts "rest". Put it on the bench or shelf where it will get knocked off or on the floor where you can kick it over. I like on the bench because when you knock it off parts go everywhere and some will go in the bucket you use for a garbage can. The new parts you haven't used yet are good to "borrow" components for other projects (like o-rings). Paint some stuff Buy some tools Get a new seat Weld something. Anything will do. Buy a hat with the manufacturers logo on it. At some point you will need to post the machine online for sale- " Too many projects! Thousands in new parts! Will help load ". Price it at what a good running machine currently is going for.
OMGosh Crummy ! That is just soooo funny and so true ! #8 "Buy a hat with the manufacturers logo on it." ---> Definitely helps the project along.
The scary thing about this thread is that it actually makes more sense than that other thread
Yeah I like to use my old triplett meter to ckeck for thread continuity works everytime even if the battery is flat!!! then you just need to rig an air compressor with the right tubing to a O2 generator if you want the longest lasting battery when yo pump it up!!! as the extra O2 atoms help hold more electrons in the case... but make sure you have the case degaussed first or bad things will happen to the oil field leechers which are only required as a workaround for safe six personnel that do all their checking from under the bed if you drive a truck.
Way back in post #130, Blocker in MS made some very good points about the Encabulator control. wornout wrench said: ↑ I think the Encabulator is using Montgomery Scott control. That should work fine. You just want to be certain if it is Montgomery Scott or Ward Lenard. If you cross any wires you could end up with Montgomery Ward and we all know you cannot find parts for them anymore. I would go ahead and cut any tri-colored wires. They are always only signaling wires for the idiot lights on any CAM-short BUS. Well I did a bit more testing and looking and I think it may be instead a cross between a Montgomery Gentry control and a Chubby Checker control. There were a bunch of twisted wires and it definitively had a western tang to it. And also a very good point on the CAM-short BUS. I couldn't find any tri-colored wires, just all those darn twisted pairs. I also had another thought. I was cooking some bacon up this morning and it spat at me. Of course, Pork is too fatty for the pork/salsa mix ratio. I should be looking for a much leaner meat. I'm thinking I should be using Llama instead. I mean how stupid was this. It's pretty much common knowledge. Unfortunately, being so close to Christmas, Walmart was out of Llama Salsa. So I guess I am waiting on a new shipment to come in. Could try Amazon (.ca) There was also another several posts about shifting. I don't have an 11 speed on this bike. I think it is a Spitter single speed. I don't seem to have any trouble grinding gears on it but I was wondering if I double clutched on a downshift if it would help, or should I just split the gear on the up shift only? Its really strange that I don't grind on the single speed. My other bike has 27 gears and I am always grinding them. And if I'm using Llama salsa instead of pork do I still need the Unicorn battery oil. Oh F it, I'm just going to paint it pink now, that will make it start.
Oh dear lord. I was just going through my original post and I put the serial number in wrong. I had S/N POS0001 when in fact it is POS0010 So depending on if the S/N is Binary or Base 10, I could be in for major issues. I mean this changes everything... Warm cookies and milk is always good!
Wrench!!! One thing to note if you gonna paint it pink.... do NOT buy the pink paint as they actually mix in some wierd chin/indi/yugo sub particle base paint molecules for the liquifier substrate I mean that **** won't last 20 years let alone 1!!!! so the best recourse is find an anglo saxton approved coatings vendor with a GSA -007 contract holding status and buy almost equal amounts of red lead base pigment and white lead base/top pigment, this is the only pigment types approved for undersea vehicles according to fictishapedia.com Now when you mix them make sure to add the red to the white and not the other way around!!!! very impotent yo do it this way or you'll end up with blue tinting in the clearcoat... and that would be awfull On the next step of removing the e-carb from the 11-speed bike tranny I find it works best to grab a 400 dwt. jewelers hammer to knock the micro pins out of the blind hole in the kitchen counter shaft whatever you do not use a brass hammer as the copper zinc ratio in most brass hammers is destructive to the spitter valving and is only to be used on capriotti green steam valves of the 11.5 speed gearboxes!!! I have a more detainled R+R guide if you need it but as long as you don't start using common sense core math it should be fine and dandy for a quick retrofit of the sunbeam mixmaster boxen into the ebike.
This has nothing to do with the OP's original problem. There are a lot of guys here giving good advice and you are just confusing things. I'm reporting you. I hope you get the ban-hammer. Or something. Jerk
You and me both, and my name isn't even John. I got passed by this jacked up truck with wheel spacers the other day, which is no problem in and of itself, its your truck, do what you want. But the back window has a hard to read vinyl sticker that reads "Straight Hatin". What's that supposed to mean? Does he hate everyone? Does he hate people who hate his truck? Does he only hate straight people?
Great tip on the paint. I never thought that one through. Question. What is the taste profile on the red and the white lead based paint. Is it sort of like a Zinfendal. Are you getting more notes from the red or the white?
I was just making some popcorn. Crazy watching all those kernels exploding and blowing all over the stove and kitchen and I thought to myself, was this how the scientist that discovered nuclear came about it and in a blinding flash it came to me. On the single speed bike, the front and rear sprockets are already synchronized, so when I float a shift, I really don't need the clutch at all, and I could use the pork salsa to lube the chain because it if fattier then the Llama. Perfect sense. I also read on the interweb that if I can find some blinker fluid from a 46 ford, I can use it to rejuvenate the battery for the ebike. So why all the talk about organic unicorn oil????
I bet he is just a hater because he doesn't have an Ebike with warm milk and cookies. I mean milk and warm cookies And he is probably not a hater, just misunderstood He is probably a nice guy. I bet he raises unicorns. Can you get his number, I might still need that unicorn oil
Definitely get the unicorn oil!!!! if for nothing else as an investment It's getting harder and softer to find decent uni oil that hasn't been watered down or contaminated with frog larnyx oil or some other eurotrash product mined in poland then exported to hungary for processing in sweden by indian slaves that work in tashnikstan factories owned by the chinese that live in california.
There is much information to be absorbed in this thread. I need to leave now and retire to my favorite study to reflect on the interface of the Lucas smoke, magic smoke, unicorn oil, Encabulators and Crummy's helpful hints. I am told I like to do this during the night in the center of a crowded freeway with lots of cars whizzing by. It lends a certain clarity to your assemblage of thought. This coupled with lots of whirling yellow lights and people I know making concrete seems to do the trick. I must leave now!
Can't help with the Llama salsa but but do actually have some Alpaca steaks and ground meat in the freezer! If you are in to lean tough meat it is great!. Think you could use those steaks to repair work boots! Not too bad if you use a good marinade, have recipe that uses pineapple juice that makes it not too bad if let set for a few hours! Hope I don't get band for actually being serious in this thread but at least I'm getting OT enough so I may be safe!
Have fun And if you can find a smoke hydraformationary machine you might put it to good use with all those vehicles wizzing by you a good percentage of them will have been leaking smoke... and some of it will be lucas!!! so any efforts to recycle it is worth the effort!!!!
I have an idea Ken How about if we marry the wittle Ebike up to your mixer with a Super 18 transmission. We could use it to tenderize the alpaca steaks to the point where they can be used to make the salsa. Now, I'm just not sure if we should use the steering wheel off of a 988B or a 14G What are your thoughts? I'm not sure about the 14G, could never get the hang of float shifting it
This is like a great rain! Think about all those different H20 particles gathered inside a weather front....each one fundamentally, formed differently, each atom being having it’s own special experiences and interactions with others....and then it rains....these atoms are all freed, dispersed toward a singularity, a mass communal goal which is understood by all participants, yet never conveyed or communicated....each droplet hits the surface of the nearby planet, tree, organism....maybe a truck carrying an entire half shipment of virgin unicorn oil....and all these beautiful different atoms with entirely different circumstances, motivations, intentions come together in one beautiful sheen covering all in the affected area....and the travel as a new form, as one, as a commune (the Santa Claus and his old lady commune) and they all have traveled and witnessed and felt and interacted with SOOOOO many different things.... ....and now we, I mean they, are all here with our own experiences and purposes trying to resolve the issue of a lone twice discarded eboke....like so many raindrops.... ....forming one giant serene BIG MUDDY POND of water that even the duck’s fear to tread in....
Definitely the steering wheel of a Melroe M880. Those are rare now due to their excellent ability to withstand the rigors of their job while remaining in excellent condition. If you cannot find one, I would substitute a steering wheel from a Cat 12M Wornout Wrench.
Will it be able to withstand the excessive torque, I mean we are talking an 18 speed here.
I think they are rated to “hydrostatic duty” and may even withstand the dreaded slave-like conditions of even CVT.
Wait, what? I thought we were talking about an 11 speed. Ohhhhhhh.......I see- you are in Canada! Frickin' metric system. 11sp US = 18sp Metric. Like 1/2" wrench is the same as 12mm.
Yup It's the Celsius oil. It has to be so much thicker due to the cold up here so we need more gears. That thin oil you boys use down south just will not work up here in the cold. The gears just will not spin.
Ahhhh yes the dreaded metric system formerly known as the meteroic society system but the government had to change the name as too many people would associate the tools with witchcraft Little known fact is a long time ago before people had even thought of measuring things or anything like that a pretty good sized meteor fell on the west shores of Canada in a little known place called Cambels soupville( later they also renamed that place to Campbell river... anyways once the local indigenous people and sasquatches got over the fear of the large glowing metalic rock some of the more scientific types decided that they would use it as a standard to compare other things that were round... this was the start of the MSS standard!!! but throughout the years too many sasquatches were put to death for saying the MSS was using their standard for unfair trade practices against them and they would always end up with the short end of the club - so they eventually convinced some of the friendly Canadian population to side with them and eliminate the MSS altogether but little did they know the people they trusted didn't really end the MSS they only renamed it and invented new terms like milimeters and mililiters just to confuse the poor few remainers of the sasquatch population.
Oh now I'm very confused, over here on the East coast 1/2” wrench is same as a 13mm. Maybe because all of my equipment is so old it has grown up and the bolts got bigger. Ya that's it I have mature bolts. Now we do measure things around here with slide rule that we got as a prize in a happy meal so maybe that makes a difference too. Well, I gotta eat dinner while it's warm. Fried possum with grits ain’t right if it gets cold. Especially if you have round cornbread to go with it.
Its true Here is the rock to prove it. http://campbellriver.crmuseum.ca/photograph/big-rock-0
Hey!!! of course it's true... would I type it if it weren't based on fact
Kum & Go? Hmm....never before have I seen this. I wonder if they are like the “Pak-n-Pok” in MS.
OK, now you've triggered llama limerick 1.01 An Argentine gaucho named Bruno Who said, "loving is one thing I do know. Women are fine And sheep are divine But llamas are numero uno."
Trying very hard to not make a comment about Ct Farmer's mature bolts needing mature nuts! Now Mother Deuce is probably going to give me a dope slap for that one!
It's a know fact that the initial 'weathering' does make them grow however depending on the environment they are in(especially around water) they will shrink considerably in the coming years... it's just a fact of nature.
LOL!
Oh my aching head. I'm serious, my brain is hurting. The salsa recipe. 1 Kilogram of pork 2.2 pounds of tomatoes 10 jalapenos 1 tablespoon salt 10 grams of oregano 1 cup diced red onion handful of cilantro 25 ml lime juice 5 cloves garlic Put all ingredients into a 1 gallon pot Cook in 180 degree C oven for 1.1 days Not sure what base they are talking. Base 10, Binary or Hex. Will make a huge difference when it comes to adding the jalapenos. And Imperial gallon or US gallon or do I need to convert to metric And then I had the bike hanging upside down from its tires under my sundeck. I thought that if I put it there so the lead based paint could dry, it would keep people from licking it as it dried ( That lead based paint tastes so good). Anyways, I let my dog out for is morning routine and the little monster lifted his leg on the tire. Back to the salsa. I also need to figure out the ratio if I change it from pork to Llama or whatever. My poor head. I think it is full.....
They were probably comparing it to the Quebec metric system. Just like the language Canada has 2 official metric systems. In Quebec they not only have language police but they have metric police to enforce the French metric has priority.
Welder Dave. Thank you for pointing that out. I live on the west coast and we in the west tend to forget about the Quebec metric. Now I have to work that into my calculations too. Groan
I can't add too much help here but that never stopped some of us from posting! I have been doing some research to see if there is an exchange ratio between Llama, Alpaca and pork but so far the internate has not been of any help! On a slightly OT subject, hope that is OK! Just got the annual Christmas Letter from one of my Auntes and Uncles up in Minnesota. This uncle and I share first and last names and are just five years apart in age. Grand-dad and Grand-Ma didn't have too many hobbies, but that another story! One note in this letter mentioned my Auntie and Uncle were blessed with a Great Grand Daughter this last year. Now that in of itself might not be that big a deal but this kid brings the total of Great-Grand kids to 23! Best I can claim is one five year old grandson and that one is the son of my stepdaughter so I don't even have any DNA in the mix!
If you had a hand in raising her, it counts. Weren't any DNA between my grandfather and I but he is/was my grandfather and I have his folded flag proudly displayed just as he took pride in my accomplishments. Don't let silly **** like blood get in the way.
Well can't take much credit for the raising as she was almost 20 years old when I met her and her mom for the first time! And within a few weeks she was moved out of her moms home and into her own apartment. Not to get too serious on this odd thread but one of the things I regret is the lack of really knowing grandfathers on either side. Mom's dad passed before she even met my dad and dad's father I only met I think twice, once when I was maybe 7 or 8 and again when I was 11 and spent a few weeks one summer visiting many of dad's family up in Minnesota.
So true. While I do have a mitt full of aunts and uncles, most of them were too far away to see on any kind of a regular basis. I have 2 uncles that are not uncles, just really good friends of the family. And when I was a child, there was a childless couple lived down the road. Cliff flew Lancaster's during the war and brought his wife June home with him. June's mother came with them. Mrs. S we called her, June's mother, was the sweetest little English granny any child could ask for. And since June and Cliff didn't have children they pretty much adopted me. I always kept in touch right up till the last one passed. Still miss them. Such great people.
That's the reason the federal gov't. had to pump so many millions into Bombardier. Some bean counter forget to convert to Quebec metric so all the tooling was off and the assemblers tools wouldn't work. Keep the popcorn ready for when Airbus founds out their new purchase has some issues. Some metric heads are going to roll.
What can we do with something like this?
Well guys and gals. This has been fun. I got to be more then a little silly. Sorry Vetech63, I tried my best but could not get it up to the required 60 pages. I thought that 11 was pretty decent considering there really wasn't any content My oldest son is coming home for Christmas. He has had a rough go of it. Drugs, alcohol. He was badly burned during a drug induced psychotic episode. He got into an electrical switch yard and was electrocuted. Lit his clothes on fire. I'm not sure how many times he just about died, 3 that I know of. I had to throw him out of my life for several years. He was living on the streets for some time. But he has quit the bad stuff and has been clean for over a year now. Has a decent job, is paying his child support and such. I intend to spend some quality time with him and his new girl friend. So not planning on being around on here much. Might do a quick check in now and then. So pretty much see ya after Christmas. I'm telling ya, this one is cleaned up The youngest is having a baby. I don't need any presents this year, I already have all I need.
Good on you for starting this thread just to have some fun! Hope you have a great Christmas and enjoy the time with your family!
Way to go Wornout Wrench! It is good to support people making the effort to change! May the best of his past be the worst of his future. Have a great Christmas and a hardy thanks to all here for awaken a little used part of my brain for a while....I think I smell dust burning....does anyone else smell that?
No better Christmas present than that story. Have a great time wornout wrench!
I have no idea what a pak n pok is, but a kum n go is a gas station with hot dogs and burrito's on those little metal rollers, that you never eat, no matter how hungry you are. Word to the wise- being in mississippi, you don't get to wear insulated coveralls much, but try not to fart in them, its worse than it seems at first.
When I smell something "funny"... I blame the dog.
Insulated coveralls = f@rt bag with a zipper. But one thing to remember never trust a man who f@rts through pants that cost more than a pair of Wranglers.
So is your significant other dumb enough to believe that? Or does she just know your the bright one that keeps suggesting that it's the dog? Because I don't want to burst your bubble, but it ain't both. Our dog smells all the time, so no one buys that story in our shop. We try to keep the dog out of the shop....
Either that dog can really f@rt or you have a really small shop, now which one is it?
Long time ago standing in line at the grocery with a buddy and he lets one rip. Loud. He turns to the lady standing behind him and says deadpan- " was that you or was that me? "
She blames the dog too.
Personally I like to be pulling a transmission and dump one off while Gayle is working from the top through the shifter opening in the floor. It rolls right up around the transmission and collects at that point.
My kids used to hate it when we were driving down the road and I would ask them if they smelled wiring burning... sniff, sniff,... DAD!!!! They fell for it more than once.
This thread is getting a different kind of aroma to it now that wrenchy left
Dog doesn't really fart, she's just long haired and smells and sheds huge balls of hair everywhere. Short haired dogs are the best for shops. Sometimes you can tell the intelligence level in a room, by how quickly the conversation goes down to potty level humor.
A man who farts never tires so a man who farts is the one to hire. Intelligence has nothing to do with it and some are just above it all but don't mind when it's theirs that smell.
I wasn't aware that they produced any odor at all. Maybe the faint odor of a field of daisies.
Hmmm....great Grandaddy said the man with overalls was the man to hire. He will not spend all day pulling his pants up walking behind the plow. I guess times have changed and I have not been keeping up.
I suppose time have changed-I don't know of too many people walking behind a horse/mule drawn plow, I don't think anyone would work that hard anymore. And there is suspenders or guy wires.
In hot weather I prefer Carharrt bibs over full coveralls. Plus it's nice to be able to get your arms above the shoulders.
I never had but a couple pair of overalls, and one was insulated so I am going to say that would not count....I guess if my pants fall down I will have at least one excuse for it.
Ok, Guys, back to work. I need some advice. I have been really enjoying my D21 Komatsu, but I want more production, (I do have damb near an acre to take care of, after all). I decided to buy me a D12 Cat as a logical next step, but, when I looked on the interwebs I realized there are thousands of people who have run one, but none for sale. I didn't want to be that common, so, I am going to buy a D13 instead. I needed to be able to get it home, so I went and bought a 1953 Freuhauf 4-axle 16-tire lowboy. I went to camping world and bought a fifth-wheel hitch. I welded it into the bed of my 1999 4-cyl automatic Ford Ranger with my trusty 120 volt Harbor Freight welder. I hooked it all up and put a brick on the accelerator. After breakfast I checked on it and it had moved! Ok, now that I know it works here's where I need advice: I welded a pushbar on the back of the lowboy so I could add more power when it was loaded. Should I put the bracket on the front wheel bearing or the handlebars on my Schwinn AL1020 ebike?
You're in luck!!! I was reading some posts from a guy on one of the ebike forums the other day about using the vietnam clone bikes you can buy on ebay for half the price of the real chinese ebikes anyways this guy found out that the chinese controller was actually being made in italy for the same company that builds the vietnam bikes... so he got on one of the blackmarket vietkong bbs's and actually bought a copy of the original design schematics the chinese had stolen from schwin when they first designed the AL1020... I emailed the guy and he went ahead an sent me copies of all the designs Ok, so I looked through the files and found all the info you would need to directly connect the schwin or any of it's copies to most any dozer!!! the bad news is you won't be able to use your pushbar setup.... but from my calculations you would be able to reuse the steel tubing from the pushbar and fabricate a side mount ery similar to the original harley sidecar trunion mounts the best part of this mechanism is it completely eliminates all torsional stresses that would normally be involved with hooking up an ebike to a dozer such as a D13... or bigger!!! now it does have one drawback... you have to replace the stock vietnamese batteries with regular SLA batts with a amphour rating of at least 50,000.34 amps... this come out to about 40 batteries give or take... you might need more if you get the batteries from autozone as their batts are usually sub standard in ratings Oh and don't worry about the extra weight, this guy also sent me plans for an ebike trailer to carry the extra batts Oh, one other thing most of the guys on the ebike forum had tried the handlebar mount and found it worked pretty good but I'd say about 23 percent of them also rigged up a mount using 2 - 1 by 2 pine boards about 3 feet long with holes drilled in the ends to fit the front wheel bearing of the ebike and they were reporting at least 10 percent longer run times!!! so if you can handle some advanced woodworking I would definitely go the wood route
You need to contact Douglasco. He is your go to guy for acreage machines with two 80 ton excavators for his 3 acres. Overkill? not a chance, it's all about production baby! Well, I wasn't going to post any followup because I was a little disappointed by the naysayers. But my other recent thread(in skidsteers>bobcat/how to overide safetybar) has helped me realize that people around here need to be a little less scared. Recap, I bought two 80 ton excavators(actually shovels) as my first pieces of equipment. I have very very little equipment experience, but alot of common sense. However over the past 1.5 years, I also opened up a full machine shop(no machining experience) and have stocked about $500,000(msrp) in surplus hydraulics because I have realized the value of hydraulics and being able to repair and build your own ****. That is simply to say, I have recently acquired a small amount of knowledge about hydraulics and other not so gay/more useful things. But i've also been doing my real full time job in the meantime, so i still haven't had the time to get very smart. The PC650 and Ex700 were to move boulders and do minor excavating on my 3 acre property that already has a house on it, and its really only about a 1/4 acre project. But the boulders range in size up to about 100 tons. The machines weren't too hard to move. I hauled the buckets and counterweights myself and found a great heavy haul service to help me move the rest of the machines whole on 10 axles. Probably the biggest lesson was when I showed up with them and my HOA(home owners association) threw a temper tantrum. Just another lesson in stupid people. But i should have expected it, thats why i'm building a boulder wall between my property and the road. Once the big machines were here, i also bought a t300 and mounted a case 580b extend a hoe on it for the smaller work. I'm also about half way done building a smaller machine for the finish work which will be a cross between a spider crane and the mini excavator/loader units like you see more overseas. I'm currently looking for a telescopic boom to mount on the top of one of the shovels to make it into more of a Gradall/crane type machine. Something about 40ft long collapsed, hopefully 4 or 5 stages. It doesn't look like i'll find anything robust enough to handle digging forces(on a 100ton machine) so I'll probably end up building it from scratch when i run across the right material at surplus. Everyone gave me a hard time about the shovels because they have no reach, but for multipurpose work i think a standard excavator boom is also a joke, at least mine came with a (4in1 bucket ). Plus they always end up getting broken. The shovel boom maybe half the length but its usually still a little heavier- you do the math. I would like to articulate the the telescopic boom off the tip of the factory boom, so I have a very good range of motion and can reach over trees/buildings etc, and probably leave the factory arm and shovel bucket on for dozing work and as an outrigger. Before I decided to go all the way and get the shovels, I was working on plans to build a telescopic swing wheel loader out of a big farm tractor. I think I might pick that project back up. If the PC650 wasn't so heavy, i'd cut up the house a little and put some big planetaries and tires under it. But i don't think i could get away with roading it. The bobcat is great, but I think a little teleswing would be the best all around machine to have. If you don't know what i'm talking about google: ahlman tele90. Geez, there is so much bad@ss stuff in the rest of the world, that we just don't get here(USA). Genie, of all people, just came out with a new machine that would be nice to have, but i don't know if they are selling it here. I don't have the money or patience for a new machine anyways. Thanks to everyone who replied to my thread. I'll try to get some pics next time I move the big rocks. For now this will have to do. Oh, i'm also looking for a 70-120" tree spade I can put on one of the shovels if anyone knows where i can get one for closer to scrap price and rebuild. Or a good design of how to just mount spades on the arm and just push them into the ground. And some forks would be nice. Attached Files: a"> DSC02965.JPG File size: 90.8 KB Views: 2,492 DSC02996.JPG File size: 48 KB Views: 2,478 DSC03336.JPG File size: 100.7 KB Views: 2,478 DSC03352.JPG File size: 120.1 KB Views: 2,453 DSC03361.JPG File size: 106.1 KB Views: 2,469 Last edited: Oct 7, 2010 douglasco , Oct 7, 2010 Report #42 Like + QuoteReply douglasco Active Member Joined: Sep 8, 2008 Messages: 43 Location: DouglasCO Thats the driver in the first pic back there, i'm in the White tshirt. Someone asked how old i was in a pm, i'm 29, hoping to make it to 30. Attached Files: a"> DSC03375.JPG File size: 91.8 KB Views: 2,420 DSC03376.JPG File size: 90.2 KB Views: 2,431 DSC03377.JPG File size: 107.5 KB Views: 2,434 Last edited: Oct 7, 2010 douglasco , Oct 7, 2010 Report #43 Like + QuoteReply ziggy Well-Known Member Joined: Nov 28, 2009 Messages: 86 Occupation: unemployed Location: alberta A wee bit of overkill for a 3 acre property IMO.
With regards to the E bike dozer mods, for the homeowners who want the absolute tops, for their property, I give you the rocket bike. Discontinue use, if an unpleasant burning sensation is felt, down there! Which, of course brought this old classic ad, to the top of my youtube feed: Merry Christmas, endless nonsense thread!
Cool , a rocket sled. OMG I laughed so hard. There's a good argument for having the cart before the horse. Merry Christmas all.
Maybe we should give out marital advise!
Marry hot, blind, rich women who can't talk....
Oh my. I am sooooo sorry It's the pork salsa. It can make me a little gassy. Just checking in for a sec.
Ronsii, you forgot about blocking the suspension up on the Ranger. I would say some big air bags would work nicely, but who wants anything to go right? The best suggestion would be get some of those arm floaties like I use in the pool when swimming. Tape them on really good. Maybe you know someone up there full of hot air, if not, I can arrange to ship someone from down here.
Welder Dave remindeded me of something. I have been looking for a 6” bucket to do some small carport footings that will pin on a PC-1100 dash 6 machine. Mods, I do not know if this is the right thread to post this in. Please move it if necessary.
I would suggest looking for a 4.5 inch bucket instead.... reason being you'll have way more control to get the footing exactly as wide as you need them and also rocks usually make the dig-print of the bucket a bit wider anyways... so an extra pass of the bucket would add a little time but that's the beauty of using a machine more matched to the job like the pc-1100 would be and don't worry about dirt sticking in then narrow bucket I heard an expert operator once tell another guy that if you spray pam cooking spray in there it will not be a problem and any little bit that does happen to get stuck is easily tapped out if you have a 10/12 yard dump truck sitting near it... just band the bucket upside down on it's sideboards... that's what they are for anyways
Hmmm... Pam... Hmmmm
Oh yeah Ronsii! That is some good thinking! I have to ask though, What are these ROCKS you speak of?
Oh.. sometimes we just have nice topsoil or clay to dig through... Other times we get little bitty rocks... Then usually we get some that are a bit bigger than the small guys...
You do not see many of those around here!
Same here..... they usually hide underground heh heh
That job had 3-4 vaults 1800-2200 feet of conduit and a road crossing we were there a few days and dug up atleast a couple dozen of those big guys had a couple that were too big to get out of the trench and we had to skirt around them hundreds of the little 1-2 foot rocks.
I live on the flood plain from the Missoula floods, I am no stranger to rocks. Running pipe more than once I have had to dig a pit to the side of the trench to roll a big one out of the way. By big one I mean maybe 10-15 tons.
Might have been an option if we were doing storm or sewer but this was just a power service near eatonville so a couple 3 inch and a 1" if I remember right so we had a little wiggle room Plus the really big ones we came across didn't have a 'waterline' as we tried to go deeper with them so not sure how big they were but we weren't gonna spend all day on one rock
Mine were in the way of a 20" sewer line. You know how that works.
Sure... get a couple 20 inch fernco's and 15 feet of 20" flex and humpy dumpty... heh heh At least that's how Iv'e heard you do this kind of thing in the spirit of this thread
You guys need some dirt, Top soil depths around Colfax and Pullman can run over 300 ft deep, around Wally world 125 ft deep.
Back in 2002 I had 2 excavators picking rocks on a 30 acre farm up north of Ephrata for 90 days, scratch out a rock, scratch for fill, scratch out a rock... There is still a rock pile the size of a football field about 20' high. And all they can farm is hay.
Maybe they should start farming rocks...
speaking of large rocks, scene from Seven Chances-Buster Keaton.
That was always great!!! he had rocks that were a little lighter
. Now you are talking! That sounds like my kind of area!
The trick in Washington and New England particularly Rhode Island is not seeing them.
Rod weeders hate them.
You don't have to look far at home...
Oh, come on..... everyone around here knows the lizard aliens brought those rocks with them when they migrated to this planet!!!
LOL!
They used em for more traction.
I know I am super late ( on 14th. Page). I probably could have give you guys long saga of the reports on how I re powered,re pumped, re tanked, cleaned the heck out of the system on 100 ton Italian made Ascom travel lift, finally!!! But I was too busy, too frustrated and many times super pissed off to do that!!! I had to fire the customer in the middle of all of this, didn’t go there for a week, then finally came back and finished the job! Here is a picture of the two weeks old travel motor case drain filter. The yellow stuff on the brim is just soda ( they was soda blasting and painting frame while power unit was off of it)
Nice TVA Here's the last fuel filter I ripped outta the KW a few weeks ago.. Usually they're pretty clean - don't know what changed...
What the hell is that, rust dust slurry? Or some kind of bacterial sludge?
Looks like the goo I found in that crane fuel system a few years back.
Yeah, fuel I would understand, he said that's case drain. Evil **** is afoot in that thing.
My comment was for Ronsii's fuel filter. The case drain filter looks like serious water contamination to me.
Yep! That’s bacterial grows in the hydraulic oil, because of water. most of the oil was replaced with the filters two weeks prior, the only oil was not drained out of two slider cylinders on very top of the machine and motors cases. I pointed to where water was coming in to system to the owner and the welder who made the fluid reservoir ( they made lid flishbwith reservoir top and fastened with sheet metal screws, screws broke), but nobody paid attention to me. Two weeks later the main flow regulator in the valve bank locked up in bypass position ( because pumps regulator was fubar for last three years - the Brevini variable displacement pump was thrown in to full flow and HAWE valve bank was converted to fixed displacement/open center mode) - and that’s what prompted the whole thing in motion! Although they had brand new Sauer Danfoss pump and fresher Cummins 6B laying around for about 8 months! I think the old filter was plugged up so much that bypass valve was open constantly! And new filter started cleaning something! And that’s the result of two weeks case drain cleaning!
If that truck sits a lot - it’s understandable! If not - that’s VERY strange!!!
Finally got around to kinda get my service truck somewhere close to be sorta organized!
Doesn't sit a lot.... kinda varies some weeks it'll be moving 7-8 hours a day hauling from the pit... sometimes it'll sit a week or two maybe move one load.
Reminds me about telehandler I used to have! Water got in the fuel, and just like yours only worked couple times in couple weeks. Gave me a lot of grief, finally got mad, removed and cleaned the fuel tank.
We had a similar problem on a job doing a seismic retrofit on a high school in seattle, a couple machines were showing quite a bit of water in the fuel strainers and getting crud in the tanks when I'd fuel em' up... so finally tracked it down to the flatbed fuel truck we were using from the GC, someone had a threaded nipple that screwed into a recessed bung in the top of the tank that was used for filling the tank and apparently the guy they sent out to fill the fuel truck never even gave it a second though when he'd get done and spin it in a couple turns.... well we do get some rain in this state...
When I lived in WA (Auburn), I thought that was rain!!! But when I moved to Gulf Coast I understood that PNW does not get a lot of rain, but almost 9 months of non stop drizzle! Rain that what people who live on Gulf Coast and South Florida get!!!
I have had an epiphany!....a major breakthrough regarding this! Actually about 8.5 years ago I had another son. Son number 2 (for all you Charlie Chan fans) found something the other day and it may just very well be the lost ingredient here.
Yep!!!, that's just like the llamas I put in for my secret ingredient when I make the hot fudge covered pickles and corn that the guys in the shop used to love I kid you not... they would tell stories about those shindigs for weeks after it was all said and done !!! I remember one time in particular - it was a hot sunny day in the middle of august with world record heat waves going through the lower mason-dixon county well we had a guy bring in a catterpiallar 3607 it was kind of an oddball but cat still made a few of em' anyways the guy brings the machine over to the shop and proceeds to tell us that it ain't runnin' right! so I says to him 'What's wrong with it?' and he started talking about how it's not running on all the cylinders and how it's shaking too much and how it's belching black smoke... well he went on for what must have been 46 minutes!!! so while he was gabbing about I went into the shop to make lunch for the guys... you guessed it! the secret llama sauce covered ribs Mmmmmm, Mmmmmmm they're great!!!!!!! ok.. so I'm putting all the ingredients in the mixing bowl and I notice we're out of the one thing that it really needs... the llamas!!! Oh, what to do???? then it hit me we had just hired on a new kid that didn't know much so I sent him into town to grab some supplies including the llamas. So with him gone for a while I went back out into the shop to hear the rest of what J. Dingleberry was saying bout the cat he had brought us to work on... once I though about all the symptoms he had mentioned I remembered a bulletin cat corporate had sent out a few months after the put the 3607's into the wild - had to do with piston shift if you didn't install a special piston in the number 7 hole... so I told him no problem we could fix it and to come back tomorrow! After he left I had one of the guys drop the pan so we could get a look at the piston inner skirts and sure enough the special piston that had the upside down cat logo on the inside of the skirt had been put in the number 5 hole at the factory I'm just glad we caught it when we did, that kind of mistake could make the motor tear itself apart if run for more than 35.74 hours and the hour meter already had over 34 hours on it!!!! Anyhow because of the special design of this particular motor cat had commissioned Yugo international to design for them the fix was easy just disconnect the conrods ,drop the crank and switch the two pistons from underneath... didn't have to mess with the head at all so we got it fixed in less than an hour; just in time for the new kid to get back with the supplies and for me to finish making a late lunch. So I had finished cooking up one of the best 'llama lunches' they had ever had... that is according to my shop manager who wasn't shy about telling all who would listen how great the llama ribs were and all of the sudden Mr. Dingleberry shows up again and says he forgot to tell us a few things about his motor.... i quickly interrupted him and started to tell him it was all fixed when his eyes lit up and he headed for the lunch table, well he grabbed some ribs and started scarfing them down like a starving wolf after a few minutes of helping himself to our lunch he starts asking where the ribs came from, who cooked em' and could he have the recipe... I told him it was a secret recipe but he kept pushing for me to give it to him... he started offering money! he offered a hundred bux and I said no then he offered a thousand bux I turned him down again by the end of the day he was up to ten grand I guess he also owned some guatemallen taco stands and wanted to expand his menu or something???? anyways I wasn't about to sell out my secret recipe for money.
You can substitute Iguana for llama in a 10 to 1 ratio.
Going to need a little salsa for lube. E=mc2 will fail in the equation without approved Llama lube ISSN #OICU812 or equivalent. As a result the lubeless llama will become wedged hopelessly in the induction. Possibly leading to catastrophic counterweight failure.
Synthetic Gila Monster grease meets the equivalent spec, but that stuff is pricey and may not be legal to import in quantity.
The operator said he heard a loud cracking nose from somewhere in the back and found this. My friend who's a mechanic says that it can be fixed using a combination of 2-pack epoxy and duct tape. What do you guys think.?
"Gorilla Tape" is 75% stronger. And 3M "structural adhesive" is pretty good stuff for an epoxy. Bet you can get some Iguana in there somewhere too.
Couple passes of eleventy-seven otta do it. or Hit it with some FlexGlue, then FlexTape, then a can of FlexSeal.
I think I'd opt for JBWeld and gorilla tape; use a layer of tape per cm. of weld crack and two layers if it's a multipass weld over 3 inches long. The reason for JBweld is it maintains it's 3950psi tensile strength no matter how thick you need for fill most epoxies meet their max. tensile strength at less then 10,000 microns thickness so anything over 3.2 milimeters with a length equal to 5Xweldment overall nominal thickness would fail before the next windows version comes out. Crummy has some good suggestions it shows he's done this kind of repair before!!! most guys skip out on the rust prevention aspect of the repair in an effort to get it out the door fast So yes follow his advive with the flex products especially the flexseal to keep the rust producers out!
That special 1109 rod could be a real alternative. No weld prep required...
Well... yeah.... sometimes it's ok to use semi-conventional repair techniques but I know technology has evolved enough these days the the 'high tech' products can outdo most any of the old-school tried and true ways.
. Nige I think you better have that welded. Preheat it to at least 50°F and weld with either 7018 or 810L or 11018 and make sure not to let it cool to more than -100° inter pass temps and make sure to use bondo and put as many spiders as you can IN the frame before repair. They can strengthen up from the inside.
You might even want to consider some 6013 downhill. Oh, and while it is cooling post weld, be sure to flip it over at night as the earth rotates and gravity will be pulling from the opposite direction.
The spiders will feed the Iguanas... Why didn't I think of that?
I wish I was in Tijuana Eating barbecued iguana.....
I'm on a Mexican... radio...
Where Nige is located, the spiders eat the iguanas. Is that a truck. If so I'm surprised that any operator could hear the crack over the music playing in his head phones.
My bad... Blocker is right then. The spider silk reinforcement will be that much stronger.
He's baaaaackkkkkkk Okay then. We have gone from Pork to Llama to alpaca to Iquana in the salsa. I had a thought at Christmas that maybe I should be using turkey, but that would be just silly. I mean really, turkey salsa... That is just weird! But this talk of Spiders has me thinking. That might be the magic salsa ingredient. But I was also thinking. If Pi isn't squared but is in fact round Corn bread should be round Is cheese cake really a cake, or is it pie. I'm sooooo confused...
You're confused? Heck, I already fixed everything once before. I told them when I fixed that excavator boom last time, to just take it easy with it. I know they put that 18 yard bucket back on it and went back to breaking rock. You can't tell those operators anything. Don't they know which end of the grease gun to use? Don't answer that. I used my upsidedown underwater welder super rod last time, burning off my lincoln short hood. Never use miller welders, they are junk. I think the temp sticks we had were old (I was worried about my preheat), and my 6013 seemed a little flaky on the rod, but I put it in the wife's oven for a couple hours (should have heard her yell about that). Nothing has gone right for me since I started closing my eyes when welding, the batteries have just gotten too expensive for my auto darkening hood, and Harbor Freight hasn't dropped those nice new chinese helmets down to $9.99 again since 1987. I won't give good $ like I did back then, when I was working pipeline. I suppose you just as well unbolt that boom and send it back to me. If it ever gets through the canal (its gone downhill since we gave it back to them, don't get me started on that), I should see it through customs sometime next november. If you pay off Tony and Vinny to see it from the longshoremen. I'll start burning joss sticks now, it should all work out this time. Maybe I'll just fishplate it all like I was going to last time. They wanted some stupid "enginnered" drawing. Whatever. Make sure its here before Christmas next year, otherwise I start getting festive and nothing gets done.
uh oh, you have triggered tijuana limerick 1.0... I once knew a girl from tijuana who loved to smoke marijuana but once she was high she would whimper and cry until I let her pet my iguana! Oh and speaking of er iguanas:
You guys are so behind the times, this proves welding rod and rivets are a thing of the past use this stuff and the repair will last.
Exactly what I was getting at!!! I mean if boeing can tape and glue aircraft together and most of em' work pretty good then why should we be stuck with hundred year old processes like welding
Don't know iff'n I'll get in trouble fer this, so heed my warning, DO NOT PLAY THIS VIDEO!
That iguana thing sounds kinda tasty and if what was mentioned before is true about the 10 to 1 thing it would be a heck of a lot cheaper to keep plenty on hand for big shop cookouts!!!! So.... I wonder if there are any tips I need to know??? like are there differing kinds of iguanas for regular cooking or smoking... or are they like a one-size-fits-all kinda of food staple? Guess I'll have to do a bit of googling iguanas.. heh heh
No weld prep is always a good thing in my book I see so many people waste countless hours on weld prep when they could have just gone to harbor fright and bought one of those wirefeed 110V welders and get professional results if they had only done the tin foil mod to the main circuit board that I saw on U-tube... it was so simple even a kid could do it!!!
https://images.app.goo.gl/89TBeLRFPtJ2X9Hn6
I see you guys are still at it! LOL
Just sharing the knowledge I've picked up since the advent of the interwebs...
Tips for welding a cracked boom 1), don't waste time cleaning the area off. If you run your welder hot enough it will just burn through everything 2), if you run out of rod, an old coat hanger will work, just bend it straight. It might stick an spatter a bit, but with practice you can do it. 3), lube your welds. get some old grease into the crack, once it heats up the weld will flow much easier. 4), cool the weld. Once it gets good and hot hit it with a hose or a 5 gallon bucket of water
If you don't clean using LOTS of brake cleaner how do you get the phosgene gas that is essential for protecting the arc and tempering the weld?
Welding after using the wrong brake cleaner could potentially kill you! That wouldn't be funny.
My father would have taken one look at that flex-glue guy and said: "Don't listen to anybody with a ****-eating grin".
Be careful googling iguanas. I hear they will bite you for looking at them funny. “Amazing instant grab”.... PLEASE! All the shoplifters say that! shoplifters....
Had a friend that was teaching a boy how to weld. Boy got frustrated with arc blow. Friend tells him to hold the next rod tight in his hand and pull through his glove like he is wiping water off it. That pulls any magnetism out of the rod BEFORE you start.
Of course if you have a shorthood you do not have to do any of these crazy tricks....crank her up and give her a rod and go take a nap in the truck. and I want my first shorthood to look like this one!
Ever see one of the Hobart Streamliners from the 40s? Farmall all the way. At least the engine and sheetmetal.
I have seen pictures only. That would fit my style a little better!
You guys need one of these bombs for your cutting and hacking. I knew of a machine shop that still used one in the early 90's.
TS, I need that on the truck. I saw one advertised on CL a couple years ago. Pretty obvious the selling only knew it was an antique something. Boss lady shut down driving a coupe hours to get it. I have learned to stop talking as much as I used to.
I can imagine that would be great sitting right at the back of the truck by the air tank/bumper right between the eth....I mean tire seating aerosol and the gasoline cans on the other side, right above the chain dragging the ground to reduce static build up
I don't think those generators cared much for sloshing around.
No Biggie!!! just make up a gimbal type mount and suspend it with some of that bungie rope stuff..
You don't need to be mad scientist/rocket builder when you have one of those generators. The Ford dealer in {Ellensburg WA my old town}-back in the 50's had one of those blow the roof and part of the wall out of the shop on a Friday night late. One of the old Ford mechanics told me about that one .
If you want a gas generator, I gots one fer ya! Only problem is it generates methane...
Just like our beloved farm animals....I will stick with the animals. They have way more rational thought parameters.
RZ told me that methane is the way to go to save money on bottled ***-I mean gas.
We need some of these for that problem^^
Those things only have two ingredients that are still readily available and then a filter and regulator.
What about GIMBAL LOCK????!!!! Tom Hanks even had trouble with that one!
The bottled *** or bottled gas?
Well, you know what state my welding truck has been in the last year!
Blame the dog...
And here we are back blaming the hound dog again. Dog wasn't doing anything but eating pecans minding his own business.
I did not know you could bottle one of those you listed. Maybe have to put some thought into that before answering.
That is plausible....that more than meets the criteria here!
Kinda like the circular blame game How'd we get back to blaming the poor pooch again anyways??? Reminds me of a little kerfuffle we had back in the placer mine operating in the snoqualamie foothills a couple decades back... We had this cook that was 1/1024th purebred shoshnie indian with a little blackfoot in him and he would cook stuff up that you couldn't even pronounce the names of he had learned from his great, great grand mother on his dads side of the cousins tribe in Wenachee... Well the chief as we liked to call him was cooking up dinner one day and the guys were riding in from a hard day of work out in the hills digging for placer gold and some of the guys were wondering where his dog was cause they hadn't seen him doing his usual scavenging around the chuck wagon when they rode up to camp... anyways one of the guys walked up to him and asked where Lassie was... and the chief just flat out told him Lassie was too old to do his job anymore so he made dinner out of him so his doggy spirit could help us one last time!!! Well... Benny thought that was just awful and started yelling at the chief and hitting him next thing you know the chief has Benny in a headlock with one arm behind his back holding a rather large skinning knife to his forehead and screaming some apache war chant things!!! I though for sure Benny was about 1 second away from being scalped!!! and all of the sudden the chief's grandson came running up and said something like KIMOSABI UNNGOWA and right then in that instant the chief dropped the knife and went back to serving up poor ole Lassie.... Wierdest thing I ever witnessed I tell ya'.
17 pages.!!! 3 to go..
But now it's a new year so do we have to reset the counter and start back at one again?
Shouldn't you still be in bed? Even though you celebrated new years a hour early, I would have thought you'd still be recovering from your revelry. I've heard retirement is nothing but one long party party party..... so I figured you'd been out all night cutting a rug with the missus.
Oh no the word is out kshansen is a rug cutter extraordinaire. It would help if he didn't wear sharp shoes.
DOH!!!!
I think we can easily handle a restart on the counter. We need another good push like the ebike question which we most certainly solved every conceivable aspect of.
Ahhhhh yes.... the infamous e-bike inquiry There has been so much ebikery done by so many that don't have a clue as to what they are doing that nobody really knows where to look for decent information regarding ebike power supplies or even ebike battery packs for that matter... So I started doing some ebike goooglfuery and found that most of the batteries that commercial ebike manufacturers use come from a little known country in the middle of southeast lower asia near the 43rd parallel... I also came to the conclusion that this is because of the califirnia proposition 65 laws and their included loopholes put there by certain politicians that own factories in that region no surprise there eh' The good news is you can still buy most every component direct through the internet via ebay,amzn,or even direct if you search for them and at prices that will allow you to buy several for the cost of what buying just one here local would have cost!!!
15' tall tumbleweeds closed Washington highways? What the H E double toothpicks is going on out there? Between rampaging nature and all the UFO sightings, I'm not sure about leaving the house. https://katu.com/news/local/monster-tumbleweeds-close-washington-highway-trap-cars
That was on 240 between Richland and Vernita where you guessed it Hanford is, where five foot tall jack rabbits and 18' rattle snakes live. That's happened before out there during windy situations.
Ahhhhh, nothing a match and a molotov cocktail won't take of pretty quick heh heh
Really it's surprising that any tumble weeds are left out there with the fires that happen each year.
The major news outlets are are hurting for {BREAKING NEWS} if the only thing they have to cover is some tumble weed piles.
Truth be known we did go out for dinner on the 31st and didn't get home till around 3 o'clock! Well that was 3 pm on the 31st!
Maybe try flashing with more voltage? A old Lincoln SAE300 might have enough power to do the trick!
If that don't work get one of those arc-pig things and put inline to boost the initial electron flow it is a sure-fire way to flash electronics!!!
Ronsii is right! It is vital to use high frequency when trying to re-excite something like that. You want as many horses at the gate as you can get when the race starts.
YEP Go BIG or go home....
Maybe you guys should try looking through Nikola's notes or look him up on a ouija board.
Man oh man you ALL got it wrong, its all Doppler effect. Can't see that forest for the trees Doppler Effect!! You know like the Gravitational waves crashing across the power grid and draining batteries Doppler effect!!! Took me twenty minutes to catch up on this post after all the laughing and trying to blow my drink out my nose THIS IS SOME FUNNY ****!!
YEP LOL, and if you notice in truck shop's post it's predominantly BLUE.... this is a prime example of doppler shift!!!! basically the color shift is telling you that his post is traveling much slower than you are in relation to the gravimetric pole displacement of the earths rotational forces so you might not be able to see it after a while....
I have quite a few tesla books covering lots of stuff
Well there is the problem! The 43rd parallel inversion hypothesis clearly dislocating the middle of southeast lower asia causing a complete and total parts chain failure!
I am pretty sure it is at least contributed too by a phenomena called "The Ellensburg Blast" it occurs once day, everyday. Doesn't last more than 24 hours usually. Native Ebuger's seem to not notice the effects. Prudent newcomers usually clutch door handles or other heavy objects so as not to have to join the munchkin guild, or suffer having their hair blown off their head.
My buddy has a Town Car, do you think will that work? It's pre-emissions.
Yep you hit the nail on the head, The wind starts at sunrise and stops at sunset. The good thing about it is f@rt's don't hang around long in that town, the gas is blown to Grant county and accumulates in a cloud causing a blue doppler effect.
The Town Car will work just as well as long as you braid all the wiring harness clockwise after stripping all the insulation. Save the insulation and pull the car on top of it to protect against errant radio waves emanating for the dinosaurs moving in the hollow earth this time of year to avoid the pole shift. You will only need to make one lead out the wiring harness. You want AC power coming from the car, so be sure to select that on the operator’s climate change interface inside the safety cabin. Do not worry about a neutral wire. The excess electrical ions will pass back to the sacred Tesla tower site and be routed through the new wiring via the government’s super high speed underground train tunnels to the factory location in Southeast Asia where it will power the grinder for that guy in the torque wrench less rebuild so that he may repower the one truck that the factory uses to ship new batteries down the trail to the big boat.
How does that go? It doesn't blow in Ellensburg its that Yakima sucks? Something like that.
My brain hurts. I think I pulled something.
See, all this time I beloved that the doppler shift was for aging light in the distant galaxies. Oh wait that is Red Shift. So if red shift approximates age and blue shift judges power usage from the sun to find the Illuminati’s annual party, what is POWER SHIFT? Is power shift the American version of the German Auto Shift?
Some things just can't be explained. Like a Thermos that says it keeps liquids hot or cold. How does it know to keep it hot or cold??? Far more mysterious than the Caramilk secret. "Do you ever wonder where all the farts go? They go into the atmosphere and form the Fart Zone. It's just above the ozone layer. This is why we must protect the ozone layer. If anything happened to the ozone layer, all those farts would fall back to earth. And NOT on their original owners." - Steve Martin
AKA-Yaka Vegas
Double clutch or float the gears?
Back is school when they had “that talk”, at the end did you take the red pill or the blue pill?
And I still blame the dog.
Find and grind? No wait that is Star Bucks I am thinking about.
Oh I know which ones are mine alright!
Since the beginning of time people have blamed their beloved pets for 'occurrences' that were not instigated by said pet and yet the poor little defenseless pet just sadly took the heat for it... didn't whine... didn't make excuses... didn't get even... just went about being a beloved pet But now there is an organization to even the score for your pet!!! LERP - aka. Lawyers for the Ethical Reimbursement of Pets, We seek to 'Make things right' for years of pet mental subjugation!!! and anything else we can think of to help your pet's psychi recover from years of human training infliction disorder. We will get the most monetary comencation that is allowed by law from the pet owner!!! and this will in turn allow us to go after more pet owners for justice
I will get back on this in the morning. I have had the battery for the ebike in the freezer all week trying to get it warmed up enough so that I can change the oil. But I have to tell you, I am a little worried about that star Betelgeuse. All that talk in the papers about how it might be going super nova. Will this effect the anti-gravity motor on the ebike?
Only if you are in the Southern Hemisphere...Northerners don’t need the anti gravity feature.
O M G!!!! Just do not let that E'burg wind force anything this direction, we have enough to deal with as to farts in a whirlwind here!! As to Yakima sucking do they have a load of management down that way, could explain a LOT. Wrench you haven't got that damn thing floating in the back room YET? Been ALMOST a Month!!
Just gotta find a right time to collect some wind for that Blue Doppler shift and try to send it west!!
Ellen'sburg? Why are you people dragging my first wife into this? I didn't even know they named a burg after her!
With all the problems you are having with this have you considered re-powering it? If it's got the SAE400 bell housing a 3406 or BCIII or a 19v-82T would work. If you get a pre-'99 it would be ELOG exempt too. I suppose it would also depend on whether you have a pin grabber or wedge lock. Just thinking out loud.
Using my "buddy's" Lincoln is out. I asked him and he said "Ha Ha Ha! After what happened the last time you worked on my stuff? No way Jose! Click" . Talk about a fair weather friend. And my name isn't even Jose. I've got three phase in the shop, I'll see what I can rig up today.
BURN THAT BABY DOWN!!!!! More Power to the Shields!!!!
WARNING!!!!! do NOT use 3 phase power!!!!! you have to rig up a couple of rotary converters and put one leg of the second converter back in parallel with the first converter so you will have a 5 phase system with overlapping time dwell on the sinewave -- this is very important to properly charge ebike battries from something other than a single phase homeowner power source.
Well, I'll tell you what. I know it has been some time but I am dealing with the metric version of amazon so getting parts can be a bit of a pain. Plus I think certain people on this forum have been trying to steer me off in the wrong direction. I ask a question and get an answer here, but if I look on the interweb thing I can always find a better, cheaper answer. Alpaca's.... hahahahaha
Do they make the 19V-82 T in a TTA version. Now that would be sweet. Question. Do you think it could be converted to run on methane? All this talk of Farts has me thinking again. If I could find a way to harness all the farts that have moved into the atmosphere, or Yakima, I could have energy for a long long time. Not to mention the side affect of eating some of that pork salsa. Still a bit gassy from it.
And I just want to quote retirement rule number 365-A.2 The best thing about being retired is on January 1, you don't have to worry about writing the wrong year on your time card for the next month
I don't know (shocking, huh?). I did haul a load of Unicorn Farts from Yuma to Williston once. It was that or post holes but you need tarps to haul those on a lowboy.
Here's a solution for where to store all the farts. It's not being used anymore so would be ideal. If they can contain helium, farts shouldn't be a problem. It could be run by the Federal Fart Foundation, a not for profit stink tank whose goal is to comply with the 2025 Fowl Fart Act legislation. Anyone over 65 who donates farts is automatically listed in the NOFR (National Old Farts Registry) and receives an official scented poop emoji in appreciation of their flatulence. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Helium_Reserve
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of converting the ebike over to methane power. My wife tells me that this is a no brainer as apparently there is a natural supply in our house. Not sure exactly what she means. I have looked around but can't find a supply line. Found the natural gas, the water line and the electrical coming in, but no methane. I think she is starting to loose it. But I have another issue popping up right now. We had exactly 2.5 minutes of snow today. Well not really snow, more like snow and rain mixed together. I'm not sure how the methane bike ( we will just refer to it as the Mbike now) will work in the snow. I might have to convert it over to tracks now. Does anyone know of a decent supplier that has a set of 16" tracks for sale that will not cost a fortune?
TEK screws like the ice racers use?
You're in luck. If the farts are collected and stored in the old helium facility, pipelines are already in place to pump the highly potent methane where it's needed. Just don't tell the environmentalists. If there was a leak there would be a big brown mushroom cloud that could wipe out millions.
Well I suppose I could, but I really figured that I need something much more heavy duty. First, you have to understand Vancouver Island Drivers and SNOW (shudders) The island is not known for its snow. We do get it but only on occasion. We can get crazy dumps where life as you know is stops, but usually not much. But what we do get is magical. So Your typical island driver will do one of two things. 1) about end of november have 4 snow tires installed 2) forget about it Snow hits. It may be 2 feet or a mere 1/4" Insanity wins, everyone looses their minds. Our snow is usually pretty wet, so first tracks are fine. Everyone else after is on ice until the city wakes up and gets the plows mounted. So it snows. You get into your all wheel drive vehicle with the worn out all season tires on it and head off. Hills, HA...Just floor it. So studded tires or tracks. I'm sure a few other Island boys can back me up here. Donkey Doctor HD Mech Blk Prince Someone Anyone
If I found a small enough bulldozer I could take the tracks off of it. I see lots of posts about how to take the tracks off. Torch, big hammer. track press. Anyone ever tried dynamite? Or better yet. How about if I go out and buy about 600 laser pointers. focus the beams so that they all hit in the exact same spot. I'm sure that would blow that nasty master pin right out of the track with little to no work. I might have to patent that idea. So I never said anything and you guys never heard it. Right..
I would recommend some homebrew plastic explosives... I know what you're thinkin'.... that would be illegal!!!! Well.... it's kind of a gray area It's perfectly legal to cook up your own formulas's just have to be careful that when you do the activation that there isn't an 'enforcer' anywhere near heh heh...
Wow.i think (that hurts) that I have wandered into the loony bin
Well, I have been saving up all of these plastic bags for recycling, I guess I could try.
Well you're off to a good start with those bags the real trick is gathering up enough methane to fill the bags then compress them until it liquefies once that is done you have to add a few chemicals that are readily available on the internet in small quantities you 'll need some nitirc acid some liquid glycerin and potassium nitrate as a cutting agent.
Come on in, shake off your skin, and rattle around in your bones...
Them damn post holes are a biotch to strap down! I lost half a load of 'em, once, they rolled around and became potholes, in PG county! County religiously fills 'em, every 5 years or so, but they just roll a little, and are back in no time!
Well, I can see it all now. “Wonderful new Mbike enthusiast achieve nuclear fusion by reaching sustained criticality while experimenting with lasers and some heretofore scientifically unknown form of SALT.” What you going to do after becoming king of the universe? As far as hearing things, I am fully prepared to testify as to “hearing” nothing. May the court please provide expert testimony as to the actual definition of the word “hearing” from a talking dictionary?
Oh wow! That sounds about as hard as trying to haul sailboat fuel!
King of the Universe Hmmmmmmmmm I think my first decree would be to ban pork salsa Seriously, Nasty..... But that would affect the operation of the Mbike so maybe not.
Actually you guys need a Hydrogen Separator for your project, you see farts are made up of a high percentage of hydrogen. Case in point-Back in 1979 in a German hospital two doctors tried to cauterize some hemorrhoids inside the colon after surgery using a electric cauterizer . The patient exploded on the table. Fact
I'll sent some of our politicians over, their brain farts are enough to confuse any measuring device in the universe.
Seatwarmer, Hate to bust your bubble but your politicians are no different that 99.9% of the ones found anywhere in this world! Now if we could somehow find that 0.1% and start cloning that we might have a future to look forward to!
Well for a scientific measurement the test needs to be performed on the east coast, where sauerkraut dogs are consumed by the millions on the west coast it's been found corn dogs are the favorite. The patient that blew up on the operating table had eaten 4 kraut dogs the day before surgery.
Not sure what record you guys are going for, but you have managed 400 posts of complete BS and nothing. LOL
Nothing. What is nothing? Nothing can't be nothing and must be something but as I'm talking about nothing and not something, I have nothing more to say.
Now that’s a mouthful.
Sad sad day. took my wife to her dentist appointment today. thought that while I was waiting I would just walk down to the nearby bakery and get one of their very delicious cinnamon buns. some heartless b*****d bought the whole tray. THE WHOLE TRAY I’m telling you. When I become king of the galaxy things like this just will not happen anymore.
This whole lotta nothing has gotten quite a bit attention, not any worse than the D6C lost power post!!!
We can't lose power now.
MORE POWER, NEED MORE POWER SCOTTY!!!!!!
I have been having fun. I did something to my foot. Irritated the bursa where the Achilles tendon attaches. Hurts like a good thing and making it very difficult to walk. When I do walk, I'm up on my toes like a woman in high heel shoes. I suppose I could borrow a pair of heels off my daughter. Nah, best not go there... All this happened right at christmas so no doctor visit until the 27th. Ibuprofen and rest the foot was the answer. So I have been pretty much glued to the couch, just a few short trips here and there for supplies. So between Youtube, Netflix and HEF, have managed to keep my sanity, well if you want to call my mind sane. Oh and the Pomeranian, don't forget the Pom. He is loving it, lots of lap time with the old man. He is missing his walks, have to just boot him out into the back yard for a bit then he is back on the lap. 8 pounds of fluffy love. Ya got to like it.
That might just happen WE are having a major wind storm right now. I'm waiting for the power to go out. You were talking about electricity right?
Meh... I dunno… A whole tray of maple bars would have set me off, cinnamon buns not so much. But's that's just me.
I'm not sure you understand that what you think I said is not what I meant
Oh My Gosh. Going back to the Pom. All 8 pounds worth. So yes, getting very windy out there. Some pretty good gusts. The Pom wants out, so down the stairs we go to the back door. Out he goes, lifts his leg and a big blast of wind comes along. Poor little guy just about did a 180. The look on his face. No waiting around outside today, it was back in the door in about 4 seconds.
Maybe he needs an anchor line in the yard
So, you all have me a wondering about this ebike/Mbike fad. I was thinking this morning while driving in the dark in the rain (man we have gotten some rain if anyone needs any that was just from the last day and it has rained lightly most of the day) that one of those bikes would be the best for getting around on a day like this. Since I would probably get used to try one out, I naturally started by looking at parts availability. I of course am not bothered with simple things like the undercarriage (since at last reading you guys are promoting tracks) or any of the drivetrain because of all the wonderful in-depth information supplied here. What is puzzling is that I have had no luck finding any body panels. This could be a problem. If I have to hand make body panels out of 1/4”? every time the top breaks out of a tree when I am clearing that could be a downside. No seat belt replacements either. Going to have to keep it off the MSHA jobs I guess. What about servicing. I mean what if the seat wears out and you need that line bored to accept another nice air ride seat. Also, I guess we are going to have to fabricate all my own attachments. I think a front, rear, and right side 3pt would be handy along with a front end loader on the other side for balance. Side end loader. Maybe even a good old fashioned overshot loader. Going to need an excavator boom off the front so I do not interfere with the scraper pulling capabilities. The future seams very bright and with this rain there is going to be some time for scheming.
Free shipping included?
Just to let everyone know who has been waiting on the up date of the Sunbeam MixMaster, UPS delivered the parts just before supper today! Parts had to come from Great Falls Montana, in case anyone knows where that might be! Now if I can work some free time into my busy schedule in the next couple days I hope to have some news to share on that project!
Did they by any chance get my order of UniOil mix with your order. I'm still waiting for it.
I'm really liking the way you think. Of course an excavator boom would be a great option. But if you want to set it up for pull loading scrapers I think we will have to go with twin motors. Have the 19V-82TTA up front and a 3710 in the back. The twin engines will definitely burn more methane so back to the pork salsa again. (Oh god )
Pucker power.
I am thinking of splurging for the anti gravity Detroit really. You know the scraper pulling game is hard on power units. I think all you have to do is pull the blower and mount twin suckers and twice pipes with a nice striped tan, brown, and hot tan 70’s paint job with a nice Naugahyde interior and a Ward-Leonard controlled extra-spatial intra-dimensional proportionally activated CVT power shift with the dash mounted push button auto shift feature.
Always wanted a dragline too. Now is as good a time as any. Maybe I can put it on the middle scraper.
I think "Big Bud" had most of that plus 8track tape. Plus Your choice of Detroits.
So did the Rome’s I wish I had pictures of that custom Big Bud that was built to pull buckets. The front scraper had a power unit and powered axle.
It would have been pucker power on the water today. Most of the Ferries had cancellations at some point. One never even left the dock today.
I didn't know they made anything fast enough to pull a scraper. I got to road a 450 with an 8V-92 and ZF pulse trans back to the shop... a whole 13 mph. I bet it would pull though.
I need to drag out pictures of my old Rome and put on here sometime.
So you go out and score an old Insley or something like that I'll bring the Mbike down We rip the power plant out of the insley and mount the Mbike. Of course if you want me to pedal its going to cost ya. And I don't work cheap. I would have to forget metric And your from Mississipi, bet your Salsa is hotter then the metric stuff we get up in Canada. I just had another brain storm. What if we shipped a few truckloads of HOT Mississipi Salsa to Canada. We could spray it on the roads and melt all of the ice. Probably wouldn't take much. I wonder why nobody has though of this before? We could make Millions. Wait, what is the exchange rate right now. Hmmmmmmmm
Yes spraying the roads would work great!!! in fact the ice would be melted for at least a month with just one application but we tried this in a small township located on the mexico/canada border once and the unintended results were all of the residents in the town would go out to the road after dark and get on their hands an knees and be licking the roads for a couple of hours so the next day if it snowed there would be a bunch of 4-5 foot round frozen spots where the snow would stick!!!!
And that is the very reason we need to promote the mbike industry! A person could readily dodge those frozen spots with a mbike!
Sorry no unicorn oil in the package but parts were wrapped in bubble wrap so not sure what is in those bubbles, don't want to pop them too close to the wood stove!
I think you may be too late on the Naugahyde interior! Last I new Naugas were considered an endangered species and not allowed to be imported in the USA. So far the Vinyls are still allowed so you can go with that option!
Maybe I should go with the crushed velvet option then. Velvet pictures are really the highest quality of art work anyway.
I'm wondering if they froze the UniOil until it vaporized, captured the vapor in put it into the bubble wrap. So if you get it too close to the fire it might just condense again. You might want to be very very careful with that. I can't remember if it is extremely explosive or just slightly explosive. I'm leaning more to extremely since it has to power up the battery.
Nawww, just the Ramsters and then only by direction from higher authority
I hadn't thought about Naugas being hard to find these days... used to have a buddy that had a Naugafarm, he always led me to believe it was kinda like raising sheep and you just sheared off the extra layer of hyde.... you guys don't think he was just telling me that because I had given him a few Naugas that were my very special pets... do ya'? Now that I think about it about a week or two after I gave them to him I visited his farm to say hi to my little guys and didn't see them around so I asked him where they were and he told me they ran away.....
So I was browsing my favorite aisle in the book section and lo and behold what I found. This should be helpful to this thread. Yes I like the coloring books. They are the best to listen to in audiobook format....up there with “American Prometheus” and “The Fish That Ate the Whale”.
Right on Blocker!!!! yep the person that designed that box cover must be a true llama salsa connoisseur alright!!! only the diehard llama cuisine fans would know about the association between llamas and sloths there are probably only a couple hundred llama chefs that know the true secret to mouth watering llama dishes.... that being thin sliced sloth lightly sauteed then baked over top of the llama strips on an open flame just to sear it and seal in the flavor... Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm talk about melts in your mouth good I see they also know about the llama-corn I once had a guy threaten to kill me if I ever revealed the secret of llama-corn oil...
And if you wrap the llama and sloth in bacon, it takes the cuisine to a whole new level!
You forgot the baked beans for more compression.
Someone mention Beans????????? The Other Fuel of infinite volume!!! Perhaps could convert the Ebike/Mbike to Methane fuel and fart the machine into the future!
Bacon, the kitchen's Duct Tape
That is a perfect post with the username you have ! In my world beans release compression.
I guess if we are going to go with the Methane route, we better start writing up an "Air" schedule So where would we mount the "Wet" tank
If up your rectum would know!!!
Well don't know anything about llama and sloth wrapped in bacon, but do know that ground Alpaca meat sure needs to have ground beef with about 20% fat content added to it if making a meat loaf or used for Tacos! And if you have any Alpaca chops or steaks and you are going to try eating it better use a good marinade to tenderize other wise might be better used to repair boots.
Might be better to chew a shoe.
My inlaws emigrated to Canada from the Netherlands in the 50's. I met my wife in early 77. The first time I was invited over for dinner and we sat down for a nice meal of shoe leather was pretty special. To this day I am still not sure what it was Could have been chicken, pork, beef or even alpaca. No idea. All I know was it was darn near incinerated, tough as shoe leather, a light shade of black. Served with about 10 pounds of boiled potatoes, extremely well done cauliflower and a bowl full of the grease that was rendered off what ever poor animal that was in the pot. Not gravy, just the grease with some butter added. Yeah... Can't say that I have ever seen a dutch cookbook.
Bacon says he likes anything that is in the kitchen!! On a side note, I walked into the kitchen a couple nights ago and Son#1 was putting together a 1000 piece puzzle on the kitchen table. Sticks, the little black dog, was patiently sitting beside him waiting to eat puzzle pieces. If it is in the table it must be food, no?
So I see that my Pom isn't the only dog that likes to spend his time on Dad's lap LOL As I type this the little beggar is sound asleep on my lap. I would get a picture but my phone is on the table and you just can't wake him up now. That would be just mean.
Was speaking to a Ozark DISTANT cousin and this came up. His Brother's ex wife's daughter was going to marry his widowed Father who was also the ex of the ex wife's mother and she is expecting a love child by another cousin, what will that child end up as in relation to the first cousin??
Here's a dog toy sure to please. https://www.amazon.com/Poop-Emoji-F...8X67ST3EBWE&psc=1&refRID=4ZHF9DWP28X67ST3EBWE
Ahhhhh Errrr Ahhhhh Is this the situation where you wind up as your own grandfather???
I think he's been reading too much out of this thread...
Holy Crap, if you will pardon the pun. $15.95 US amazon $50.81 CDN amazon, plus $20 shipping. guess not today...
You can't put a price on 25,000 farts with a lifetime warranty! Now about that warranty if it is ever required. Do they send you new farts to replace the missing or defective farts? What is the criteria they use to determine a defective fart? How do they ship flawless farts effectively? I'd bet it's strictly UPS. Do they give you a tracking scent so you know just where your new farts are? So many questions.
HEY Vetech63 23 pages and counting. Drum roll please.....
You guys are going at it all wrong first you have to build your own BBQ, then cook some steaks and have a baked tater. Then think about where this thread will end up.
Dang, now I'm hungry
Ok, you bring some steaks, I'll bring some steaks, and we meet in Walla Walla?
How big is that grill, JY you listening!!!!
I don't remember how big it is, I can cook 10 ribeye's on it at one time real easy-probably 12. There is another grate I can put in the middle. It's built out of 10 gauge and some parts and pieces from other BBQ's. That spring on the vent is a detent spring from a Eaton gear box. lol
This is HEF, Monty Python version.
So I was just sitting here thinking about the “Many World’s” theory that there may be in another parallel universe a world just like this where Blocker in MS is typing these very words with a dog named Bacon lying right beside him but Son#2 did NOT just come and say there was a half eaten marshmallow stuck to the floor. If we imagine that this is true and carry the thought experiment out farther we reach one of the infinitely many correct conclusions that in another universe just like this there is a Blocker in MS typing these very words while a dog named Bacon lays beside him and there is no such thing as Tier 4 emissions. If this might be true, then there is a universe in which you only have to go outside and exclaim in good faith the correlation of giant tumbleweeds blowing through the NW and the proximity of the Hanford site in relation to the red shift of the sales of the hit single counting blue cars when viewed through the crisp clean air provided by the methane converted ebike factory in Central Asia and you might open the correct Einstein-Rosen bridge to see the llama loving sloths and through aid from Ronsii, keeper and chief chemist of thy Holy hand grenade, attract the attention of the sloths from their perpetual BBQ and illicit them to carry you to said universe for the price of a nice new Canadian dog toy bought from precedes from the sale of your bountiful pecan crop, for you to proceed to said universe under the watchful eye of our very own Master of the Universe whose prolific fortitude made possible such an inter dimensional trip by sharing his discovery of sustainable fusion technology after attempts to dislodge a particularly pesky frozen track master link pin using only laser pointers.
That is a very proficient statement. I really cant add much to it. Other than saying that "when I blame the dog" sometimes he has it coming.
LOL.... of course the other innumberable parallel universes that contain tier 3529,453 and counting are even more interesting.....
You know when it starts off with " So I was just sitting here thinking " that it is going to be good.
I had to settle for oven roast chicken, mashed potatoes broccoli and gravy.
I was just looking at the dog pictures again. I like dogs. I like cats too. And Ice Cream, yeah I like ice cream, can we go get ice cream. Can we. Can we PLEASE. Oh sorry, got side tracked. So back to the dog pictures, I like dogs. Er, I mean it looks like you have the new organic charger for your Roomba, works off of a dog. The roomba will dock itself to any dog that it can find that is stationary for a period of time. How do you like it, is it worth buying?
Ice Cream-Tillamook - Malted Moo Shake and Marion Berry Pie.
That is the wife’s roomba to be totally clear. She loves it and I am glad. We have a thing about not buying gifts. Her birthday is a week before Christmas and our anniversary is a week after, all in the rainy no money period of the year. This year she wanted some special rubber boots. I ordered them about a month and a half early and told her that I got Sticks a motorcycle shaped dog bed that costs whatever the boots , not to be confused with THE BOOTS , cost so she would not become suspicious. After years of subliminal indoctrination I think I pulled off the factor of paying over $100 for a motorcycle shaped dog bed when Sticks really does not seem to care much about motorcycles. I gave the boots to her as soon as they got here a month and a half early. I think it is time for some ice cream.
We have a Roomba. Love the little Ahole. Why is he an Ahole, because he is one of the stupid ones and he keeps getting stuck and knocking the dogs dish over. Other then that it works good. My wife is no longer able to do much house work. I hate it so the little robot runs around and vacuums up for me. One less thing on my list. Oh by the way, his name is Artie
To answer your question, she really does like the roomba. It does not suck as much as a proper stand up sucker, but it sucks enough not to get the serious sucker out as much. Vacuuming sucks. I try to avoid it. It angers up the allergies. I am allergic to cats and dogs....no really!! The cat likes to turn on the robot sucker at odd times when I am pretty sure the Robotic Houseworking Machines local 100101 demands over time. She will randomly catch the sucker in odd positions and try it off as well. The cat does not care for ice cream though. The dogs enjoy ice cream very much however. It is not uncommon to hear a very polite distress call from some unusual place from the robot sucker exclaiming it’s prejudice about being goosed by the cat while trying to earn a living. I am waiting on the harassment suit when the machines become self aware. I firmly believe a summons will to the cat will be the first sign. I will keep you all posted. Has anyone had ice cream yet? The roomba works good. The washer and dryer do not. The roomba gives scheduling for the wife to work in extra starching of the work shirts like I enjoy. If my shirts stand up on their own, sometimes it spooks the dogs in the middle of the night when they go for water or even me if I go get ice cream for some midnight lunch. It was well worth the money because I have forgotten how much I paid for it and the wife is happy and she is awesome and the one how makes the ice cream come from the store to our house.
I did not know they had names so I asked. Ours is named “Radar’s enemy”. Radar is the cat that harasses it. It is also British and female. The sucker is British and female. The cat is a southern millennial protagonist.
[Raises hand] What was the question again?
If bull **** was music this thread would be a brass band. Bob
If ******** was speckled this thread would be flocks of guineafowl
I think with all the talk of beans and methane, it would be more like the wind section of the band.
Anyone want more beans....???
Pretty much anything
And Nothing!
Now dont go a gettin all uppity, there, Ronsi!
LOL!!!! Reminds me of a story my grandpappy's niece told her mother's brother's son's ex-wife to be neighbor he had heard from his father brother... they actually based this movie on it.
No questions on this one, just answers.
The E-Mbike has been giving me too many headaches lately. I might have to rethink. How about steam? Nige, you have any thoughts.
Not certain would want a Steam Pressure vessel so close to Jim and the Twins!!!
I wonder if they considered heated seats and handlebars for folks in the cold a## climates .
Answers? I want some answers! I can't keep a watch in one piece. I don't like metal bands, I like a simple face with hands and a light with a leather band. I end up needing a new watch about once a year, after destroying them in various ways. Usually they are okay for the first 6 months after purchase, then they start going downhill. I have a little tupperware container of spare parts. That usually gets me from 6 months to 1 year. Then I have to "borrow" a little cash from one of the kids piggy banks and head for the store. The new "timex" aren't what they used to be. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking my ***. What's a guy to do? I used to use a "rotation" policy, new watch for church, old watch to work, old, old watch to trash can (after the decent parts go to the parts container). I'm down to single watch territory now, and it has kinda a diesel/ grease aroma about it, which is distracting at times. Newest one is less than four months old, I've already done the band x2, and the pins once. I've got the best of the parts out of the container installed, and I'm thinking I won't even last six months with this one. My kids said to ditch the watch and just use my phone, but why would I want to dig out my phone, swipe and unlock, just to read the time, when I can do the same thing with slightly tilting my wrist? And don't suggest one of those high dollar Fitbit/ apple gigawatches either, we're on a mac and cheese budget around here, not steak and shrimp.....
Gave up on decent watches, actually have a RELIC self winding watch I wear when put on Sunday go to meeting duds(Seldom). Whatever I have done to myself over the years if I buy a cheap electric watch it locks up at around a week, sent one in ONE time for warranty, denied as to "Been Subjected to a Severe Magnetic Field" that was at the Nuke and I suspect being around the main generator was not so nice. Still die at same rate so thinking picked up some funky magnetic signature and am stuck with it so quit on watches.
Same here, I must have hundreds of watches here and there... parts.pins,bands,etc.... I used to be a watch connoisseur always on the bleeding edge of hi tek stuff....but I'd be lucky if they survived a month!!! so when the first cel phone with a clock built in came on the scene I quit wearing a watch - haven't looked back :0) although if they keep making these 'smart phones' more n more retarded I may ditch the smart phone and then I'll have to think about a time piece again.
I used to get the Velcro straps but they only last about a year. The replacement straps are over half the cost of a new watch. I like the digital watches but trying to figure out how to do all the things they do is almost as bad trying to figure out the new smart phones.
The question needing asked, is where are you guys wearing your watches??
On the wrist, what did you think? I feel like I'm missing something without a watch on. Stuff happens all the time and you don't think about your watch until after it gets in the way.
I started with one on my right wrist.... but they would fall apart in a week or less then I switched to left wrist... last a bit longer but still get beat up or smacked into some immoveable object... or snagged on something and ripped apart afetr a while I got smart and started putting them on my ankles They actually lasted a long time although would still get smashed when I was using my feet to 'move' things but this really didn't work too good for knowing what time it was... as I had to bend over and try to see the dang thing on my leg... so then I started putting a watch with a half-band in my front pocket Well... mixed results again had to reach in and try to find the watch among everything else that gets put in the pockets... plus it would still get smashed now and then when I'd need more body weight to move something so.... it's just a pain trying to keep a watch on me... If I'd wear a hat or cap I suppose I could stick one in it... but I just am not a cap kind of guy...
Toward the last few years I wore one was watch to the Inside of my wrist, seemed to last a Little longer but not much. When I wear the self winder still wear it band to the outside.
Had a foremen on a job one time that got a reputation for telling the scraper herders what time it was by looking at the sun. Got to be a big deal. He would always take his hard hat off to shade the sun and check it’s position in the sky. He would get down to the minute. It was impressive until someone noticed the small travel clock he had stuck in the top of his hard hat.
After a bad experience with a metal watch band and electricity... I went to a pocket watch. 'til cell phones.
Yeah!!! , I did that more than once warms up the band pretty durn quick!!!!
And Twisto-flex does not offer a "non stick" band. 40 years later I still have a batch off little scars that look like RR tracks.
Around my wrist also, the band isn't big enough to go around anything else. I also am a left hand inside the wrist wearer. And those of you really paying attention, will notice today is not the 15th, even though my watch says it is.
Never been a wearer of watches myself. Not smart enough to read digital and eyesight not up to reading analog. I can believe they would be hard to keep up with.
Pretty easy to read this one. Real live railroad grade from 1947. Belonged to a great uncle that was a Milwaukee railroad engineer.
That is pretty awesome!
I haven't seen and Elgin for many years. My uncle was an engineer and had one of those he only wore to work. Thanks for the photo. I can still wear a watch now. Years ago, when I was cutting line shovels apart with a carbon arc and welding them back together, a watch would last a couple of months. I got in the habit taking the watch off and hanging it on the turn signal stem in the truck. Hanging it there was automatic when I got out of the truck. It got where I would forget where I put it, sometimes for days or maybe longer. Finally the wife caught on and started treating me like someone who didn't remember the glass were sitting on the top of their head. She'd ask, have you checked your truck. The watch I have now is about three years old. I don't think they make them any better but they do last a lot longer on the turn signal stem than on my wrist.
That steam bike looked interestin, ride the rails, and pick up cast away coal, fer fuel! If you get it with all the options, you could have a hot dog and a cup o joe, steam heated, waitin at the end o the ride! As far as watches go, I just use my ultra modern flip phone, to tell time. Last watch I owned was a $5 pocket watch, from wal-mart. It hung from a belt loop, front right side of my pants. always gettin in the way and bangin on stuff. I did it in, one day, when I was movin some 16+' long 1x12 poplar boards(green). I would slide a board offa the trailer, grab it in the middle, then turn to go up a step, through a 36" door, then turn and stack, in the tobacco stripping room, attached to the barn, needing the boards. Had my RH pointer finger layin on the face of that watch, as I stepped up the step, on the way to making the turn, as the glass face imploded, neatly inserting the last knuckle, into the watch face. As I was movin, I kept movin, and made the turn, and the watch or board shifted, turnin the face of that watch into a pencil sharpener-like cutter, neatly removin alla the hyde, from said knuckle! Painful, to say the least, could see the gristle and bone, before the blood came. Once it started bleedin, I couldn't get it to stop! Then I remembered I had a old bottle, of horse gentian violet solution in the barn. Put a drop of that on it, and what I thought was pain, jumped up to about 10-fold! Stopped the bleedin, but I about passed out. still use that stuff, on cuts that won't stop leakin, but are too small fer 3-4 stitches!
You can always get a clock necklace. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...gWndx1NglrwUawReGxQYa1j8oNX93eU4SaLlsdyUbl1Bu
This talk about watches and especially DMiller's mention of his self winding watch reminded me of a problem my older brother had. Won't say who he worked of but he could have probably bugged your phones when he worked there. Anyhow he was given a fancy at that time self winding watch but he could not keep it running! Guess flipping through reports and writing new ones just was not enough movement to keep it wound up!
Have to be moving a LOT to keep my own wound.
Actually got it out and wound it up, dragged the wedding band I will NOT wear when working on machinery and the "Dress" watch the Wife MAKES me wear to fancy shmancy events. Self winder actually a FOSSIL but made by Relic, use it when Riding distance so can see what time it is without pulling phone out.
Guess I should show the back side. 21 jewel BW Raymond movement. My jeweler tells me it's worth a buck or 2.
You still have that steel sliver in your little finger.
I forgot all about that. I guess I did post that pic before.
This just appeared on another forum, I visit:
Steam generated by a fresh Unicorn dung heap ?
Old watches are a work of art, and a testament to a forgotten skill. A while back a lady on craigslist was selling her fathers old watch repair business, file cabinets full of parts.
My hands too big, too clumsy for that level of Fine Detail work!!
That's one of the best uses for genuine unicorn oil!!!! it rejuvenates the hand muscles, nerves and tendons Many people don't know this and it is kind of a secret but if you have a source of good fresh uni-oil go for it!!!!
You'll need to have genuine Saskatchewan seal-skin bindings to keep you from getting thrown off by the tremendous acceleration of steam created by fresh unicorn dung. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1276720722366869
Just like the two buzzards standing on the power wires when they first see a jet airplane go by. One says to the other "Look at that thing go!"... Other one says "You'd go fast too with two burning a--holes!"
Oh- we're on to buzzards now! Two buzzards setting on a power pole, one turns to the other and says "Patience hell, I'm killing something."
What do buzzards in Kansas eat? Carrion, my wayward son....
Buzzard at the airport ready to get on the plane, with two dead possums. Check in agent says "sorry, your only allowed one carrion".....
I was beating some poor piece of heavy equipment into submission once with a 20# sledge when a salesman walked in... he said "nice hammer" I said "I do watch repair too".
And on the other side of the coin I was beating a pin out of something one day, had an apprentice helping. I sent him off to get a big hammer, he comes back with a 10 pounder I asked him if he was planning on fixing a watch, now go get a HAMMER He comes back with a 12 pound. Oh come on. His eyes just about bugged out of his head when I got the 20 pound out. We had a 30 pound at one place I worked. You didn't really swing it, you just sort of dropped it and hopped you hit the target.
Had a shirt with a buzzard, "Patience my azz I'm going to kill something."
So I have been sharpening my slide rule with my pocket knife trying to do some calculations this evening concerning some shipping. My O’Reilly’s flux capacitor is being delayed and I am trying to forecast an accurate arrival time by dividing the red shift of the emission of the tail lights from the shipper when delivery was made on my last component divided by the current north American weather patterns and accounting for the average fuel refilling times and hoping there were no unscheduled maintenance problem on the delivery truck. I know the old standard is 50 mph when determining travel time, but this driver is immensely productive due to his experience and I figured on him making around 51.47635 mph. Sound fair? So my major problem is someone offered me a “great” electric toaster out of the back seat of his pickup the other day for free! Can you believe that? What should I do? What is the customary period of time to think over such an offer. So the other problem is that I have lost the ring to attach my wife’s surveyor chain to my slide rule for accurate measurement. Does anyone know the specs? This would really speed up my mbike project since I could blueprint everything and have less “field verified” fabrication measurements. Also, I am running into problems storing the fuel for the flux capacitor without having sufficient access to enough rod drying ovens to keep the atmosphere from destabilizing some the previously delivered fuel. The lightbulb in the refrigerator truck does not seem to seal well enough. I have tried locating some liquid nitrogen, but the dairy industry has been almost non existent for several years. I think this is because of the insurgence of almond milk. Whoever decided an almond was a mammal anyway? Hopefully the country of origin legislation will go through and stop some of this confusion before they start totally switching to the “new math” and we have to go to Canada and switch over to the metric system. Wow it is so much easier that I do not see why we would even need the new math. The Bigfoots get along without it and it is rare that they even encounter a sour llama in the wild, much less need to find a trailer to humanly haul them while running farm tags and no e-logs. I tried to ask Sticks so I would not bother all you guys with this. I think he needs more RAM though. He seems to have crashed a hour and a half ago.
Cooper is on the job mulling this over. If I get an intelligent answer, I'll let you know.
I never understood hoe they milked the almonds. Every time I tried, they just got sucked up into the cup, and jammed up the milker...
Are you sure you had a milk breed and not meat breed? The meat almonds are far more common and derived from the Indians cultivating what they called the omelette tree. That the milk breeds were developed after Desoto came over and gave Louis and Clark some cashew trees. Once Johnny Appleseed discovered grafting and mixed cashews and almonds we got the milk almond. If you look closely you can tell by the ears. Milk almonds have a larger ear and less dewlap.
You can actually get milk from the meat breed almonds(alameata) new advances in feedlot genetics have developed hormone modified glucose injectorly grains that when put in the diet of young alameata they will develop almond milk glands(squeeziaries) that will yield 95.82534 percent of what a regular milk bearing almond puts out
Squeeziaries! That is perfect! Somehow, subconsciously, I have known this was the proper term all this time!
Where are you wornout wrench?
I'm here. Dealing with the weather. Vancouver Island snow is no fun. We got over a foot and then some rain. Have you ever had to shovel wet cement? Then it froze again. Digging out my elderly neighbors and the young couple across the street. They just had another baby, middle of the night during the snow storm. And another snowfall warning up. And as I am typing yet another warning popped up. Have also had some kind of a flu bug and a good friend of mine just passed, he was only a few years older then I. Has got me in a bit of a funk. Just some winter blues setting in, I will get over it in a bit. And the darn bike shop ran out of tire chains for the Mbike.....
So I had a fellow employee (rest his soul) of Dutch heritage who jumped ship in NYC in the 50's. Moved to West MI where quite a few folks of Dutch ancestry live. Married a lady of Dutch ancestry and got his citizenship. Worked as a laborer in the County Road Department. He was a draftsman when I started there. He had 5-6 kids, wife who stayed home and so was quite frugal (as the Dutch can be Back in those days, we all wore wrist watches, it it was not unusual to take them to a jeweler to have the movements cleaned. Since we had a full service garage back then, motor rebuilds transmission rebuilds etc, he thought I'm not going to give the jeweler $2 to pop the back and "clean it". So he goes to a mechanic, borrows the smallest screwdriver, maybe a tiny pick , pops off the back, grabs the air chuck, gives the back a short burst of air and blew the guts of the watch across the shop. If only there were smart phones back in the day. The look on his face was priceless. He also always changed his own oil. Waited until the local Farm Fleet had an oil sale and stocked up. I think it was fall, but a cold day. He took his cans of oil and put them on his wood stove in the family room so the oil would run out faster and get every drop. He goes out in the garage for a few minutes. You know where this is going. The paper cans with the metal ends expand until one pops. The oil hits the stove and catches fire. He realizes there's trouble when he sees lots of black smoke. Fortunately he lived in town so the Fire Department got there to confine the damage to the family room.
Hope things get better around there!
Guess that explains steak almondine, too!
How do I protect my condos?
Condos? or condors? One flies, the other has flies in it. What are we trying to protect it from? Tumbleweeds? Cause you guys got all kinds of problems with those out there. Could you just light the piles on fire? If its about all the drone sightings in kansas, colorado etc., the gov't looked into it for us and- well, there's nothing to it at all. So all you folks just rest easy, move along, nothing to see here, there's nothing going on out there.....
TS, we really do not want this thread to be the source of confusion or anything other than cold, hard facts. Please tell us what are threatening your condos so that we can eliminate any guess work, and I am sure we will come up with at least one clear solution.
Buzzards.
That’s right good Comrades! Keep your head in the trough!
HeavyEquipmentForums
WA has a condor problem? Better check with Cali. I think they figured out the condor problem. Do you guys still have the owl problem? Has anybody ever put bikini’s on the owls? That usually boosts population numbers.
This may be a top secret problem. It says I have insufficient privileges to answer the condo problem. As I see this it has a very simple solution that applies almost universally to many problems. The answer is subtraction. Here is my math: 1 problem minus 1 problem equals no problem! I am working on the peer review of the proof. If this gentleman would include the dispersal of his condo from his possession his problem would be gone. There are many common sense ways to go about this. There would fire, demolition, sale, sub-lease, hazardous waste declarations, spotted owl sightings, condor residency, and many more fun and satisfying solutions.
Mobile security would be the best bet backed up by CWS (canine warning system) Cooper is a security expert (at least when the UPS truck shows up) He doesn't do Condos, but is pretty handy with the house and motorhome vicinity. Just the other day he chased a stray cat for better than a quarter mile.
So with the present snow coming down, we have a good 14" on the ground. I had to take the Pomeranian out. 14" of snow vs 12" of dog. Funny. But it got me thinking. Since the bike shop was out of chains why not harness the pom up and get him to pull the Mbike around. He has always wanted to be a sled dog, so why not.
Actually... you can get one of these doggy treadmills and do a simple hack to make it power the EMBike From what I hear they work great!!! but is best used with 6 packs of dogs so you can run one pup for ten minutes then switch him out this way he gets 10 minutes every hour to help you get around!!!
https://preview.redd.it/6zvjmddi2he...bp&s=bd6acb3804ce55276845346f6c9e6b118efb0585 So cold in Edmonton they had to close the ice castles.
Any of you actually ever owned a dog that would use something like that? I never have all of mine would be completely freaked out by it and would be terrified of it
Pom's aren't afraid of anything you just shove em' in watch em' go!!! With other 'scardeycat dogs' you may have to make them get in... one way or another... just making sure they're more afraid of you helps a lot!!! I had a buddy that tied to start a nut milking business back in the pre-lactose days, he borrowed a bunch of money from friends, bunch of money from the bank and also had some of his own money saved up. It all started one day when some slick pinstripe wearing nut milking machine salesman showed up at his door... at 3AM.. I had to figure this guys stuff was **** because who else would try and sell something at 3AM??? anyways Harry bought half a dozen milking machines a full machine loading nut conveyor system, nut barcoding and tracking system plus a couple of automatic nut feeding and breeding systems In the first week things were going pretty good he was making product the nuts were all doing good, things looked great!!!! BUT... just a few days later a winter storm rolled through and knocked the power out with a bad surge!!! it was awful as the machines were all running some of the nuts were in the breeding machine they were so crispy when he finally got them out you couldn't tell one nut from the other a dozen nuts on the milkers got sucked flat!!!, all told he lost 62 percent of his nut herd... it was a bad day for the nut business
Our CWS has been down for half the week. Monday morning my mechanic asks "have you seen the dog?" Sure enough- no dog. He calls the pound, they don't have her either. The dog catcher knows what our dog looks like, because people call about her, when she's sitting up by the road. He tells them to leave the dog alone, that's where she lives. Dog catcher calls my mechanic the next day, our dog is on some facebook site, She's in Fayetteville AR. Which is a good hour and a half to two hour drive away. Family was here in town on vacation, saw the dog up by the road, and dognapped her. Guy with our dog (nappper) "What do you want me to do?" Mechanic "Bring me my dog back." Napper " But we're all the way in Fayetteville" Mechanic "Don't care, she was here when you stole her" Napper " My wife is worried about the dog's living conditions" Mechanic " " Napper " I crossed your locked gate and walked down to your shop- saw the bowl of dog food by the door, but no one was around- so we thought she was a stray dog" Mechanic " - What did you think the dog food was for?" Napper " We weren't sure- also did you know- she's female and hasn't been fixed- and she has tangles in her fur" Mechanic " - - If you want her fixed, take her to the vet and get her fixed- Just bring back my dog. " Sugar was dropped off this week, with a bag of designer dog food, a new collar with "sugar" on a tag, and my mechanics name and phone number on the other side of the tag.
You know your boot has mud and grime on it.... i like my boots to be shiny at all times and it only takes a couple seconds to wipe those things clean also I notice your boot does not have a name tag on it if it gets lost nobody will know who's it is... I would suggest you get a personalized name tag for it and put your phone and address on it ... better safe than sorry
Just the other day niece posted to Facebook about school closings due to snow and one of the clubs canceled was the ski club! Reminds me of another friend who had planned a scuba diving day with some one but they called to cancel because of rain!
Glad Sugar can not talk or that post would get blocked, that look says it all!
I'm sure everybody around there knows who that size 15 belongs to!
The POM is not afraid of anything, as long as I am with him and holding onto him. There is a Bernese mountain dog living at the end of the street, goes by the name of Bear (of course). Bear weighs in somewhere in the 100 pound range. Linden, the Pom is 7-8 pounds depending. I think one of Bear's paws weighs more then linden does. When out for a walk, if Linden sees Bear in his yard he will throw himself at the fence and try to eat his way through to get at Bear. Meanwhile Bear is just watching the little flea dog. It is pretty much like trying to walk a piranha. Ronsii, would you have the name of that salesman. I have been trying to find those computerized ear tags like the cows have, you know the ones that tell the farmer the cow's ID number and such. I figured that if I ID'd the heard of almonds I could keep track of which ones were producing the most milk and the duds could get recycled into M&M's
I have no idea how that mud got on my boot, I'm a crane operator, I'm not supposed to get dirty. Must have been a stray puddle between my truck and the cab. I'll try to do better. I don't know what look you are seeing in her eyes, but I assure you, its not intelligence. The smartest thing about that dog is her new collar. A year ago, she got into the habit of only barking at one thing, her reflection in any vehicle's paint or chrome clean enough to see herself in. I parked the Western Star out back during the worst of it, so she could spend the rest of that day out there, barking at herself in its front bumper. All day long. She's grown out of barking at herself, now she will occasionally bark at a vehicle- if one of us is around. Nobody around, she isn't bothering to even look like she's working. Lays on the hill in the grass, or kind of strolls around. If she was human, she'd be a blonde supermodel. Lay around all day and be mobile scenery.
And another brainwave. Thinking about the Hipsters and their love of coffee but with strange things like almond milk or oat milk (didn't know you could milk oats too) How about if we genetically alter a coffee bean with an almond. It would be all in one, just brew and go. I might just have to suggest this to Starbucks, I'm sure they would be interested. But don't any of you guys say anything It was my idea first. Just forget that you ever read this.
That would require some plant breeding the hipsters would label as "Bad GMO". I heard one the other day talking about "Bad GMO" as if it's a plant breed all of it's own. Huh? Apparently "GMO" can be used for everything from clothing to cattle feed according to this dimwit. I wonder where they are growing "GMO", does it require a lot of electrical power and "special" lights?
Well that is an easy fix. I will just have it labeled WITH NEW IMPROVED GOOD GMO. Or NO ALMONDS OR COFFEE BEANS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING They will never know the difference. I just finished shoveling the remnants of last nights huge storm they had the warnings up about. About 2 inches of slush. Man is that stuff heavy, I hate it. Right now it is raining and a major melt going on. I have been cleaning the storm drains out but the slush keeps plugging them up. It is like a shallow lake on the road in front of my house. So I thought as a reward I might just go to starbucks and check their menu out, see if I can come up with a plan. I would take the E/Mbike but since no tire chains and I haven't gotten around to building a harness for the Pom, I guess I will drive.
What we need around here is HEMP MONEY! That idea should take off with the Starbucks crowd! Wornout wrench, suggest to them bamboo coffee while you are there. That seems like something that they may buy also. Catch you later my brothers! I have to go shampoo my man bun.
Blocker said "Catch you later my brothers! I have to go shampoo my man bun." Right... Ahhhhh Errrr You win.
Nah, can you image getting one of those things under a welding cap?
You lot with all this progressive thinking caused this:
Progressive thinking resulted in radio, radar, splitting atoms, and Euclid dozers. LeTourneau was a progressive thinker. I am not sure what lead to that last picture, but it would not fit into my term of progression. You could not call it the opposite either, because this was never in our past to regress to. When the free spirit is unrestrained by the common wisdom of the past. Maybe the drugs are becoming cut too much. After all, if my memory of history serves me at all, the last great notable subculture in this country created by the unsatisfied rebellious youth created things like Jimi Hendrix and the Summer of Love. Maybe I will have to settle for being two counter cultures away from current.
You have to remember there's always a group that names things what they are not... kinda like the government and naming it's departments... like education...
Oh you mean like me....and operator Ronsii? one good thing about this new movement, and most likely the other I mentioned, is that these new age ideas seldom show up in the seat off road. That gives us here some time to “accept” or whichever path we choice. I have seen a couple guys around with the rings in their ears. Earrings are fine I guess if someone wants them. I am not going to judge these people with pipes in their ears either if that is what they want to do. I sure does seem dangerous in many work environments to have a 1” hole in your ear. It does make me a little sad to see onion ring ears. I am not sure of anyway that will be good for anything in their future.
Oh yeah, see that kind of thing all the time... not for me but if that's what they want to do it's their choice There's one guy works for a buddy of mine and has one of those big rings in each ear things must be 2inchOD!!! I always want to put my finger on one and give him a yank
Ok... back to the main problems at hand the way I see it EM bikes will not make it to main stream use without some sort of push from the powers that be... yes that means the politicians and lobbyists and no matter how much llama juice we add to the mix it won't help the underlying strategy deficit shortcoming in the actual makeup of the planning of EM bikes on a worldwide scale for our neighbors and friends that like to develop these EM bikes. So we need a comprehensive plan from start to finish that entails every aspect of the actual modernization in manufacturing of the accessories for the EM bike lines we wish to use. The first way to accomplish the second problem is simply push more money into the ancillary machinery being used to produce all of the standard parts the EM bikes use so we can lower the overall cost of each part even though our total cost will be higher, this will limit the outstanding loan amounts and thus the interest payouts on extended EM bike development series machines and actually give us an unseen profit in the technical sense even though we are still operating at a net loss each quarter
Maybe just get Elon Musk involved?
Great idea!!!! Hey you know they could name the bike after him.... The Elon Musk Bike or EM bike for short The publicity alone could raise millions!!!!! I like it
I think the logical next step is to vote in shareholders for this venture.
I just peaked back in here! And I can honestly say: you guys need to go back to work!!! 30 pages of mostly nonsense?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!?!
Hey those pages are a lot of work .
Ha-ha!!!
Hey Blocker, where are you in MS?! I’ve been working in the Pass non stop for a few months, driving from Mobile every day!
Come on.... get with the program.... a hundred words or more!!! per post Give us your ideas on how we could better market the EM bike??? or maybe how to streamline the assembly line process?? maybe offshore it - you know like manufacture it on a barge or something...??? any ideas are great ideas
Oh god, you have no idea how much work. My brain was hurting for days So was my stomach, but I think that was the pork salsa.
I live in a very mild climate, our version of cold is maybe -10 C and that will only be for a few days. So question for guys living in the colder climates, do you see this. I can't imagine having a bunch of jewelry hanging from my nose or ears in -30 or -40. I would think it would freeze pretty quick.
The EM bike will need to have a forged unobtainium frame for lightest weight and to solve the highly complex engineering challenges. I'm sure Alcoa would be more than willing to donate their time and resources just to be associated with such an unbelievably ambitious undertaking. The likes of which may never be seen again! To save time they could forge about 100 at a time to keep up with what is sure to be a tremendous demand. The price is right, the bike is beautiful and the press is ready! https://www.cleveland.com/business/2012/02/alcoas_50000-ton_ready_to_go_b.html
Wow! you guys wanted a wacky thread one just just got started with Elvis in it.
Maybe Elvis can give me some advise on how to turn on your woman. My wife says my approach is severely lacking LOL. I guess I'm a master of turning her off!
I read once where you need to do something sexy to a tractor....
Whatever you do don't get Chip Foose to design it. Isn't it ironic that a guy named Harold Beaver wins the least sexy tractor in the world. He's probably so wishing he would have won 1st prize instead of the grand prize. JD's most popular tractor turned into the most hideous. Hopefully he's OK with being single the rest of his life. http://agwired.com/2010/09/22/harold-beaver-wins-john-deere-chip-foose-4020-tractor/ https://jalopnik.com/the-chip-foose-john-deere-4020-hot-rod-tractor-sucks-gr-5485921
Sexy? Tractor? Is my name being called??
Giggle, snort...
Welder Dave has a very good point. Maybe we should even develop our own material. We could combine the light weight of carbon fiber and aluminum with the heat resistance of titanium and throw in a little inconel. Carbon Intitaninum! We will have to patent a welding process for this. Better call Feildres. YouTube him if you are not familiar with him.
I wonder if Alcoa would let us rent their press on weekends and holidays? Maybe nights too? If you have a press like that, surely you can press anything that was pressing to be pressed in the press during the daytime with no stress on you or the press. We could negotiate rates for power usage at night as not being during peak hours and get a good discount like all the fish farmers here.
Wait... Wut? now you want to use fish for the bike frame?
No, only the bones. They are essential for the fiber in the carbon fiber. You cannot use chicken bones. It has been tried. Chicken bones are too dry and will shatter when pressed. Fish live underwater almost their entire lives so their bones retain more moisture. That is how fish float.
I thought it sounded a little fishy when he started talking about 'borrowing' the alcoa press and 'negotiating' fish style screw that!!! There is always an opportunistic employee that needs some extra cash
Well... at least you didn't want to use 'milking almond' bones.... they are way too brittle!!! that would be nuts!
You may be on to something Ronsii. Bribery! That helped the pirates out. Almond bones are much too small. We will never make production being that tedious.
Remember... it's not the size that matters!!! it's the quality... or quantity.... something like that
You mean quandary? That is a good word for this discussion!
Bacon drools. He was watching me eat supper a couple days ago. I stepped it his pool. My foot is still wet I think. Yes I have had a bath or two since then. Still wet. Surely that stuff is an untapped source of lubricity. We need to factory that into this situation.
Just a thought... Sharks have no bones, just cartilage. Much more flexible than bones, plus they have shark oil... Who wants to farm them?
I think it would all good without the tee-fees.
A Pirate shark oil farm for the ME/Bike. I am sooooooo in.
Who gets the de-too-fin job? Any volunteers?
Don't worry I got plenty of chainsaws... I know how to handle a good sized shark
If you got pliers, I'll watch.
The EM bike is the brainchild of Professor Darwin A Holy of the Scarborough Heights Institute of Technology. Professor Holy and his crack colleagues at S.H.I.T. have retained Scotty and the entire Star Fleet academy exotic materials team to develop the material for the EM bike. They had considered using transparent aluminum, like was used for the whale tanks, but early stress testing revealed invisible cracking that couldn't be detected with an electron microscope. Deals have been struck with UPS for sourcing the exclusive brown paint for the completed EM bikes.
I bet it really bites, to change the shark's oil, too!
Hey, if we start farming sharks for their cartilage and oil for the ebikes, I'll get lots of leftover shark to eat! I do love me some fresh shark!
That might get me arrested lol
I had a very interesting talk with my life insurance guy today. I was thinking that since we are all fairly like minded we should look at buying some group life insurance, get a good rate on the premium and all that. Things were progressing along very nicely. I was explaining about the Ebike. Ebikes are a big thing now, I could tell that he was like an old hound dog with a scent, sniffing around getting excited. We talked some more and the conversation took a bit of a turn when the topic of salsa came up, I don't think he was understanding the concept properly. But that is okay, it is a bit technical. Unicorn oil had him a bit dazed. The plutonium had him noticeably nervous I offered him some Alpaca Salsa to try to calm his stomach down but he declined. Strange? Once the subject got onto the Methane bike, his stomach seemed to calm down and he quit twitching. Anyways, to make a long story short he has agreed to insure us. If there is enough interest in the group plan I will get the complete package out to you but here it is in a nut shell For a mere $20,000 a month you will be entitled to a death benefit of $20,000. All funds are in USD except the payout, it will be in CDN. For the guys or gals that are going into the shark pens to milk the sharks, they will incur a slightly higher premium. For them I have negotiated a $30,000/month payment for a $10,000 benefit. Pretty decent right guys. So all interested please email me [email protected]
Sounds like a tremendous opportunity as long as the death benefit includes the obituary in the local paper. Have you priced out what that costs lately? The last thing you want to do is burden your loved ones with the outrageous cost of the obituary. Instead of condolences reading RIP, they'll read GRYCB (good riddance you cheap b*****d).
Could be a windfall coming soon that could lower insurance costs for this venture, plus reducing the need for contact with the sharks Blocker already captured. The news has been reporting a temperature drop in Florida resulting in Iguanas just dropping out of the trees for the catching. Now to tie this all together... If we can get some Almond tree shakers converted to Iguana tree shakers it will speed up the process.
You aint a kiddin'!!!! when I first heard of the falling stunned iguanas thoughts started pouring though my thick skull hmmmm... maybe we could milk the iguanas??? or maybe we could make an GMO llama substitute out of them??? put em' in a rolling mill to get the oil out of em??? we will definitely have to put some serious effort into researching all of these ideas because when it rains iguanas it pours money!!!!
Maybe we should organzine a foundation to get the stunned iguanas back on their feet. I think this would be the right thing. The global warming commission would surely to pay us to do an in-depth study with a outcome to their favor. Once we get the iguanas back making their own living, we could recoup any incurred costs by holding their green cards. They are green. Therefore, any cards they must have should be green also. Once they warm up they might could be persuaded to do the necessary dental work on the sharks. We have to keep quality control up on the shark domestication crew. We cannot take a chance of getting any of the great brown horned shark DNA in our genetics. Also we do not need any dinosaurs from that island. That was a neat helicopter that they used to get to that island though.
I got a batter idea https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...eather-falling-iguanas-trees-meat/4541351002/ Good way to make money... iguana burgers The new.... Chicken of the trees!!!
https://images.app.goo.gl/6dw4h6i3s1Ys6fb9A
However.... we could still organize a foundation anyways should be worth a few million to the govt... heh hehe
Is West Nile still a concern?
Ok... now we need a modified Tennent sweeper.
Mmmmmmm
We need to come up with a way to save the poor iguana's So, I was thinking.... If we were to build a fleet of the m/ebikes, we could charge the batteries up, and rig the rear wheel up to a generator. The generator could power some electric heaters. The electric heaters could be used to warm the poor iquana's up. It would be almost like perpetual motion. I am so freaking brilliant, I should be up for a Nobel prize. Er, I mean we as a group are so brilliant, we should all be up for prizes. Just think of the categories we could be nominated for. One just for the pure science One for the mechanical genius that is this collective group One for saving the iguana's ( I guess we have to keep the Unicorn oil and shark cartilage our little secret)
Great ideas!!! one and all But remember... you're gonna need some sort of regulator or at least a heat limiting device otherwise...
Iguana's are distant cousins of Komodo dragons. Might be difficult recovering camera footage from thousands of horny iguana's. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/komodo-dr...-by-trying-to-have-sex-with-it-115733243.html
I've eaten rattlesnake, it tastes like chicken. Maybe lizard tastes like porkchops?
There once was a girl from Tijuana Who loved to smoke marijuana But once she was high She would whimper and cry Until I let her pet my iguana...
Nope, seriously like chicken, my oldest daughter had a friend that went on a mission somewhere in Central America and had some Iguana, didn't know what it was until after dinner. Said she ate it all the time after that...
The only problem is that Iguanas bite when the heat makes them frisky. A little refrigeration will make them a bit more cooperative.
I think we should act fast on behalf of the terrible too-coldened iguanas. They are bound to be on the front lines of our fight against insect borne illness which wreak certain havoc on our poor, young, and elderly! Think about all the unvaccinated children! They stand no chance to prosper because of popsicle iguanas! The burden of our very presence to inhabit this planet will be laid squarely, and solely on the frogs! What an insurmountable task ahead! QUICK! EVERYONE! We must make and sell FROG BONDS! Every able body citizen must buy frog bonds immediately! Those less able body citizens should start knitting little frog coats post haste!
What the real big question is who is going to manufacture the 8 track players for the EM bikes?
Also another big concern is the Cosmic Background Radiation has already slowed to the microwave frequency range. At some point we are going to have to contend with it in the FM band. If we hurry maybe we can make up some new FCC regulations that the universes will have to pay us for the bandwidth it will certainly start polluting. This should easily pay for our wonderful new insurance policies with money to spare. We could afford to venture into franchising the shark farming.
Ummm… Bugs and Frog sweaters? I think we may be straying just a wee bit here?
The EM bikes will be self-riding so all you have to do is think about where you want to go and the EM bike will read your mind and take you to where you need to go. Electroencephalapalogic researchers have developed a high tech negative ion brain wave frequency modulating transducer that transfers brain wave activity into reality destinations. It utilizers no less than 43 ultra sensitive skeletal sensor pads inside the individually molded Head Trauma Reduction Device (HTRD). The biggest hurdle has been coming up with a better fastening system than what current motorcycle helmets use. In specific targeted focus groups, a vast majority of millennials experienced extreme difficulty in fastening the HTRD's while still being able to remain active on their social media devices. The suggestion of putting their devices down for 3-5 seconds to fasten the HTRD caused pandemonium and riots in several large municipalities. A state of emergency was declared and the National Guard from 3 countries had to be dispatched in to restore order. There were no casualties but several members of the elite force were treated for Post Traumatic Screaming Girls Syndrome (PTSGS). Senior testers in the 50-80 focus groups had no problems with the fastening system.
WARNING WARNING WARNING DO NOT CONSUME HOT RUMS WHEN READING THIS THREAD. The posters will not be held liable for any hot rum that is forcibly ejected through ones nasal passages whilst reading the above posts. This has been a public service announcement WARNING WARNING WARNING We now return you to the regular scheduled programming
Ok!!!! so I been a thinkin' on how to mass market these new fangled embikes.... or at least get them more to the forefront of peoples thinking... if that is possible First we need to think along the manufacturing lines at more of a 'kit' type embike you know like a good ole Erector set... or lincoln logs... lego... that sort of thing!!! and then maybe cross it with one of the ole Motorific electric car sets if you remember them once we get people buying these kits for their kids to play with it will have the same effect as putting the computers in school classrooms... everyone will want one
Cold rum and mixed drinks will require extra absorbent Depends under garments.
Oh!!!!! please don't GO there
I think Depends advertising for occasional bladder leaks is missing the mark. If they really want to get to their target market a bolder ad campaign is in order. "Depends under garments... for your inner race horse!" Why is this relative you ask and I know you ask? Competition only models of the EM bike will come with custom Depends racing garments that virtually eliminate skid marks in the event of an accident.
inside the workins of the E-bike motor:
Who ever came up with the rules for spelling must have been some kind of twisted and deranged group who was just trying to &*^%$#@! with everybody else. Some examples, fridge is short for refrigerator so where did the d go? Was frige too short? It's important for the pronunciation of fridge but not for refrigerator where it should be equally important. In school you were always told i after e except after c. So how do they explain words like science and glacier? It's just plain wierd, sorry that's wrong, weird. Was there a secret agenda for the movie Weird Science to expose this deliberate fraud. Speaking of useful, how come it only has one l when full has 2 l's. Is useful only half full? How come useful has only one l but useless has two s's. Is useless a more important word and what's with the l in half? It's one of those ridiculous words with silent letters. What is the reasoning for silent letters other than to confuse the crap out of people. Is it part of some ancient mind control experiment gone horribly wrong? Why aren't all the conspiracy theorists chiming in on this? We need to get to the bottom of all this stultiloquence and poppycock! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-before-e-except-after-c-rule-is-a-giant-lie/ https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/stultiloquence
So what.... you mean we're going have to rename the EM bike now??? just when things were going along smoothly now this!!!!
Nah, we'll just send him one of those emotional support Iguanas and all will be good in a day or two.
If you send the emotional support gator it won't even take a day...
Especially if he takes it to Walmart.
The EM bike goes along more than smoothly. The advanced still motion suspension makes it feel like it's not even moving. The concept is derived from the 1970's Mercury Marquis commercials where they cut a diamond in the back seat and the GM suspension that reacts 1000 times per second. The EM bike actually stops and accelerates to full speed 100,000 times per second. The super sophisticated high speed gyro accumulator (SSHSGA) eliminates all feelings of movement while extensive wind tunnel testing eliminates all sensation of wind.
AND I THOUGHT I HAD LOST IT
No!!! This thread is where you find IT
You will never lose it with the EM bike. The gluteus maximus support system is custom molded from top secret material developed by NASA and incorporates an anal retentive sensor that only allows operation by the registered owner. It works by measuring the reactive rate of the sphincter ani internus (pucker power). It also functions as a theft deterrent should anyone else try to mount the EM bike. Working closely with Q branch from British Secret Service the EM bike incorporates the latest ejection seat technology should some unregistered a--hole try to steal the EM bike.
OK!!!! and I thought some of my posts were 'out there'.... whoah!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Released top secret photos have emerged of the bike that was the inspiration for the EM bike. Of course there have been significant technological improvements in the 30+ years of development. Honda expected to sell 10,000 Motocompo's per month and came up short but the EM bike should far surpass this number. It was thought at the time that Honda was a rather obscure manufacturer for such a unique design. While the Motocompo was designed to fit in the back of the Honda City, the EM bike has a 12,000lb tow rating and can tow a fully loaded 7 passenger SUV with no reduction in speed or fuel economy. The bike designed by professor Holy and his team is more universally accepted worldwide. While a study was released several years ago saying Coca Cola was the worlds most popular brand name and coke was the 2nd most popular word in the world after okay, I think it's save to say that S.H.I.T. far surpasses both of these two words combined. Who in the world doesn't know S.H.I.T.? It is only fitting that promotional advertising for the EM bike will feature the same band as the Motocompo and City, Madness. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Motocompo
I thought measuring reactive rate of the sphincter ani internus (pucker power) was used in determining the maximum angle of safe operation on steep slopes... I know, from experience, operating the junkubota, on steep slopes, that I can tell when I reach 38º, on the hill. That's when my touchas takes a bite outa the cheap foam seat... It gets pretty rough riding, after that! I have had to rebuild the seat foam, several times, with great stuff expanding foam, to smooth things out!
What about all the pissmronuction??
If you saying that, then everything in you “attic” just fine!!! Trust me! I came across many people who did, and currently have a customer who is schizophrenic ( and don’t like to take his meds.) - you can’t tell them they need to see a shrink!!! In their mind they are perfect!
Everyone!!!!!! listen up!!!!!! Just found this new old technology that was actually in service but due to politics and greediness it got swept under the carpet never to see the light of day again It's called the energy polarizer!!!!! this thing could revolutionize the EM bike our problems will be solved with one little black box!!!! This is great!!!!!!!! https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Energy_Polarizer
I know I didn't loose it, can't loose what you never had!
My dad believes that Tesla did tapped in some cosmic free eternal energy! But he believes in a lot of goofy things!
Oh... I think this invention has quite a bit of credibility to it Nige turned me on to it in another thread
Anyone else think this guy is really Nige?
Who says selectively editing posts isn't fun?
I tend to think that if he did, then we would be using it by now! I don’t believe something like this can be hidden for long time by evil governments and greedy corporations. Two days ago my friend told me that Kent Holland need help with his excavator, I’m not really his follower ( I think sometimes he “goes off the rails”), but being a Christian decided to help, but because I am 100 miles away didn’t really just wanted to drive there, decided to talk to person in charge first. At least make sure that machine starts and stops without problems, so I wouldn’t spent half a day just looking for batteries, jump boxes and jumper cables, fuel, oils and other goodies! I called, secretary said that person I’m charge would call me back. He didn’t. Now my suspicious and cynical self gets in to overdrive and starts brainstorming! Now that self starting coming up with theories like: “maybe it is a strategy to get more donations, and they don’t really want to fix that excavator”? And I don’t need that!!! But I am super cynical and sceptical and suspicious - I must be, because I am a troubleshooter!
I was goin through a box of **** I bought at an auction, and found one of them grey plastic coated fuel line magnets... was gonna try it out, but I'll trade you fer one a them tornado twister turbo thingies what goes under the fuel injector throat, onna '06 ford ranger 4.0 V6, even Steven, straight up! I hears they gives ya 15-20% better fuel economy! I was wonderin, if ya stacked them up, tall enuff, woudja have to drain extra gas outta the tank, every once in a while?
Something like that actually helpful under carburetor in old engines with square looking intake manifold. Don’t know about saving fuel but starts easier in cold weather and kinda works better.
I find that a good shiny(clear coat) coat of new paint helps with lotsa issues makes it go faster, wind turbulence is lessened, extra ions build up on the skin and transfer into the fuel which helps the ionize 200 percent better when in the combustion chamber!!! So is a win win situation!!! paint co. wins., you wins
You can make fun all you want, but those damn things did help in inferior carburetor fuel systems, I had it on VAZ vehicles, which was a Soviet copies of FIAT 124. In Canada the known as Lada. Nyge might come across those darn things too!
Didn't the YUGO fit in there somewhere?
Yep! In that group! Although Yugo was more inferior then Lada! Dont t get me started on ZAZ or Trabant! After all Lada was Italian designed!
I remember hearing that the best method to make Yugos faster was a tow truck.
God, I love this thread! Here it is, visualized...
In view of postings by a certain new member in other threads, should we be discussing how much fuel we can potentially save by using Energy Polarizers..? Fuel line magnets may be the next big thing and it would be only fair if HEF members could get in on the ground floor so to speak.
How about fuel and water mixture, should that be added to the list?!?!
QUOTE="DIYDAVE, post: 860869, member: 1371"]God, I love this thread! Here it is, visualized... [/QUOTE] Hey! Boys got to have fun!!! There’s already talks about “loosing it”!!! Got to keep our community sane! Who’s gonna fix s..it if all of us will go “bonkers”!!!
And I heard that they installed rear window defrosters to help keep your hands warm while pushing them!
Now, what I find interesting about this is that it only flips the switches that are on. I am going to look into this to see if it can be used to control the embike I will use as a pusher for my Ranger-Lowboy combo when I am towing my D13...
Definitely, and we could call it 'oxygenated fuel' even though it's hydrogenated too...
Di-oxy-hydrogenated, Ronsii. You got to master your gobbledygook if we are going to get rich with this stuff.
This is exactly what the senators at the impeachment trial need to pass the time.
Why Japan is always ahead of the curve. Can't wait for the diet Big Mac. http://www.mouthfrog.com/2014/sapporo-offering-diet-water-that-will-wage-war-on-your-fat/
I dunno… that's a pretty dangerous compound. Breathing apparatus is a PPE necessity.
Yes!!!!, people just don't understand the precautions that need to be followed when dealing with dihydrogenmonoxide... it's serious business!!!! more people die from dihydrogenmonoxide than firearms every year some guys even like to temp fate and drink the stuff!!!!
The really pure stuff from a mountain spring in small quantities can enhance a good Scotch whiskey... So I've been told by a good friend.
As long as you don't go overboard and ruin the the stuff designed for drinking...
Best thread on the internet, hands down or up.
It's not a thread, it is a fitting tribute to Alfred E. Neuman. "What, me worry?"... No, there is a group of intellects dedicated to preserving your memory. https://www.straitstimes.com/lifest...-modern-satire-will-soon-cease-publishing-new
How right you are! For shame the travesty I have heaved upon you all, noble countrymen! It was but an arrant, simple-minded utterance of a tired mind. Please one and all forgive me this transgression! This is quite obviously much more than the “thread” of which I misspoke. This is the ever compounding wealth of the most pertinent knowledge of our know entirety....being only bound here by the fragile human intellect and the archaic languages with which we use to convey it! Is that better? Thanks Welder Dave. You are inspiring my creativity and abstract thought again
I don't know........ I mean for a 'transgression' like that I would think the penance would be greater than ONE measly post.... I'm thinking along the lines of a hundred posts!!!! but I'm sure there are others here that would be more lenient and suggest a much smaller number.... like 20.... or maybe... 10
I am game to keep rolling this rock along for a long time Ronsii !!
That's ONE!!!! Reminds me of a joke with a miner his wife and a stubborn mule
Bronk. My two boys asked me to name a color for some game in a magazine. I naturally said bronk without even a moments hesitation. One looked at my wife and asked if this was a “real” word. She was shaking her head “no”. I explained to them that bronk is the color you get when mixing brown and pink and that I believed it was so. I asked his brother. He agreed with me. So I told them that everything has to start somewhere and we had just started the word “bronk”. This seemed the logical place to include that antidote. Please share this everyone you meet and can can all bask in the glory of creating a new English word. Once this becomes mainstream, we can naturally tout it as the color option in the base model of EM Bike....or maybe the base model we will just call the em bike.
Do tell!! That is number three!
That's THREEEEEEE.... Once you go bronk you can't go back..
A miner and his wife where on their honeymoon after a long and very happy courtship. On their honeymoon, they decide to take their mules through the rocky mountains. As the mules were crossing a small stream, the woman's mule missteps and almost throws the miner's wife! once across the stream, the miner dismounts, walks over to the mule, and stares into its eyes. Finally, he states, "That's one." The man remounts his mule and they continue their ride. A bit further down the path, the woman's mule stumbles when stepping over a fallen tree. The man dismounts, stares the mule in the eyes, and boldly states, "That's two!" He returns to his saddle and they move on. As the afternoon sun began to set, the woman's mule once again lost its footing on a mossy slope. The man dismounts, moves to his wife's mule, and helps his wife out of the saddle then walks up to the front of the mule he stares it in the eyes and firmly says, "That's three," removes a pistol from his vest, and shots the mule dead. His wife, quite upset at seeing her poor mule killed, says to her husband, "That's terrible, why would you do such a thing!" The man stares at his wife and firmly says, "That's one!"
Bronk is my favorite color. Bronk is the color of someone’s lover.... Any Aerosmith fans out there?
Aero who??? heh heh
Hey Ronsii, that reminds me of the joke about the farmer, his contrary mule
Actually, truth be told, my wife was the Aerosmith fan back when we were young. I have always been more of a Rolling Stones fan.
I'm still here. Mind is still muddled. In the words of Arnold I'LL BE BACK
Well.... blocker is at 60 percent of being done with his penance
Hey guys! I just heard that Harley-Davidson is trying to introduce an Electric bike! Maybe this will do better as a lowboy pusher, more weight?
You know.... that gives me an idea I helped put in a charging station for the harley ebike a while back.... and the way it was wired..... well lets just say it would be easy to get free energy heh heh
Model designations for the range of the EM bikes from S.H.I.T. have been released. Base model is the Typical Kids model is the Baby Largest model is the Big Off road model is the Tough High performance model is the Scary
So all this e-bike talk got me to scratching my head and doing some old school engineering. My balance isn't so great, so I decided 4 wheels is better than 2. So my electric powers my wheels. If I could hook something to my wheels, and then turn a charging system, like a old waterwheel grain mill- BLAMMO- perpetual motion. Still in design, but look out Elon, I'm offering shares now.....
Or just mount a wind turbine on the roof. That faster you drive the more power you are putting back in to the power cells. I am also planning on mounting an electric fan on the front of my windmill generator to keep it producing power on the days the wind is too low.
OOhh- something like this khansen? Is this one you built in the 30's just before the war? It looks like the fevered invention from someone in upstate New York, driven mad by too much snow..... Car and snow blower all in one.
And just because no one's brought up buzzards again in a while. Passed the local funeral home today, and talk about your smart birds:
Buzzards at the funeral home! There is not even snow on the ground! I do not know what to think of that. Make $20k to bury someone, let the buzzards take most of the job, dig a much smaller hole....seems like there is some profit to be made in that scenario.
It surely does make you wonder???? what do the buzzards know that we don't
I think they are waiting for the back to open !
Can you guys get back on topic... Whatever that was...
Is this better??
I have been thinking about the options list for the EM Bike. We need to incorporate a push-pull device to harness the attention of one driver and thereby leave multiple drivers open to the option of using their mobile electrical devices without infringing their lack of navigational awareness upon the common public. We all know this is a real problem and there is no trend to warrant the believe in it declining in the near future. Also I have been working on a Bigfoot avoidance option.... By mounting these on all side of the EM Bike I think we will be able to keep any stray ‘Foots from investigating further. I am happy to announce that the prototype has worked flawlessly under a 110% load since developing the idea 12 minutes ago.
My wife kicked me out because of my terrible Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions. But don't worry, I'll return
I just had this show up on my youtube feed, Its twice as good as the previous model, and may have political roots...
The impeachment trial simplified!
Well this seemed to be the place to post this video: This guy has been on the old Farmall Forum since Monday or Tuesday trying to get someone to tell him that it's okay to keep using that starter. More than one of us have reminded him that the gas tank for that old Farmall is only inches above that starter! I said fix it before we read about you in the obit's. Heck even it it was not throwing sparks and smoking like a sick Detroit on a cold morning just the fact it keeps kicking out would be reason enough for me to rebuild or replace it. As far as I know he does not own a 3306 in Minnesota, but could be some neighbor of you know who!
This is the place for everything! Before we got it turned over the first time it sure sounded like he might be trying to hand crank it....an idea he might want to adopt.
Lying in bed the other night thinking about all that I have learned on this thread. The M/Ebike is coming along nicely. I figure about another month and I should be able to unveil it. But as I was lying in bed I started to ponder some of the other unknown answers in the universe. Say for example. Is there like a logarithmic scale to the amount of bed covers that your significant other half will steal on a cold night. I started studying it and in just a few short days I have found out some really strong data. On a warmer night the chances of me waking up fully covered are greatly increased and the chances of waking up partially covered to zero covers is directly proportional to the how far below freezing it is. So I used the old pork ratio in the salsa recipe as a base point and messaged it. I came up with this idea. When the blankets come off, head down to the basement and start pedaling the Ebike backwards. This will in fact charge the battery up. Now if I knit a nice new blanket out of the alpaca wool and weave some copper wire through it I could plug it into the Ebike battery and have a nice warm blanket so there will be no need for the other half to steal all of the covers. Everybody gets a good nights sleep, wake up refreshed and are ready to solve all of the worlds problems. You know, I'm trying to be modest but dang I'm good......
Hmmmmm, if only there were a 'backpat' emoji.....
Have you tried the sleeping bag trick?? This is the age old solution to the eternal “cover-shift” dilemma. This solution is not effected by power outages, gravitational wave fluctuations, solar spots, NASA funding, sporks, or your local Arts Council.
I present for your entertainment: synchronized sleeping!! Looks like they have been practicing.
Spittensparkin isn't a good thing with a starter like that, If he wants to be stubborn, its going to make him walk at the worst time.
From all the groaning going on in the video (I'm assuming noises of him trying to climb up on the tractor) a little walking wouldn't do him any harm.
Better practice the 100 yard dash too just in case.
Or get blowed up real good.
Well at least one person on that forum did suggest that hand cranking might not be the best idea for him. Said if not done right the Urgent Care office charges for the busted arm would be considerably more than the price of a rebuilt starter! And from the sounds he made getting up on the tractor not sure he would have the power to even try it!
I am in search of a foundry. Any of you guys know of a reputable one? I was thinking of getting pricing for new non equal sided hexagonal receiver hitches for the EM Bike. Got to make it proprietary!
They really need to be forged to handle the excessive horse power surges. But... and a big but . Quite possibly Caterpillar might be interested in casting steel parts if the run is large enough, 6-7,000 pieces might do it.
That sounds like a wonderful idea! Maybe we could even build Cat licenses EM Bikes for them? So, using my calculations here we are looking at 250 peak drawbar HP for the naturally aspirated version and somewhere around 242.86422878 HP for the turbo intercooler version. If you multiply that number several times while eating 3.14.... pies and divide the sum of the square root of a lemon bar, you ought to end up with two hours of boosted energy from your five hour energy shot if you clean your air filter regularly. WOW! That equals 10000 HP at 1500’ AGL! Just think what that the locomotive version will output! Now if an acre equals 0.405 hectares, pulling a 2 row planter on 45’ row spacing (cosmic standard) we out to be able to hire out planting on mercury and be through in time to get most of the Southern US planted and all of Canada and Russia with time left over to plant some cows in the off season. Cow planting is where the money is. It is always farmed out to contractors. Farmers do not believe in owning the equipment necessary. Any thoughts? There are sure none in this post.
Here is a link so you guys can fact chance my math. I am so excited! I have never submitted a proof for peer review! I have eaten a pear before does that count? The canning pears are not as good unless you have a lot of almond milk fresh off the hoof to soak them in. I have found that shoe polish will work on pears. It makes them change colors, unless you buy pear colored shoe polish. That stiff is pretty hard to find since it is not that popular. If you are in the innovative shoe polish manufacturers that I know some of you are, the color for this fall will certainly be bronk. Do not tell anyone that secret. It will become “insider trading” and we do not need the SEC poking around here.
I have a small foundry and have been thinking about the design specifics to make sure design considerations were in place to preemptively control any copying attempts and have come to the conclusion that a mix of SAE,metric and USMC standards be employed in it's construction.
I knew you would already have spent thought in planning this Ronsii. How it true it is that many times great new ideas spring forth on opposite sides of the globe.
So where exactly are you planning on mounting the aftercooler on the M part of the M/Ebike
The EM bike will feature a revolutionary new Beforecooler to keep frame skin temperatures within acceptable rates. This was a monumental engineering accomplishment that was essential given the EM bikes tremendous performance characteristics. It is a vital component of the Brimborion Urban Management system (B.U.M.) exclusive to the EM bike.
What about cup holders? No body is going to drive a 5.5 jigawatt EM bike sober. On second thought just make it out of red solo cups, than there is always a whiskey cup handy.
The unequal sides on the hexagon are a GREAT idea! This will keep people from being able to flip the hitches over, and thus, we can sell twice as many!
I think the reason for diametrically opposite sides of the globe having the same brilliant ideas at the same time is further proof that these ideas are being beamed at us from some other intelligence. They shoot them at us with a beam that is so powerful it penetrated the earths core and comes out the other side!
Exactly!!!! see this is the kind of technology I envision for the EMBike... maybe it's a coincidence.... maybe not
You mean they are still running HAARP??
Yes! We need many, many cup holders! At least one needs to be patterned after the 8-9000 series Deere’s cup holders.
I thought we had the whole digital superheater thing worked out several pages ago... Now you guys wanna cool stuff?
That will match the brownish/ green Gorilla tape that holds them on.
Yep... you know how the ruskies love tesla stuff
So is that "lying" in bed, as in being in a horizontal position and preparing for sleep? Or "lying" as in "honey- you won't believe what we're doing tonight, and it will be even better than last month."? Sorry, I didn't read far enough, I understand the "lying" in bed thing.
I just gotta know if hunnerd mile an hour tape is sufficient to keep my pants up on the EM Bike!!
The technical max. speed will be technically unlimited but I would suspect real world speeds to exceed 245.34MPH in a level area so I would use at least 5-6 layers thus giving you a decent safety factor. EDIT: Of course this assumes travel perpendicular to the earths rotating plane of axis... so you will obviously experience greater or less than greater speeds traveling along said axis EDIT2: Make sure you calculate in the derate of the 100MPHTape of 10percent per layer when figgering max. allowable hysteresis of tape elongation in the stretch factor with regards to stickum strength!!!
If you add the critical velocity hundred mile an hour suspenders. ( best when applied directly to skin...)
Now on to other bigger small issues, Was questioned as to when rock becomes stone or Stone Quarry products as Crushed Rock become Stone and when Rock in General is listed as stone or is it that being stoned is the only way to rock this? Falls in same guidelines as difference between a Lake and Pond. Been explained a Lake is a Large Pond and a Pond is a Small Lake, just trying to establish variables and fixations!!
Don't forget the reservoirs.... or the french will get you
Does anyone remember the formula for figuring the appropriate amount of 100 MPH tape to use for higher speeds with better aerodynamics due to a lower coefficient of friction? It was something to do with the stickiness of the tape per square inch multiplied by the accelerated acceleration factor divided by the square root of pie multiplied by the coefficient of friction. Where is Red Green when you need him.
If you use camo gorilla tape the coefficient is 0÷infinity as it disappears against the backdrop, therefore making it seamless as well as slicker than snot on a doorknob mixed with owl$hit.
French can't get anyone, all you have to do is whisper "germans on the hill" and every one of them has a hankerchief in the air. My daughter is in her third year of french in high school, and I don't even live in canada. Of course all my french comes from pepe le puw
If you play the bagpipes you will keep the Neo Nazi's at bay too.
What's MBT stand for, Mighty Big Turd?
macronnian bubble tracker ?
Is that compatible with micronian bubble tape
Remember... The French Invented the cross ventabular theory of aggregate relation hypothesis mathematics in relation to the cosine offset physics which are commonly know as regression Dynamics in transportation equations.
They're lovers not fighters?
C'est la vie.....
Hey guys is it possible to copy and paste from another thread If so the reply's for the Volvo A40 thread would fit right in here
Shhh, leave that alone.
Volvo thread, any big Swede girls on there with Blond hair? Asking for a friend!
Hope none of our Minnisoda friends are reading this but I recall being up there visiting relatives back in the 1970's and noticing signs on what I would have called a "small pond" and the sign had the name of the "lake" on it! I mentioned to some of my relatives that I now understood how they got 10,000 lakes, just counted them after a rain storm! Maybe that's why I only get two Christmas cards from that state despite dad having nine siblings all of who stayed there, dad managed to escape! Must have been during a dry spell!
Dave, did I hear a request? Will these do?
Now ya got me thinkin' about the old Stihl calenders...... Ed
Ridged calendars were the best and Snap-On were close. Had to be politically correct.
Really makes you wish there were more than 12 months in a year
Ok, the a40 thread?
Inquiring minds would like to know.
I'm still waiting for the Pi Someone said there was pie a few posts ago. Apple is fine.
Only have a Raspberry Pi, but it is bit crunchy. Could install it in the E-Bike as a brake controller.
Pi never ends. How do you figure out how much pi you need? What if pi was square and not round? Would it end? Would it be better without cutting the corners? Are Wendy's hamburgers better because they don't cut the corners? How come Wendy's asked "Where's the beef"? It seems very clear ever other burger shop should be asked that as they cut the corners. How come nobody ever asked Wendy's, "Where's the bun"? It's obvious they cut the corners on the bun. What's up with that, the bun isn't as important as the beef? Did they hire a consulting firm to decide that? Was it Wendy's twisted way of solving the great mystery of how to put a square peg in a round hole? Speaking of which did Wendy's help develop the Heimlich maneuver? It's astonishing 14 zillion clueless glutens haven't chocked to death cramming the square burgers with cut corner buns into their pi holes? Now when you ask where's the beef, they tell you they replaced it with some kind of plant based crap. Why is your mouth referred to as a pi hole? Was it designed to eat pi? It's also referred to as a cake hole. Is cake better than pie? How come pi is round and cake can be any shape? How come there's a cake boss and not a pi boss? Why is there no such thing as birthday pi? How come no one ever says, let them eat pi or have your pi and eat it too? Why the *&^%$#! would you take it if you can't eat it? Somebody else might have enjoyed it you selfish b--tard!
I am a Slider preference kind of guy! YEA for White Castle Belly Bombers, even as cannot really do them all that much now!! Did someone say Squirrel?
Squirrel ? Mmmmmmm !!
It was going to be a classic...…...but I believe it got axed. I have no idea why
I purposely avoid reading this thread, because I like everybody to be able to have a little fun, and I don't want to have to be the one to throw cold water on that if it's just iffy on whether it's within the Forum Rules. That one was the most totally over the line example of forum misbehavior that any of us have ever seen here at HEF. It's really disappointing...
That thread.... It was never going to be "classic" here on HEF. There are many, many outlets across the net for that kind of BS - if you want to engage then have at it in those venues - just remember we will not tolerate that here .
The pseudoscientific nonsenelitical conspiracy theorists procrastination society has been thinking about thinking about it for days.
Why can't pie be squared. I have heard of square pi before But would you need to have 3.14159265... cups of filling?
Pi R squared.
I was surprised this thread wasn't moved to the TGIF forum before it went to page #2. It sorta wandered from General Industry Questions. I will say that it has been a good demonstration of the creativity of the members !
Pie R Round!! Except when not, as with Cobblers, but that is a different Hash Pile!!
Creativity, I like that. Sounds much more sophisticated than ridiculous jocularity.
We can be quite sullen or stoic at times but when needed LOOK Out for the fun to start!!
DIGGER !!!!! You need to rename this thread. Such as ---> The Looney Bin ! I have never bin on a forum thread anywhere that was more funny or entertaining.
The most interesting thread in the world. How about calling it The Gullible Optimists Guide To Acute Insanity... Volume 1.
Hey now!!!! This is a serious thread just cause some members want to poke a bit of fun into the mix doesn't mean we need to lose sight of where this thread is headed we are jointly finding new and exciting ways to improve all sorts of things that will entail pretty much all manufacturing systems across the globe!!!
Yeah, and the EM Bike is gonna be a CASH COW for us all here Too!!
You need an EM Bike if you're going to be the pimp for the bull.
The interview process to be hired to work on the EM Bike is well under way. https://www.snotr.com/video/9022/The_Real_Meaning_Of_MPH
I made a chicken pot pie tonight, it was square And delicious
Pot is legal now in Canada. Not sure what the chicken does to it.
Put her in advertising... NOT accounting.
OMG !!!!!!
I would have thought most of us up here in the frozen North would have been into the pot along time ago with this thread.
It takes a thread like this to 'weed' out the real thinkers
Dam ! I'm wrong again. I thought everyone was on pot from the opening post. Where is Blocker MS ?
Sorry, no drugs here, I'm just naturally a little off kilter....
You're on a roll!!!!!!! every post I read of yours is cracking me up!!!!!
I'm stunned that HEF members took that Volvo A40 thread so far and so quickly into the internet gutter and that none on that thread had the sense to back up and say whoa, this is out of bounds, took mods to shut it down. Just damn.
No crack, it really messes you up. Pot just gives you the courage to bring out your inner philosopher.
Rrrrrrrr ! I'm wrong again, . I always thought pie squared was 3.14 somethin.
Yes, in the darker sides of our nature, we all have the "knack" of gutter crawling...
As noted Pie R Round until not or square.
But... they do have two flat sides...
Ohhhhhh Noooooo, #803, #804 and #805
Here's another perplexing question... Why is cheesecake called cheesecake and not cheesepie when it's clearly more of a pie than a cake? Cake doesn't have a &^%$#@! crust!
What's the deal with feet? For most multiple body parts going from the singular to plural form just involves adding and an s on the end. Finger-fingers, toe-toes, arm-arms ,leg-legs, eye-eyes, ear-ears, lung-lungs, ball- well you get the idea. It's very common with other words as well. Yet foot somehow becomes feet. Why aren't they called foots? How do the two o's suddenly become two e's and no s on the end? I'm sure many people have had sleepless nights over this. There are exceptions though such as when you go for supper may wonder who foots the bill. Why isn't it, who feet the bill? It doesn't work with other double o words though. More than one fool becomes fools and is foolish. Why isn't it feel, because that word was already used? Is it so no one can become footish? Feelish would make you sound like a creep but it should be croop. Creep would indicate you have other croops with you. If you buy one wrench it's a tool but buy more than one and they are tools. Why not teel? It was already used too? Did they jump the gun on handing out words? What if a fool only had one tool? Would that be called toolish. It would great if someone asked to borrow a tool you don't have. You could say you're toolish. Would you really want to lend out your tool anyway? What would you call a fool who is feelish with their tool, Footoofeelish? That doesn't sound so bad. You can have an obsession with feet but it's called a foot fetish. Why isn't it called just a feetish? Is foot fetish a compromise because they never considered this a possibility? How could they not with the whole foot/feet conundrum? How come James Bond is a double O agent and not a double zero agent? How do two zero's become two O's? It goes against everything proper especially considering he's British. I need me some chicken pot cheesepie!
I'm worried about you Dave ! But you have many, many valid points to ponder. Could you tell me why a pair of pants is only one piece of clothing ? Inquiring minds need to know. I have wondered about that since I a little boy. That is loooong time.
Not just pants... glasses (although there are 2 lenses) but what about a pair of underwear???
Where is Nige when you need him? I mean he calls the country that came up with this language home at least part of the year!
Maybe that's the reason he doesn't stay there all the time?
And why does an elephant have 4 feet?
So they don't fall over.
I have been watching this little flower bloom all by itself. I have been caught up estimating some things. Real numbers with real meanings....I prefer abstract values....let the less gifted deal in reality! Hey, that is what Einstein did, no? We true thinkers here be not bound by the restrictions of mere reality!
'cause 8 inches just don't cut it, in the jungle!
Jealousy will get you no where.
All these things hold (2) of their respected containments.
How do you explain bra's aren't sold as a pair?
Hmmmmm, I'll have to give that a closer looking into
Now see, if you guys went to the metric system you wouldn't have feet anymore. And can I have some pork salsa with the chicken pot cheesepie
But then the POT pie would have to be shaped like a maple leaf
Could I change up the order to have some maple syrup with that
Sure!!! that's the beauty of the new EMBike ordering software you can customize it ANY way you want!!!! just like burger king
See everything is relative. You mention bra's and in no time you're talking about Whoppers.
And now for something completely different! Not sure how many will catch that one! Anyone notice how the adverts at the top of this forum keep changing and some times they are somewhat strange? Just this morning I had two next to each other, the one on the left was for something to help remove ear wax and the one on the right was for portable crushing plants! Not sure if there is a connection between the two unless one is suppose to use the ear wax to lube the crushers!
Must be the EBike design that is confusing the advert AI's
^ yep, this is another one of those super secret tricks used by people in the know to edge out their competition!!! I've seen sharpshooters twist a round in their ear to improve muzzle velocity!!! and it works! the guy won every match he was on the problem would be getting enough supply to properly lube the big machinery??? I suppose we should market an earwax removal kit that comes with a recover tank the users could send in for credit on future orders??? anyone else have any thoughts on design for the tank? In the mean time I'll keep my ears open to suggestions from the EMBike strategical design team.
If you are going to keep your ears open hows about keeping your eyes peeled ? That's another one I have never figured out how to do. Anyone been able to do it ? I bet Blocker BS has when he is doing those estimates.
Keeping your eyes peeled is an easily calculable ratio between exposure from one or more sources of light in the ultraviolet wavelength multiplied by a length of time exposed. MS in August has an eye peeling exposure limit of about 10 minutes when not using the correct polarized lenses or OSHA approved headwear when pointing the human optical reception unit towards your friendly neighboring sustainable fusion experiment or your local welding shop.
Have I earned a new nickname??
Dam ! you finally caught it. Mista been the spill chek.
One key element in the eye peeling scenario is it keep the shades shut on the Human Optical Reception Unit. Warning!! Keeping the shades open when exposing the HORU. Direct ultraviolet light exposure of HORU sensors can lead to failure!!
Keep your eyes peeled originated in peeler bars. It was an early form of advertising. They told you to keep your eyes peeled so you wouldn't have to bother your gawking buddies if you missed something.
I honestly am not disputing it at this point. I pondered on the thought and came to the conclusion you might have a valid point. So far as spill check is concerned, Shakespeare said “tis many many a slip betwixt a cup and lip”....or something to that effect.
Nope, you're supposed to use the crusher to crush up the earwax chunks.
Just as long as no connectivity to optirectalitis.
I had a friend who had that. He had a really crappy outlook on life
Oh!!! now you bring shakespear into it well it's no Skin off my Nose if this thread gets derallied!!!
Ronsii, oh Ronsii! Thou are not a Shakespeare fan, Ronsii?
I hate to tell you this, but the adverts you get- are totally based on what you look at on the interwebs, not what everyone else is doing. So the ear wax and crushing equipment are all on you. Just because your ad's are weird/ unique/ strange- does not correspond to the rest of us having strange ads. Mine are all for --- well I'm not going to tell you what my ads are for. Just because the gov't and the chinese and al gore are all watching me, doesn't mean I want the rest of you to know what I look at in my spare time.
What's derallied mean? Something about lying... in this thread? You gots to be kidding.
You're in the business of picking things up. Nobody needs to know what you're trying to pick up in your spare time.
I think the term “derallied” is a term of endearment towards retired racing cars.
Fine Dave- you've shamed me in to showing everyone. My current ads are for -- well imagine that. Thanks to all you goofballs, its about british pi.
Well at least the ads I started getting a couple years ago after I believe I made a typo in a Google search have stopped! For the longest time I was getting ads for foot wear that.....well I have been told was more appropriate for "ladies" you might see getting into strangers cars late at night in "those" parts of town! For sure it was not appropriate for operating heavy equipment, not MSHA approved!
To make them safe they need to make as many right hand laps as left hand laps as they made racing. And none of that makes any sense... Right?
Well Crane Operator made me look again at what is up there right now. There's a perfectly innocent reason for the one on the right but don't think you guys would believe me!
You all may not have know this, but most farm equipment is trailed offset to the right to help build muscle in the opposite of the neck than race car drivers use to make all those turns. It was a ploy by farmers to charge for training while getting free skilled operators in the racing off season. Go to any farm store, farm show, or county fair and watch as the people walk by. If you see someone walking faster as they look to the left, you know they have benefited from this training.
Wow!! You guys must be super important!! I only get one ad
Now I'm really perplexed. America's finest range of British pies from Parker, a great British institution? Be careful it might give you the desire to start drinking warm beer while enjoying football... or is it soccer?
Someone telling you it's time to leave town?
Guess am Lucky, No Ads on my feed.
Oh no! I had not thought that angle! I thought someone wanted me to invest here???? Got to be in town before you can leave town though
They know you have everything you could possibly need- you own allis equipment after all. Don't feel bad for only having one ad, they don't even send me ads to borrow $$$, they've seen my finances .
This is all Nige's fault. He is retiring and needs something to do, so I can see him cyber stalking all of us, infection our computers with ads for british foods. Hurry boys hurry, get your Beers into the fridge before you get the urge to drink it warm. And if you get the urge to drive on the wrong side of the road and watch movies about steam trains, well by then it is just too late. And with that I must go for dinner. Having some Mashed and Bangers, not sure what is for pudding.
No, I don't care what your excuse is, (your wife might believe it) but when the ad is for the "Dr's toy Store" we all know what you've been looking at.
Oh shoot! That already happens around here occasionally this is from Tuesday. You can almost see the car being chased by the brake lights in the red circle.... northbound on the southbound side.
Remove earwax with a key, and you can lube the lock, afore you open it, and kill 2 birds wif one stone...
I'd think that would have an eary feeling
As a former scraper jockey... I know of this affliction.
I can tell you if you mount the switchbox on the left armrest, you can look both directions
I meant the real ones... Wabcos and TS-24's.
LOL!!!!... real ones.... remember what thread you're in
So true...
What is real? This is virtual reality.
Speaking of virtual reality.... has anyone put together a 3D model of the EMBike that we could import into one of the CAD animation programs to do some VR testing and design fault analysis??? even a simple low vertex model would suffice for the preliminary tests I have in mind... even an STL file I could convert or inkscape...??? anything please ????
I'm not sure that's been covered yet. Heck we haven't decided whether LH or RH wheel nuts are necessary yet. Cart before the horse... Sheesh.
We didn't cover the VR testing!!!! HOLD ON!!!! somebody dropped the ball!!!! we got to have testing first OSHA demands it!!!! this might throw a monkey wrench into the works
They're still working on the Finite Element Analysis regarding the weak and strong formulations and minimum potential energy calculations. They ran into a bit of a snag when they found out the latest OHSA requirements. It's a very discrete system with many degree's of freedom (DOF). Just the partial differential equations (PDE’s) in each category include Poisson equation ( Elliptic ), Wave equation ( Hyperbolic ) and Fourier law ( Parabolic ). It's all explained below. Pretty simple really. You can't make this stuff up. https://www.simscale.com/docs/content/simwiki/fea/whatisfea.html
OSHA can really gum up the works can't they!!!! I mean really!!!! can't those OSHA/MSHA guys take a break, grab a doobie and chill for a while..
They can in Canada! The Canadian models can't be released yet because the Americans would be embarrassed that Canada beat them to it like what happened with the Avro Jetliner (first jetliner in N. America, seven years ahead of Boeing) and Avro Arrow (most advanced plane in the world in the 1950's). It would be a shame if the EM Bikes made in Canada had to be destroyed and 30,000 employees at the factory and component suppliers had to be laid off so Americans could hire all the top engineers to get their EM Bike up and running.
Well that blows!!!!! I was figgering it would be more efficient to have them made north of where the majority would be sold.... this would be far more efficient in freighting them down south as gravity would be on our side Since our target demografic buyers are 99 percent greenies in the united states it only seems proper to have the final assembly and actual 'making' of them in up north in canada!!!
The tariffs would be astronomical to bring them into the US. Look at what they did with Japanese motorcycles that compete with Harley Davidson.
Oh yeh... forgot about the tarrif thingy.... I think we're probably going to have to go underground with this project maybe a 'direct market' sort of strategy to sell direct to future buyers without all the 'middle men'.... hmmmm... yeah Direct Black Market!!! I like it
On the lug nut question: It's simple, on each wheel, the top 4 are left hand; the bottom 4 are right hand.
What about the 4 on the left side and 4 more on the right I know 16 sounds like a lot but after factoring in the stresses involved during the D8 modification uses I figgered it'd be safer to go with overkill instead of underkill. Maybe they should alternate between L and R threads for the nut next to it???
They have developed new "Safe" style lug nuts especially for the EM bike that are also anti-theft. Each bike comes with it's own lug nut code. Would be something like 7 turns left, then 3 right, then 2 left and 5 right with a metric cotter pin for added security.
I saw something about a monkey wrench. So that would mean Banana Cream Pi now. Oh my head...
This is brilliant!
Got it! Plan A-set up world wide covert human powered transportation device network for the purpose of tax evasion, tariff avoidance, embargo debauchery, and gravity shipping. Shall I start founding shell companies? The are quite a few pecans in this area, and peanuts to the East. We could import walnut shells, cut them with pecan shells and sell that product to the sand blasters. That sounds all most like a laundering scheme. I will have Mrs. BS pick up some laundering soap at the store today. In case that foolproof idea does not work, I propose an alternate Plan-1. We could use investment groups to gain a monopoly of property in some northern border town and quickly gain the majority votes to donate property, tax and duty free of course, to the first ever “MS Foreign Legion” out-posting on foreign soil. Any of the civilian members here will naturally be granted diplomatic immunity from prosecution. Being that the MS Foreign Legion is an all volunteer, non profit entity only concerned in the preservation of itself and it’s volunteers and whatever their interests are, it is only natural that volunteers are encouraged to have highly profitable part time jobs to maintain any personal expenses while performing duties for FEERLESS LEADER....I mean the organization. Therefore we will be be praised for our unselfish boost to the border town which establish control....I mean incorporate in and build factories to build our product. And this is how MS ended up buying Canada and, by institution of this, how I garnered enough respect to have a Wikipedia page. Plan-I (Roman themed) divert all vessels returning from North American overseas grain shipments through a single large port under the guise of “certified non-migratory species inspection”. I propose a Romanian port. Romania is still part of Rome, right? Upon through inspection we can release these vessels back to their port of origin knowing that we will not contribute to an influx of south Asian leaping dragon boll weevils which are so devastating to the ‘foots eggs in the PNW, thereby leading to the Bigfoot population increase which will bring the ‘foots to settle in AR instead of just passing though, naturally bringing their pet spotted owls into the region.
Need to find a way to incorporate battery powered Biometric coding systems into the Safe Lug nuts this covering these bases with a extra security blanket to keep them warm.
Its a good thing I post up in this thread, to keep it realistic. There is absolutely no reason at all to do any testing whatsoever. Design it on computer, rush to production, end users will do the testing. Any big problems are user error. They just aren't using it right. Pump up the IPO stock offering, everybody cashes in when we go public. Let the shareholders and the new board take the fall, while we sail around our islands in the caribean. If we can't go public, somebody put the word out, about our ground breaking technology, and the googlefacesoftliftubertesla crowd will rush at us with checks in hand. Don't you guys understand start ups and how technology works?
Major development on the EM Bike. The brilliant (and twisted) minds behind the EM Bike have hired none other than Mr. Durwood Fincher to be the official spokes person for all things EM Bike. This is a major development as they had to find someone who could fully appreciate all the complex intricacies of the revolutionary new EM Bike. After month's of negotiations the two sides finally came to an understanding. Mr. Fincher brings years of experience to the position. He is able to cut through the gobbledygook and provide simple explanations anyone could understand. Welcome aboard!
I submit the following stringent engineering guidelines which all of us are held accountable.... (All actions are to be submitted to present employee holding least tenure within a radius of not more than 11,000 nautical miles of a country with official adoption of the metric system, while employee is duly being compensated under company guidelines of not more than 3.5 minutes working time per any 68 hour period. All measurement are to be be STRICTLY FEILD VERIFIED.)
After reading Willie's last post in the electrician help thread we DEFINITELY need him in this thread!!!! as I am sure he could set us straight on quite a few subjects.... and not just milking facts
Ok... Are we talking Milking facts, Or milking the facts?
Any kind of milking would be welcome in this thread even almond or a few other things I recall earlier on in this thread
Wow, a full circle.
Threads are like that....
We'll be back on superheaters soon enough.
Funny you should bring superheeters up.... I was thinking...I know hah hah.... anyways from my electronics work I remembered all the cool things that happened when we started using superCOOLERS - so what's about we incorporate supercoolers into the new 'big picture plan'???
Lets see, we have discussed Pre-coolers, intercoolers, and aftercoolers... So yeah supercoolers will fit right in.
We still need to get to recoolers, decoolers, intRAcoolers, and uncoolers.
As long as we are discussing coolers, now... Here's a little ditty that I heard with respect to a certain taboo subject, about a certain lawyer, in the current news...
Forgot the wine coolers and I still prefer a beer cooler! Need to add: The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!
Hilarious !!!
There are Signs, stickers and shirts with that slogan!! My previous employer BANNED them from Site then had to lift the ban as is First Amendment protected.
Um, I guess I could handle the uncoolers for us; I'm always being told how uncool I am...
With any luck the EM Bike will be ready for next years race. Should be a shoo in to win as it won't have to stop for fuel. You would think the rider would be cold but the EM Bike will incorporate an Automatic Rider Comfort Control System. The ARCCS uses advanced coercive persuasion to make the rider feel as warm and comfortable as he wants to be so therefore is. https://www.pdramx.com/2020-race
The seat also messages so you don't get monkey butt and walk bowlegged for 2 weeks.
I really think we should consider a Snowmobile using the EM technology too. And maybe offering a snow kit for the bike wouldn't be a bad idea either. Just trying to expand the market share here.
Should have plenty of Heat source for Heat Pump system with all the electronic gadgetry to fulfill supplies for, could aid in a state of the art bubble climate system so one would never need Umbrellas Coats or Sunscreen!! All Self Contained wonderment.
The shift between superheaters an supercoolers would take care of that, depending on the season and temperature variations. See... simple.
This guy stole our idea
Knew a guy up by Easton that could do all that with 9 Siberian huskies.
I know some guys in easton... rough crowd!!!!
There are snow bike conversion kits already on the market but they will need to be improved to handle the power of the EM Bike. https://www.timbersled.com/en-us/snow-bikes/
Yeah, one of my buddies I. Easton has had them for years... He really likes it too I don't know whether or not to bring him on board with the Em bike...
There is no board with the EM Bike. The EM Bike is made to ride not be kept at idle because some group of pencil necked geeks can't understand the obvious benefits of the EM Bike.
Great idea Dave!! We need a surf board holder on one model. It is ok looking at work with a boat, but I am thinking a surf board might be better for flagging. Thinking of picking up surfing as a option.
Not to be a Killjoy, but does anybody have an actual, useable electrical schematic for this? 46 pages and the R and D guys are just shaking their heads. Are we going with DC power feeding an invertor variable frequency to drive an AC traction motor or just good old fashioned DC all the way? An AC drive motor will be the most bulletproof scenario. Cooper is in agreement there.
Great idea blocker!!!! everything needs to be internet connected these days... so yes a micro board modem for surfing is something that should be stock... not optional
I think we're beyond schematics with the EMBike... I mean schematics are so old tech.... we're into cutting edge here
Bring some liquid metal tech back from the future?
I thought the schematics had been multidimensionally broadcast on low band so as to propagate to all you guys. Have you not been listening to the MS Foreign Legion numbers station broadcasts?? There are assignment posting up now, and we need another judge for the annual peanut butter cookie contest!
Yeh, we tried multi on low... meh... so so results found it to be more reliable to send them old skool paket radio on ELF through the woodpecker system it may take a week to send a 10k file but the error rate is lower than 10^4 kbit/mpascal so we think that's pretty good.
That figures, My ELF receiver is in for cleaning.
Wires... it don't need no stinkin' wires. It's the EM Bike. It will be the best selling machine ever created. The largest demographic it will be marketed to is owners of equipment 1994 and newer that are sick and tired of dealing with never ending problems with DEF, DPF, ECM's, ECU's, etc. The EM Bike is the Cleanest Greenest and Meanest Machine ever created and does not produce any emissions and comes with a transferable lifetime CGMM warranty. If some gov't. agency or law enforcement tries to legislate environmental impact systems for the EM Bike, just show them a copy of the warranty and blow the horn. The designers of the EM Bike contacted the makers of the horn for Plymouth Roadrunner because they wanted to have a horn that everybody has always dreamed off. Instead of saying "beep beep" it will progressively say FU2 up to an ear piercing 167 decibels to tell people how you really feel. In clinical trials this was determined to be the most effect method of putting these scum in their place. Somebody steals your parking spot...hit the horn, somebody cuts you off... hit the horn, somebody stops suddenly in front you... hit the horn, somebody looks at your EM Bike with a stupid smirk... stand on the horn and give then the finger. They will be so grateful for your thoughtful gesture they will carefully take the bus to get an EM Bike all for themselves. It's a win win situation.
I want to know what happened to the sharpshooter with the round screwed into his ear... do you touch it off with a hammer? How do you aim? Hard to to find a ear bore laser.
The only new motorcycle on the market with a ceiling fan....standard!
So, sort of like one of those air boats down on the everglades but different?
When you do a wheelie it will be just exactly like an air boat....but more buoyant of course....far more acceleration and creature comforts too. Now available soon with the SPORT package featuring imitation carbon fiber trim and the soon to be infamous “ludicrous speed” button.
It will be bladeless with a Hepa filter borrowing from Dyson technology. It will also serve to dry you off in the event you ride in the rain or have an unfortunate accident due to the unbelievable acceleration in ludicrous mode.
Will you also incorporate the other 'cleaning' ideas proposed by some of the test pilots we had last year.... when they had their .... accidents...?
???? Did I miss some sort of adventure?
You are on to something again Dave!! EM Bike....always self detailed!!
Never tell a lie until you swallow your cookie. I am imparting some wisdom tonight which I just gained through experience. Mrs. Blocker in BS is making cookies right at this very moment. I am in another room. She half-heartedly exclaims some sort of onomatopoeia and says “What happened??”. I grew slightly concerned and started to think about possibly making a move toward her direction to assist with whatever impending disaster is actively unfolding. She said she had put a dozen cookies in the oven and only 11 came out! I was not fooled. Never tell a lie until you have swallowed your cookie.
Was it a bakers dozen or a regular dozen??? Two missing cookies could mean two thieves. Tread lightly while you follow the crumbs to the crime scene.
And ALWAYS take samples for evidence... cause pics don't always convey the whole meaning
....no crumbs....professional hit?? The baker’s dozen does lend credence to more investigation!
I'd keep a very low profile and void contact at all costs. You know that theory about women's intuition most men think is just speculation... well it isn't. Crumbs or not they can tell!
Uhh, onomatopoeia? What sound does a cookie make?
Great news!! The cookie investigation has been cancelled. Since there were no witnesses to speak with, and no base line to compare the amount of dough missing with ever dwindling population of cookies left we decided to drop all inquiries into the matter. Furthermore, we have established that twelve is most likely still twelve and not thirteen.
you could always plead triskaidekaphobia...
Well Dave, I am trying to instill in her the understanding that problem resolution can be greatly expedited through means of bribery. I mean it is just one little cookie. Cookies gets disappear all the time right? I think a few a have disappeared since this investigation was closed. That is PERFECTLY normal, right? It is a big cruel world out there.
I see you guys are bound and determined to make this the longest thread in history LOL
We're just getting started.
Well twelve is the same as thirteen for the larger values of twelve. And as I always told my first wife, who worked in a factory as supervisor for incoming inspection, someone has to confirm the quality of the product before shipping! And no! my stealing cookies were not the reason she was the "first" and not current!
Sounds like a cover up to me!!!!!! you better get some cameras installed that will contain a record of what happens next time... and there will be a next time too!!!!
Yup I see the boys have it all under control. I have been spending most of my time building the Ebike, haven't had much time to post anything. We are at 47 pages. I figure when we hit the elusive 60 pages I will unveil the Ebike in all its glory.
The defense my grandpa used to use when cookies went missing. " I only eat 2 " No matter how many were missing. The 2 being the first and the last. This defense worked his entire life. I have tried to keep his memory alive by using the same cookie defense, so far in my 62 years, it seems to have worked. Might be worth a try Blocker
For cookies to be proper cookies they must baked by a licensed Masterbaker. If the baker was not a licensed Masterbaker they can not bring about an action to another party or parties regardless of how many cookies were allegedly stolen. A Masterbaker would not recognize a regular dozen. A non Masterbaker's claim would be dismissed in it's entirety. A person(s) committing an illegal act cannot bring an action to another person with regards to the illegal act. The legal term is Ex turpi causa non oritur actio. It is the same as a drug dealer can not bring an action for non payment. In some cases the person bringing the action is given a slap on the wrist for their stupidity... A person who would like to become a licensed Masterbaker would be ill advised to bring an action as a slap on the wrist could severely limit their abilitity to become a Masterbaker. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_turpi_causa_non_oritur_actio
Is that like Long ton, short ton or was it tongue? as to a heavy twelve, would a Light Twelve be closer to eleven?
It is very confusing, the US ton is a short ton, the UK ton is a long ton and then there is the metric ton but it is referred to as a tonne. They're all bloody different. I don't know how people like Crane operator keep their sanity. Customer calls up and says he needs something lifted. Then the questions begin... How heavy is it? Is that short tons, long tons, US tons, UK tons or metric tonnes? No different with liquid measurements. There's US gallons, imperial gallons, UK gallons, Canadian gallons and then litres that aren't even close. It's a wonder we all haven't gone insane trying to figure this out.
Confusing, I'm always confused. Liters, gallons. How about beer. You have your six pack, 8 pack, box (12) 15, 18 then the famous 24 (pronounced two four) Then you go to a pub and there is a glass, a mug a sleeve a flight, a jug Whiskey you have your mickey, a 26er, a 40 pounder The 26er is now a 750 ml, not sure what a 40 is anymore But the part that really gets me is that in my town, gas is $1.39 a liter, and people complain so much. Yet the same people will go into the gas station store and buy a liter or water and pay $2.00 for it. The stuff comes out of the tap for free. So should the Ebike run on Kentucky of Scotch Whiskey? I suppose I should be patriotic and use Canadian Whiskey. Or Maple Syrup. But If I recharge the battery buy plugging it into the wall and when have Hydro Electric power can I honestly say it runs off of water This fog of confusion is getting thicker and thicker.
Is that fog or smoke!!
Now you just had to throw that in to really confuse me.
In the construction business I hear repeated references to a **** ton!!!! I asked the boss just how heavy that is... he never really gave me a definite answer other than I know it's heavier than the rest of the tons.
I think it's a reference to how Honey Wagons determine if they're overloaded. Milk trucks hauling from dairy farms do not have to follow spring road bans as they are considered a perishable commodity. I'm curious if Honey Wagons are required to follow road bans? It may not be perishable but will certainly ferment, especially on a hot summers day. What is a drivers official title, **** disturber? What if the truck is over weight, would law enforcement pull them over? What would they require the driver do with the excess, take it back, dump it out, pump it to another Honey Wagon, etc.? Would a hazmat crew have to come out to do an ass essment? Would they get paid extra hazard pay? Would there be a time limit or exposure limit for the clean up? Would the violation be given to the driver or the customer? After all it's the customer who's full of it... er over full of it? What training is required to become a Honey Wagon driver, eat beans and extra hot Mexican for a week and then be locked in a non-vented loo on a ship with 3 other candidates in 100 deg. heat to see who lasts the longest? Is that the real reason it's called a poop deck? Do you end up with a number 7 poop chute? Is the winning applicant the one who's eyes water the least or nose hairs curly the least? What do you put for likes on a resume to become a Honey Wagon driver? What do you put on a resume to get into a different line of work? Is becoming a Honey Wagon driver considered a promotion or a demotion? How would get to be a supervisor and what would your title be? Instead of getting awards for a million miles, do you get a reward for a million dumps? Can you get a lifetime dump award? What if somebody rear ended a Honey Wagon? Would you try to dump on them? Sorry, what was the question?
The better question would be what does that honey wagon weigh???? 20 ton.... 20 long tonnes.... or 20 **** tons.... I'm thinking the latter especially if it's looks like it's full of it...
I am worried about the progress of the EM bike’s slide in camper. Has anyone got any blueprints carved out in crayon yet? I would like to take a vote on the secondary matter of some of us approaching the EU, the UN, NATO and anyone else concerned with standardizing a “world” measurement system. Maybe that is what the Illuminati are working on.
I thought master bakers were all blind...
I heard a limerick, about this very s(h)ituation... I searched near across the internet nation but could not find the one I wanted and became somewhat daunted Just a case of literary constipation... Seriously, there was one that had the word scatological in it, but I couldn't find it, just now...
Dave I think you are thinking of some other kind of masters? Think it has to do with the guys responsible for putting the bait on the fish hooks of the professional fishermen. I hear they start out as apprentice then move to journeyman and if the get real good they qualify as master!
Pretty sure that if it's tuned to run blended Whiskey just about anything will work. Some non blends like Bourbon and better Scotches may need some sampling before filling the tank. That could use up a lot of the fuel before it goes into the tank.
Only if they're in a hurry and too lazy to chill the butter and refrigerate the dough. Typical of wannabe Masterbakers. The last thing a real Masterbaker wants is shrinkage. Some Masterbakers prefer tough cookie's though. As baking buff Erin McDowell has explained , room temperature butter is more likely than cold butter to glom onto the work surface (and, consequently, to require extra flour protection, leading to less tender cookies). Plus, when the dough rests under refrigeration, the protein strands relax and it becomes less susceptible to shrinking as you roll it, cut it, and bake it.
I found a unicorn The elusive unicorn oil is in my grasp. In my best Elmer Fudd voice Be very very quite, hunting wabbits
I think I heard a request, there WW...
Do you have a really big net? I think that would be the first plan of attach. I hear unicorns hate nets.
Well I caught the elusive little bugger. Rendered it down. Boney little beast, not much there to render. I got 1 drop of oil out of it. ONE DROP. And now for the sad part. I am a bit clumsy, my wife tells everyone that if I was walking through a desert and there was one rock, I would trip over it. Well there must have been a rock on the floor of my basement because I tripped over something and the vial of U oil broke and well you can imagine the rest. I ran and got some paper towel to soak it up but when I got back it was like magic, there was no sign of the oil, it was just gone. So sad.
Don't feel too bad, at least you are OK and your house is now enchanted. There are many people driving cars that have the uncanny knack of hitting every pot hole on the road even if they could drive in any other 3 other lanes to miss one.
We are making progress! Wrench, do you know any practicing paranormal geneticists? Since your house is enchanted, maybe we could one in to conjure up some enchantment and code unicorn DNA from the enchantment musk and we can proceed with PLAN: CLONING (aka PLAN-UNICORN IN A BOTTLE)!! All we will have to do is clone the DNA and have some sort of lab do some stuff and put it in one of those wall cookers....what do call it?....space warmer boxes....microwave! yes that’s it!....and voila! Of course it will be synthetic, but everyone already wants synthetic oil anyway.
I have my old magic wand from work. I brought it home, it didn't work. No matter how many times I waved it over a piece of broken equipment, it never fixed itself. If I can find it, and trap another unicorn, extract the one drop of oil from it and apply it to the magic wand, I wonder if it would revive the wand. With a working wand I think most of our problems would be over guys. I could just wave that little sucker around a few times and POOF, what ever we needed for the project would appear. Okay, I'm heading out to see if I can find another unicorn. Side note. Must not watch anymore Harry Potter movies before bed.
You might want to check on your homeowners insurance... a lot of companies cover this because thy have rarely had to make good on it!!! at least you could get some reimbursement out of it and get to see the insurance agent cry that they have to pay you for the loss.
Enchanted is good. You could park your EM Bike in the basement and it would become enchanted and be able to fly. It could also be made invisible but it goes so fast most people would miss it anyway. Remember the enchanted car in Harry Potter. Instead of a Ford Anglia you could have an enchanted EM Bike. That really would be the ****!
Well back to the EM Bike, I am still awaiting the Photo presentations so can get to actively marketing this beasty to the Millennials at hand!!
I don't know about Millennials. They'd probably trip and fall over it because they couldn't put their phone or I-pod down for 3 seconds to even see it in front of them. Maybe if the owning and operating manual was available as an app in the form of a game? I got it! A virtual reality EM Bike that is actually in real time for people addicted to their electronic devices. They put the helmet on and feel like they are in different world. It would be sure to set new records. For what, we don't know.
Uuuuummmm, I think we need to think about making the helmet put itself on.... like a self deploying seatbelt.... or KITT's passive restraint system because from the few tests I heard about on the red grapevine all of the millenials that were given proof of concept EMBike designs could not figger out how to properly put the helmet on...
You need to put a helmet on to think you are in a different world? Great, now I have to go buy some sort of helmet.
Also need to have the helment have head recognition software, so countless hordes of millennials won't get crushed to death by their manbuns...
The only thing on the EM bike designed for man buns is the seat! You have to draw the line somewhere.
All good ideas.... but....... due to political concerns we have to make the EMBike gender neutral/friendly.... so that lets out the MANbun sensors... unfortunately....
The EM Bike is not politically correct. That is whole reason for the EM Bike in the first place. The EM Bike neither leans left nor leans right. It leans back... like an easy chair and lets the rider clear their mind of anything to do with politics and government. Nobody dare vote against the mighty EM Bike. The repercussions would be horrendous!
Oooooo, that could be an issue with our target audience.... they like things to lean sideways... a lot
It leans in the corners but then straightens out unlike politics where they never straighten out. They can't because they were never straight in the first place. They were always crooked. The EM Bike is neutral in religion and politics. More people have died because of religion and politics than other means. The EM Bike could solve what all pageant contestants have been wanting forever... World Peace!.
Here we go again....beating the preverbal horse.... If we beat all the horses to death and they find the end of the oil supply like they have been talking about for year....everyone will want an EM bike! Maybe we need to make a hardened versions. “Can withstand any EMP strike.” That would take out most of the vehicles left. We could call it the EMP Bike!
Let me get this straight.... You want to add a P to the name and make it hard...... LOL ok....the current demographic will like that
....if you find a fish to hook, right?
Look what you did Ronsii! You made me start talking about “hooking”.
Hey.... You're the one that posts all those dirty pics ..
Forget about hooking lets talk about hoes... With the Shallow Trench Digging attachment the EM Bike will be able to penetrate hard ground up to 9-1/2" deep so you don't have to pay to have it done by a hoe. Optional collection bags can be used to contain the spoils.
Great idea!!! I always like multi-use tools and any time you can sell supplies that are 'keyed' to the hardware it's even better I think we need to get the injuneers looking into an extra deep kit also... that would work on softer soils and non-cohesive soil types...
Perhaps special lubricants could be used for enhanced performance in extra deep applications.
Perhaps Lucas could cook up some synthetic Unicorn oil... If we can get another drop for a sample?
We need a service truck version around here too.
Oh oh...... So, I have been out for days trying to track down another Unicorn. No luck at all. I tried amazon and the best I could come up with was this https://www.amazon.ca/Squatty-Potty-Unicorn-Toilet-Fruity/dp/B01LYLJ36Z?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1 Uhhhhhh, nooooooooo So I decided that I should work on my other Ebike, the one that I ride every day. Well, not good. In my excitement of possibly getting out on the road for the first time this year, I connected the phase wires to the motor up wrong. Apparently that is not a good idea. The controller is blinking angry codes at me, it's done. I lost at least one Hall Sensor in the hub motor, I'm not sure if there isn't damage inside too, the cable from the controller to the motor was "warm to the touch". Not good at all. New controller is $380 Canadian but none in stock due to Covid19. I could replace the hub motor with the exact same as what I have for $400+ but while I really liked it and the performance was excellent, there were a few things that I didn't like, such as the torque arm mount and the fact that the cable came out of the middle of the shaft, very prone to damage, I can only mount a 9 speed freewheel onto it and my shifter is set up for 10 so its not quite right. If I upgrade to a different hub I get 10 gears back and the torque arm set up it so much better and the cable exits totally different, totally protected. But it is about $700+. So I might have to step up the search for the Unicorn, might need to get the little one running first.
Bummer wornout wrenchy I do have a bit of good news for you though..... a few years back I had to retrofit a 9speed freewheel into a customers existing 10/12 speed frame... before I took the job I checked with the manufacturer in china about the process and was told' will work most excellently kind sir'..... well when I finally got to doing the job I found that the chinese guy was simply using google translate to convert the text he got form the guy in india they they outsourced the manufacturing to!!! and apparently they say everything will work most excellently kind sir so ... anyways I found myself all alone in this bewildering project but as I sat there staring at it for a couple days in complete disamazement it finally hit me!!! a part of the shifter let go and slammed into my face!!! well, I guess it knocked some sense into me because right then and there I thought if I just slip a couple fender washers from a 1967 honda mini bike in between the cable and holder while also adding a longer spring that I had found while doing the brakes on my 1975 triumph that seemed to be an extra part left in there by the british fellow that assembled it many moons ago... everything would fit good and have the proper tension to select all 9 ranges!!! So I popped all the bits in and voila!!!! it works slicker than a banana peel on the sidewalk in from of a target store
I'm calling BS on the Triumph spring. It should have been one from a late 60's Honda 305.
Probably the Brit tech accidentally left it in when working on both vehicles at the same time.... Got mixed up cause both parts had came from the same supplier.... Girling....
Girling.... That's right up there with Lucas: Prince of darkness.
But they do such a good job on the woodwork for instrumentation....
Speaking of the Squatty Potty, I think there is a good opportunity to raise funds for further advancement of the EM Bike. We can sell toilet paper to countries where they are running out. The last thing you want to run out of. Now Squatty Potty is competing with Poo Pourri. Who would have thought??? Makes you wonder how someone came up with the idea... Did they go in after Uncle Tex won the burrito eating contest or they couldn't stand themselves? How would they advertise for product testers? What would their job title be? What's considered a good day at the office? Would anyone try to get warranty because it didn't work for them? On second thought, what a brilliant idea, would never have to worry about product returns.
Wornout, as to that $380 CDN dollar controller if you still need it I think I have around $5.00 US in my PayPal account so I could cover the cost for you.
Works for me, I will send the left over $4.50 change back to you. Wait a minuet, is this one of these scams, are you a Nigerian Prince
Why do I always get that?
I just fall back and wonder, could that spring have been in British Standard, they will not convert to Metric or standard so could be the burn up culprit!!
Could be.... the brits arange their springs based on the BSS thread... but the tricky part is they measure them when the half load is applied to the spring in compression so you need a special test/measure fixture that was only available from the New Hudson company until Lucas bought the rights back in the 40's and moved production of the test stands to Birmingham... even then you'll have a jolly time getting them to ship one across the pond!
Triumph springs are wound backwards, due to the fact that they have to drive on the left side of the road.
OM Goodness, just thinking righty tightie lefty loosie except on HD L lug nuts and some old cars, could have had a meltdown in your hands at ANY Moments notice no forewarning!! Scary even with Unicorn oil it would have had to have gone off!!.
Do lefty tighty bolts come undone on roads, in the UK?
That there is the issue... They are testing tension springs under compression. But if you stretch them first, I guess I makes sense somewhere. Probably explains the scarcity of those special test stands.
Do not start calling BS around here! You will go horse for sure! Cooper might even go horse.
Wrench, you should really consider the 8LL conversion with a gear venders over drive. Be sure to pull the 8LL down and swap 7th and 8th so that you will have 324.6 inch/hour increase in speed which gets you right above the speed of sound at your altitude so you will not be continually falling below and then reaching the sound barrier and producing those annoying sonic booms. You do not want to scare the trees up there. The toilet paper idea will have an added boon of increasing production for some of those areas enduring the forest products plants being idled. I thought I saw a small unicorn and ran to a machine to catch it, but the key was not left in!
what happened , the e bike battery go dead
Nah Just been working in the lab coming up with better stuff
Oh... that's right... I forgot it was legal up there too... heh heh
The greatest commentary on stuff ever... if it's yours it's stuff, if it's someone else's it's ****.
What's the hold up with the EM Bike? If anything should be considered essential it should be the certified clean EM bike. Could be used to deliver testing kits.
Was wondering when this was gonna reanimate!!
As long as it doesn't mutate!!!! ;0)
E-bike mfrs have converted to makin e-masks...
should apply for some of that 2 trillion because this corona lock down stuff is cutting into E-bike development
Top secret EM Bike factory anonymously offered to make PPE to supply the whole world but rescinded when told they would face retaliation if any went outside the US. It would cause significant humanitarian implications.
Here you go, Ronsii: ↑ I said: Heck, I think I am just a pigment of someone's imagination. Ronsii said: This definitely needs to get into the what gives thread.... Somebody once said "pigment of imagination" to my mother during a serious confrontation at work. She lost it, and made the whole situation much worse with her uncontrollable giggles. Since then, it has been an element of my family's lexicon.
LOL!!!! Yeah, glad you brought this thread up everything in the EMBike factory took a turn for the worse when one of the kids working on the fifthwheel plate hitch slide system started coughing a couple weeks ago so awl hail broke loose!!!! we had to call in doctors and nurses to start checking everybody for corona and of course we had several of the younger school kids test positive!!! so that opened a big can of worms with labor and industries, DOE, and a few other agencies wanting to know why we had 4 year olds working in a factory... well duh... it's cheaper!!!! so now the factory is pretty much at a standstill because all the people in power won't meet you in person so you can arrange a 'settlement' with them personally they all want to work from home- which means they are really out enjoying themselves on vacation while telling their employer thy are working!!! Anyways this whole mess wouldn't have started if the nurses giving the test could speak proper english and understand that we wanted 'corona virus testing' and not 'corona beer testing' I mean how were we to know those kids liked beer....
Now Now, child labor is not approved as safety first must have at least some manageable adult supervision so as to not jack knife the EM bike in a corner and tear up the street!! Might cross contaminate the entire county!
I hear that the e-bike shipping department lost all its shippers, due to the wuflu. They are taking a real hit, now, as they will have to rely on shipping wars contractors, to deliver their products...
Yeah we heard that too some of us were in a virtual meeting the other day discussing things like virtual distancing and the like.... and one of the tech team mentioned an EMBike drone that would be modular and hook right into the EMBike's power supply!!! first calculations would indicate a self delivery range of almost 200 miles and I think if we get some tweekers in there to tweek the settings and battery capacity we could improve it a good bit....
I'm scratching out some new drawings, oil has really taken a dive in value. I think its going to change everything. I'm wondering if I could set one up with something like a round sleeve, in a cast block, then a rotating crankshaft assembly. If I could set it up right, it could have a set of valves, and a overhead rack running mechanical injectors. Then I could have a gear driven blower assembly, to scavenge out the combustion chambers. It could make power on every upstroke. I'm thinking I could run a petroleum based fuel, that will combust under pressure. No recharge times, two minutes to pour in some more fuel and off you could go again. You could even keep the fuel in a small tank on the bike. I don't think anyone has ever tried something like this before, so you guys are going to have to be patient. Something like this:
Wow... That's a new concept. Why didn't I think of that one?
I like it... Ingenious!!!!
Very interesting concept! Wonder if it would be possible to scale this up by building it in multiple numbers of cylinders? Say from 2 to 16? Or if someone was really in more power maybe a custom version with 24 cylinders? Or wonder if one could make the components bigger and maybe use some thing like 92, 110 or even 149 cylinder displacements?
Ok.. got some bad news The other day during the virtual meeting we had a lot of suggestions and may of us decided to act on some of the better sounding ideas So we took a vote and decided to proceed with the drone mount transformer based setup to hopefully alleviate most of the delivery issues we were being plagued with.... any ways we had guys working round the clock fabbing up a prototype to test out the next day and we figgered we better save time and have some tech types tweak the settings now instead of later... anyways one of the board members(Paul) was in charge of the hiring and brought in the crew to tweak the settings that night.... when I arrived on site the next morning there wasn't a piece of copper wire left in the EMBike as Paul had hired actual 'tweakers' and not software tweakers.... so now we aren't sure what to do as the new prototype is basically scrap sitting there.
I have come bits of copper wire from a house wiring project I could send!
Thanks for the offer but they also chopped anything that looked like copper/brass/bronze... so they cut the beryllium coated superconductors we were using for the passive restraint system in the main harness plus a bunch of cad plated structural stuff for the new unimog style mounting plates... it's in bad shape
Back to the E-bike, Just saw a video, on youtube from this crazy British guy, He's got a germ of an ideer, here, but picture it as the social distancing E-bike! Bet he could sell a bajillion of'em!
That does look interesting... but I think the death rate from social distancing with that could be higher than the virus Here's a pic of what the EMBike looked like when I arrived in the shop the other morning I have guys already going over it to see what we can save...
Another ideer hit, as I awoke this mawnin! that social distancing bike what with its high frame, could have solar panels, in the sides, and fun mostly free!
Way back in the middle `60's a couple kids I went to school with built some bikes like that. I believe for their version the main modification was to simply assemble the bike with the frame inverted to raise the crank shaft for the peddles then make what ever changes were needed to get seat and handle bars up to the height needed. Wonder if I could do that with one of my motorcycles? Install The engine with the frame inverted????
Here's one where the guy clearly didn't think it through. https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/488359153341763424/?d=t&mt=login
Ape Hangers, never saw the demand nor function. Prefer to be IN Control of my bike not it of ME!!
Back on the hunt for a unicorn
Here's maybe a better one.
AHHH The memories of clutching the Porcelain throne and calling for RALPH!!!!!
Never understood the attraction of those!
So here's why uni-oil is so hard to get...